Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Moper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
The moderation on this forum is quite excellent, there is a complete absence of trolls and spammers, and it seems like only the established members get away with anything. Frankly, Boo Boo's attitude and way of speaking were ban worthy imo, and it's not like it's permanent. Maybe when he returns, he'll learn to get a grip on those unsightly emotional whims.
I wouldn't bet on it.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Or hold your breath.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

I banned Boo Boo for a month as he requested to be banned for a certain amount of time so I increased it as he was warned numerous time in the shoutbox by myself to calm his behaviour. Having an off day is one thing. Calling people names just because they don't like the bands CONSTANTLY despite numerous warnings gave me no option to give a longer ban. If your kid constantly swears at people and calls them names then I will not tolerate it, so when a 22 year old man does it then I'm afraid it's a ban.

The rules are generally very lenient here and I have been on a few forums where moderation is a lot tougher. PM's are sent to members who step out of line as we like to keep things out of the forum and stop them coming to a head but some people just can't chill out.

That's about the only justification I will proffer here and if anyone thinks it's unfair then quite honestly- tough. Behave and nothing will happen will it?
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 747
Default

Not really, I sort of followed Big3 around for a month trying to get banned, yelling at him about pop tarts, and sending him pictures of deoderent and I didn't even get a warning.....
TumorAttitude is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumorAttitude View Post
Not really, I sort of followed Big3 around for a month trying to get banned, yelling at him about pop tarts, and sending him pictures of deoderent and I didn't even get a warning.....
Thats because I'm a terrible person and the mods see it as justice.

"They Mod(!) is mystereeeeeerioussss waaaayayyaaaaas"

No but seriously, when did you do that because I didn't even notice?
TheBig3 is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumorAttitude View Post
Not really, I sort of followed Big3 around for a month trying to get banned, yelling at him about pop tarts, and sending him pictures of deoderent and I didn't even get a warning.....
way to fail at being a troll. pop tarts and pictures of deodorant OH NO! hahaha
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

sending people deoderant is quite unsettling. I'd be freaked out.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seemingly Silenced
 
crash_override's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
sending people deoderant is quite unsettling. I'd be freaked out.
Depending on where they're applying it, I can see your point.
__________________
My MB music journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 747
Default

I was like, 12 at the time.....I'm not even sure. Try the Ke$ha thread?

I'll try again after I hit 1111 posts.....
TumorAttitude is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Goblin Tears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 336
Default

Gawd, I would LOVE some pop tarts right now...
Goblin Tears is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.