|02-20-2015, 08:26 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2014
My Top 50 Albums Ever
1. Revolver - The Beatles
2. Kid A - Radiohead
3. In a Sentimental Mood - John Coltrane
4. Low - David Bowie
5. Blonde on Blonde - Bob Dylan
6. Bitches Brew - Miles Davis
7. The White Album - The Beatles
8. White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground
9. Lanquidity - Sun Ra
10. Tago Mago - Can
11. Heroes - David Bowie
12. Safe as Milk - Captain Beefheart
13. In a Silent Way - Miles Davis
14. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
15. Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
16. The Velvet Underground and Nico - The Velvet Underground
17. Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
18. In the Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson
19. Axis: Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix
20. Moondog - Moondog
21. Giant Steps - John Coltrane
22. OK Computer - Radiohead
23. The Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra, Vol. 1 - Sun Ra
24. Another Green World - Brian Eno
25. Interstellar Space - John Coltrane
26. Abbey Road - The Beatles
27. Computer World - Kraftwerk
28. John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band - John Lennon
29. Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
30. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd
31. An Electric Storm - White Noise
32. The First Day - David Sylvian and Robert Fripp
33. Neu! '75 - Neu!
34. World Galaxy - Alice Coltrane
35. Rubber Soul - The Beatles
36. Homogenic - Björk
37. Station to Station - David Bowie
38. You're Dead! - Flying Lotus
39. The Man Machine - Kraftwerk
40. Neu! - Neu!
41. Discipline - King Crimson
42. Turn! Turn! Turn! - The Byrds
43. Here Come the Warm Jets - Brian Eno
44. Mr. Tambourine Man - The Byrds
45. Tin Drum - Japan
46. Journey in Satchidananda - Alice Coltrane
47. Mingus Ah Um - Charles Mingus
48. Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy - Sun Ra
49. Different Class - Pulp
50. Master of Reality - Black Sabbath
Totally updated list.
Last edited by Plainview; 05-19-2015 at 07:11 AM.
|02-20-2015, 08:45 AM||#3 (permalink)|
Ze Richest Man In Babylon
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
The only one on that list that makes me feel like it's someone's actual list and not created by a robot is Sun Ra's Lanquidity, lol!
Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette
|02-20-2015, 09:11 AM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
|02-20-2015, 11:12 AM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2014
I don't know: Sun Ra, Alice Coltrane, Charles Mingus, Can, Bjork, Portishead, White Noise, Flying Lotus, Zappa, Pulp, Swans, Death Grips, The Byrds, Kraftwerk, Japan as well as the more standard fare of the 'classic' artists that you'll see on a Rolling Stones list or whatever makes me feel it's fairly diverse. I'm not pretending to have an exceptionally left-field musical taste, and as much as being compared to the list of a third-rate music magazine is a negative, I think the albums I've chosen which share places on both lists genuinely deserve to be held in high regard.
I love The Beatles, I love Dylan, I love the big-name jazz artists like John Coltrane and Miles Davis, I love 60s psychedelia and more modern electronic stuff, and I love Radiohead. Trying to give all of those artists and influences a footing in the list meant picking albums which are symbolic of a certain idea or sound that speaks for the larger genre or sub-genre, so I'm not too fussed if that makes it somewhat unexciting or expected.
Also, really not big on Zeppelin, hence their exclusion from the list. Neither am I a fan of Floyd post-Barrett, or Nirvana or The Smiths or Oasis or Springsteen or plenty of other artists held in high esteem. I do like some more experimental stuff, and I guess this list is trying to be slightly less subjective and more wholly evaluative, a list of pure faves might be more appealing, if one-sided and divisive. I'll probably update this as I listen to more and re-asses.
Last edited by Plainview; 02-20-2015 at 12:54 PM.
|02-23-2015, 03:44 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2015
great list man. nice to see the fantastic album the seer in someones list that album blew me away.
|02-28-2015, 05:37 AM||#8 (permalink)|
I'm back, baby!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Yeah but this is album reviews. Anyone can post a list. I could post a hundred lists. You could run a macro to post lists. You gonna review anything??
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
|03-02-2015, 11:52 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Master, We Perish
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
he said he was gonna review trollheart, let the man's jock alone. all of you, quit that.
ALTHOUGH i do think Nefertiti is among Davis' best. still need to check Mingus tho.