Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback (https://www.musicbanter.com/announcements-suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   How To Improve This Place (https://www.musicbanter.com/announcements-suggestions-feedback/92666-how-improve-place.html)

windsock 10-23-2018 08:18 PM

Music Banter - The Internet's Top Music Community

Obviously we don't have to change anything. We're already at the top.

The Batlord 10-23-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 2008158)
I miss doing my journals so much when I’m banned I have to watch it.

So I guess all your bosses at work need to do to get you to capitulate is allow you a few minutes a day to talk about music.

[MERIT] 10-23-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluff (Post 2007504)
I think Merit is an outstanding forumista and I'm pleased to hear his views on how the forum should be run.

Thank you for the vote of confidence :yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisnaholic (Post 2007675)
It's not easy to find, but there is a list, recently updated by Exo:- https://www.musicbanter.com/showgroups.php

Thank you for reading the original post and taking it seriously [not to imply that others didn't as well].

Now, if we could just get the mods [or former mods] to chime in on what powers they have to make changes that we would like made around here, and what would have to be done by ThePowersThatBe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2007778)
cassavetes dipped, unfortunately.

Lame. Did s/he give a reason?



As far as the original topic of the thread goes, I would love to be able to tag other members in posts so that they don't have to go through dozens of pages to see if anyone is trying to talk to them about a subject in a thread.

Exo 10-23-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2008170)
Now, if we could just get the mods [or former mods] to chime in on what powers they have to make changes that we would like made around here

What exactly do you want to happen around here?

windsock 10-23-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2008172)
What exactly do you want to happen around here?

$1 million unmarked and a private jet to Singapore.

[MERIT] 10-23-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2008172)
What exactly do you want to happen around here?

Well, since you asked:

- The ability to tag members in posts and have it notify them, thus alerting them to pertinent conversation.

- A "Spill Your Guts / Get The Hatred Out" type of thread where users can funnel their anger and say whatever they want without it spilling into other threads and without the threat of being banned. Keep it contained. If it starts spilling over, warnings and bans should ensue.

- Once a member's journal is approved, they should be able to moderate it them self, deleting posts that they don't want in it, etc. Also, once a journal is approved, subsequent posts to it shouldn't have to go through a mod before being posted.

- Some sort of image editor to be included in the site so that we can better change our own avatars ourselves, instead of running to the mods for help [or maybe I'm just retarded when it comes to that].

That's just off the top.

[MERIT] 10-23-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsock (Post 2008177)
$1 million unmarked and a private jet to Singapore.

Nah, I'm from the U.S. I need to go to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty.

Frownland 10-23-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2008209)
- The ability to tag members in posts and have it notify them, thus alerting them to pertinent conversation.

Closest thing that we have to that atm is quote notifications and you never know who has those enabled.

Quote:

- A "Spill Your Guts / Get The Hatred Out" type of thread where users can funnel their anger and say whatever they want without it spilling into other threads and without the threat of being banned. Keep it contained. If it starts spilling over, warnings and bans should ensue.
I don't think that attracting hatred to any part of our forum is a good idea.

Quote:

- Once a member's journal is approved, they should be able to moderate it them self, deleting posts that they don't want in it, etc. Also, once a journal is approved, subsequent posts to it shouldn't have to go through a mod before being posted.
I would be okay with this as far as the OP posting without having to go through a mod once their journal is approved. Maybe an option for a "conditional journal" or something for newer members who want in on the journal action. Not sure on the likelihood of that happening though.

Quote:

- Some sort of image editor to be included in the site so that we can better change our own avatars ourselves, instead of running to the mods for help [or maybe I'm just retarded when it comes to that].
There's a good one in the Avatar Requests OP. You can also use MS Paint and host your image on www.imgur.com.

windsock 10-23-2018 10:32 PM

I personally use paint.net for resizing images. It's free and better than paint. Let's you maintain aspect ratio which is important if you don't want your avatar looking stretched.

MicShazam 10-24-2018 12:00 AM

I just use Gimp, which is a really good, free program that aims to be like a lighter version of Photoshop. It's great, but takes a bit of getting used to since it can do a lot of things.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:02 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.