Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Avant Garde/Experimental
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,760
Default NON & Boyd Rice

Since there was no thread on either, I thought I would make a thread for both.

I've only heard a couple of his tracks, but his industrial and dark ambient type stuff is pretty good from what I've heard so far. One thing I dislike is all the controversy surrounding Boyd. He's always denied being a white supremacist and/or a Nazi, and people that actually know him have vouched for him as well. I think he uses Nazi symbolism as an abrasive counterpoint to popular culture, which is needed. Well, anyway, I'm listening to "God & Beast" and I'm really enjoying it.



Do you want turtle war?

Last edited by Farfisa; 01-02-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,002
Default

i first got into Boyd and his philosophies in the early 90s....i must say that i prefer his less abrasive stuff....specifically the projects he did with Death In June (Scorpion Wind), Der Blutharsch (Wolf Pact) and his "Boyd Rice and friends albums (Music, Martini's and Misanthropy, and Hatesville) as well as his super groovy 60s pop cover band Spell

he was in a film called Pearls Before Swine....which is really quite awful and for the most part just is a way for him to monologue his views....one of those monologues he explains his interest in Nazi aesthetics rather than politics ....the way they dressed, their powerful symbols, their propaganda, etc etc....and the fact that they simply represent exactly what humanity is capable of....and that this should be admired...i don't necessarily agree with these ideas but i think i understand where he is coming from....and really the whole nazi thing really is a very small part of his overall philosophy.....he is very much a social Darwinist and a misanthrope....and by far one of the nicest people i've met at his level of celebrity....."met" its not like we hung out and had drinks
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

You do realize Boyd appeared on several White Nationalist shows, right? You don't have to be a Neo-NAZI to be a White Nationalist.

Anyways, Hatesville is my favorite album involving him. I especially like Jim Goad's contribution.
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,002
Default

well....i disagree....i can't speak for him personally.....but i feel its obvious that he hates white people just as much as he hates black people.....there is a thick line between racialist supremacy and simple misanthropic elitism....."i hate you because your not white" vs "i hate you because i am better than you"....its all there in the track mr intolerance




and yes there are youtube videos of him in the early eighties on some stupid cable access show.....he talks about his music as something that awakens the primal animal in man and the fact that there is a growing movement of radical traditionalism in Europe....not about being a "white" nationalist

saying boyd rice is a white nationalist is like saying jim goad is a serial rapist because of the ANSWER me! rape issue
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Bob, would you still listen to his music if you thought he was racist?
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Groupie
 
pottymouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Wired
Posts: 9
Default

IIRC he runs a Tiki bar. Just to add to confusion re: his racist views or not.
pottymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Luciferian
 
SIRIUSB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 278
Default

Neo-Nazism figures in with some types of Satanism, and for different reasons. I know Boyd was involved with the CoS and later with Nicholas Shreck. Personally, even when I was a member of the Temple of Set where some aspects of Nazism are used, I wasn't interested nor did I really understand the correlations.

I know that antinomianism is a practice in LHP's and perhaps Nazism is attractive in that respect.
SIRIUSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
he was in a film called Pearls Before Swine....which is really quite awful and for the most part just is a way for him to monologue his views....one of those monologues he explains his interest in Nazi aesthetics rather than politics ....the way they dressed, their powerful symbols, their propaganda, etc etc....and the fact that they simply represent exactly what humanity is capable of....and that this should be admired...
actually, i'm a lot like that - i found Triumph of the Will pretty engaging propaganda, actually, although all of it was fake
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Bob, would you still listen to his music if you thought he was racist?
in all sincerity.....it would not bother me at all.....however once he started barking out lyrics about "white" nationalism....i would probably be turned off....i honestly don't care about such things and really have no need for them in my life....i am sure that quite a few of the bands i listen to harbor some kind of racialist ideals....but those ideals do not come out in the music

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
IIRC he runs a Tiki bar. Just to add to confusion re: his racist views or not.
Tiki Boyd's closed a few years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
Neo-Nazism figures in with some types of Satanism, and for different reasons. I know Boyd was involved with the CoS and later with Nicholas Shreck. Personally, even when I was a member of the Temple of Set where some aspects of Nazism are used, I wasn't interested nor did I really understand the correlations.

I know that antinomianism is a practice in LHP's and perhaps Nazism is attractive in that respect.
boyd recently released a press letter saying that LaVey actually wanted him to take over the Church of Satan and he declined....but due to what the Church has become (and lets face it has been for some time now) he feels that he must take that position and return it to the glory it once was

wow Nicholas Shreck....have not heard that name in some time ....what a fucking idiot.....uggggh remember radio Werewolf?....

so partially due to this thread and mainly because i've been wanting to....i finally found a copyof and sat through the entire 4 hour long documentary called Iconoclast a very entertaining documentary on Boyd Rice....and it goes into why the whole "nazi" allure surrounded him
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Luciferian
 
SIRIUSB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 278
Default

LOL . . . yeah, Radio Werewolf!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
in all sincerity.....it would not bother me at all.....however once he started barking out lyrics about "white" nationalism....i would probably be turned off....i honestly don't care about such things and really have no need for them in my life....i am sure that quite a few of the bands i listen to harbor some kind of racialist ideals....but those ideals do not come out in the music



Tiki Boyd's closed a few years ago



boyd recently released a press letter saying that LaVey actually wanted him to take over the Church of Satan and he declined....but due to what the Church has become (and lets face it has been for some time now) he feels that he must take that position and return it to the glory it once was

wow Nicholas Shreck....have not heard that name in some time ....what a fucking idiot.....uggggh remember radio Werewolf?....

so partially due to this thread and mainly because i've been wanting to....i finally found a copyof and sat through the entire 4 hour long documentary called Iconoclast a very entertaining documentary on Boyd Rice....and it goes into why the whole "nazi" allure surrounded him
__________________
Welcome to my Strange Musiq
TaRkHeM
SIRIUSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.