Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

Aye bro. Made my list.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #52 (permalink)
washed up
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,312
Default

I've noticed that Goofle prefers Tim as well which is interesting to me. I find Tim to be a wonderful record, but Let It Be is just a little more consistent and there's a couple tracks on Tim that I find to be pretty horrendous (Lay It Down Clown). Replace a couple of the mediocre tracks on Tim with Unsatisfied/I Will Dare/Androgynous and we'd have a flawless album imo.
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You are literally hitler.
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

1.) Keys to the Kuffs-JJ Doom
2.)Madvillian-Madlib/doom
3.) In rainbows-radiohead
4.) In utero-nirvana
5.) Fantastic Damage-el-p
6.) Double Nickels on the Dime-Minutemen
7.) Live at the Witch trials-the fall
8.) Enter 36 Chambers-wu tang
9.) Engine Takes to Water-june of 44
10.) 77-talking heads
11.) Bazooka tooth-aesop rock
12.)Horses-patti smith
13.) Walls and Bridges-john lennon
14.) spiderland-slint
15.) Born like this-doom
16.) Slanted Enchanted-pavement
17.) Nevermind-nirvana
18.) Stankonia-outkast
19.) Nehru Jackets-heems
20.) Stop Making Sense-talking heads
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #54 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
totosama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toulouse / Yokkaichi
Posts: 78
Default

1 - Bad Brains - Roir Sessions
2 - The Stooges - Funhouse
3 - Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
4 - Fugazi - Repeater
5 - Serge Gainsbourg - L'Homme à Tête de Chou
6 - The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
7 - The Pixies - Doolittle
8 - The Cure - Pornography
9 - Max Romeo & The Upsetters - War Ina Babylon
10 - Donny Hathaway - Live
11 - Eels - Electroshock Blues
12 - Melvins - Bullhead
13 - A Tribe Called Quest - Beats, Rhymes & Life
14 - Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters
15 - Culture - Two Seven Clash
16 - Sonic Youth - Evol
17 - Slint - Spiderland
18 - Junior Murvin - Police & Thieves
19 - Yellow Magic Orchestra - Naughty Boys
20 - Screeching Weasel - My Brains Hurts
__________________
Last.FM

Music Journal
totosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
1.) Keys to the Kuffs-JJ Doom
2.)Madvillian-Madlib/doom
3.) In rainbows-radiohead
4.) In utero-nirvana
5.) Fantastic Damage-el-p
6.) Double Nickels on the Dime-Minutemen
7.) Live at the Witch trials-the fall
8.) Enter 36 Chambers-wu tang
9.) Engine Takes to Water-june of 44
10.) 77-talking heads
11.) Bazooka tooth-aesop rock
12.)Horses-patti smith
13.) Walls and Bridges-john lennon
14.) spiderland-slint
15.) Born like this-doom
16.) Slanted Enchanted-pavement
17.) Nevermind-nirvana
18.) Stankonia-outkast
19.) Nehru Jackets-heems
20.) Stop Making Sense-talking heads
I love Keys to the Kuffs a lot, one of my favourite DOOM albums. But wow I didn't expect it to hit anyone's list, no less take the No. 1 slot.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Mr. Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
Default

My top favorite 20:

1. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
2. The Clash - London Calling
3. The Smiths - The Smiths
4. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
5. Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and The Sinner Lady
6. Danny Brown - XXX
7. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
8. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
9. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
10. The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
11. The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
12. Can - Tago Mago
13. Death Grips - Exmilitary
14. Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures
15. The Replacements - Let It Be
16. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
17. Pixies - Surfer Rosa
18. The Smiths - Meat is Murder
19. Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
20. The Mothers of Invention - We're Only In It for The Money
Mr. Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #57 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Red View Post
My top favorite 20:

1. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
2. The Clash - London Calling
3. The Smiths - The Smiths
4. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
5. Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and The Sinner Lady
6. Danny Brown - XXX
7. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
8. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
9. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
10. The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
11. The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
12. Can - Tago Mago
13. Death Grips - Exmilitary
14. Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures

15. The Replacements - Let It Be
16. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
17. Pixies - Surfer Rosa
18. The Smiths - Meat is Murder
19. Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
20. The Mothers of Invention - We're Only In It for The Money
Very good list my friend, most notably your number one since it's mine as well well. I like everything on your list but the bolded ones are especially stellar. Also good to see another Cecil fan! My favourite of his is Nefertiti, the Beautiful One Has Come, which is really worth your time if you'ven't given it a go yet.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #58 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Mr. Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Very good list my friend, most notably your number one since it's mine as well well. I like everything on your list but the bolded ones are especially stellar. Also good to see another Cecil fan! My favourite of his is Nefertiti, the Beautiful One Has Come, which is really worth your time if you'ven't given it a go yet.

You have good taste in music. Trout Mask is a masterpiece and it has become my favorite I had to put it at #1. As for that Cecil album, I haven't listened to it yet but I will. Thanks for the recommendation.
Mr. Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #59 (permalink)
A Jew on a motorbike!
 
Josef K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I've noticed that Goofle prefers Tim as well which is interesting to me. I find Tim to be a wonderful record, but Let It Be is just a little more consistent and there's a couple tracks on Tim that I find to be pretty horrendous (Lay It Down Clown). Replace a couple of the mediocre tracks on Tim with Unsatisfied/I Will Dare/Androgynous and we'd have a flawless album imo.
Yeah, I agree. I don't love the production on Tim, also.
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
A Jew on a motorbike!
 
Josef K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 779
Default

  1. Spiritualized: Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
  2. Bruce Springsteen: Darkness on the Edge of Town
  3. Elvis Costello: Get Happy!!
  4. The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
  5. Modest Mouse: The Lonesome Crowded West
  6. Titus Andronicus: The Monitor
  7. Belle and Sebastian: If You’re Feeling Sinister
  8. Godspeed You! Black Emperor: Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
  9. Nick Cave: Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus
  10. X: Los Angeles
  11. David Bowie: Station to Station
  12. The Zombies: Odessey and Oracle
  13. The Who: Quadrophenia
  14. Miles Davis: On the Corner
  15. The Rolling Stones: Exile on Main Street
  16. The Replacements: Let it Be
  17. The Jayhawks: Hollywood Town Hall
  18. Refused: The Shape of Punk to Come
  19. John Coltrane: A Love Supreme
  20. The Antlers: Hospice
For whatever it's worth, these five just barely didn't make the cut:
  • The Hold Steady: Boys and Girls in America
  • Ornette Coleman: Free Jazz
  • Charles Mingus: Mingus Ah Um
  • Marvin Gaye: What’s Going On
  • Albert Ayler: New York Eye and Ear Control
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.