Missing Posters Bulletin Board - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #7221 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,177
Default

Imagine if you could transition within the course of 5 mins and then just transition back when you feel like it... Is there anyone here who wouldnt try taking a test drive as the opposite sex?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #7222 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
omg yes of course, as opposed to there being something wrong with trans identity. That was my point
based on what though? There's nothing wrong with their sex other than the fact that for whatever reason they dont identify with it. So saying there is something wrong with their sex is the same as saying there's something wrong with their trans identity. The problem with their sex is that it doesn't conform to said identity. And the same is true in reverse imo.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #7223 (permalink)
the Gay Agenda
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 3,220
Default

no, because trans identity is something that exists regardless of transition. Some trans people opt for treatment of their birth sex, but being trans as such is not something to be treated. In case this is starting to sound nitpicky, it's especially relevant when it's implied that being trans is a state of confusion/identity crisis comparable to religious cultism
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Imagine if you could transition within the course of 5 mins and then just transition back when you feel like it... Is there anyone here who wouldnt try taking a test drive as the opposite sex?
oh definitely, I would be so into that
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.

Last edited by Marie Monday; 10-26-2021 at 03:03 PM.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #7224 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Imagine if you could transition within the course of 5 mins and then just transition back when you feel like it... Is there anyone here who wouldnt try taking a test drive as the opposite sex?
I'd ask a friend to take a test drive and then send them a dick pic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:59 PM   #7225 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,177
Default

Please batty we all know you'd be at the front of the line
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #7226 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,814
Default

Being an ugly, fat dude is cool though. Wouldn't want to be an ugly, fat chick.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #7227 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
no, because trans identity is something that exists regardless of transition. Some trans people opt for treatment of their birth sex, but being trans as such is not something to be treated. In case this is starting to sound nitpicky, it's especially relevant when it's implied that being trans is a state of confusion/identity crisis comparable to religious cultism

oh definitely, I would be so into that
The point I was making about religion posts ago was that some people are born, brain chemistry-wise, with a stronger tendency toward religious thinking as they grow and mature. It's not just an environmental factor. The point there was that if you are born with that tendency as opposed to not, it's harder to shake something like that off as you get older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Imagine if you could transition within the course of 5 mins and then just transition back when you feel like it... Is there anyone here who wouldnt try taking a test drive as the opposite sex?
That's the Final Solution actually.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:13 PM   #7228 (permalink)
the Gay Agenda
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 3,220
Default

Because trans identity needs to be shaken off

If you just wanted to make a nature vs nurture point taking cultism as an example is odd at best
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:19 PM   #7229 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
no, because trans identity is something that exists regardless of transition. Some trans people opt for treatment of their birth sex, but being trans as such is not something to be treated. In case this is starting to sound nitpicky, it's especially relevant when it's implied that being trans is a state of confusion/identity crisis comparable to religious cultism

oh definitely, I would be so into that
you can say trans identity exists regardless of transition but so does sex. There would be nothing wrong with their sex if they didn't specifically feel like it clashes with their identity. Thus to say there's something wrong with their sex is implicitly acknowledging that they're is something negative about their condition. If they were born with the same exact sex but no trans identity issues then there would be no issue at all..
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #7230 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Not at all. The final solution is to create therapies where you can either revert back to your birth sex with no side effects or surgeries or shift to a different sex (or orientation even) of your choice with no side effects or medication / surgery. All of that requires an understanding of genetics that we don't have right now, but that's where things are going.
Treating them like people instead of broken, diseased, genetically inferior cultists will eliminate a great deal of the struggles involved with transitioning and the trans experience in general instead of asserting that they just have to be cisnormative because anything else is too "dangerous".

I'm sure this dialogue tree blew your mind when you saw it on reddit but it's pretty played out at this point.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.