Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Classical (https://www.musicbanter.com/classical/)
-   -   Is classical music still relevant today? (https://www.musicbanter.com/classical/71368-classical-music-still-relevant-today.html)

Lucem Ferre 11-10-2016 11:46 AM

If Death Grips were irrelevant then I would never have heard of them.

djchameleon 11-10-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1768094)
If Death Grips were irrelevant then I would never have heard of them.

Yeah okay. Did you hear them on a radio station?

Tristan_Geoff 11-10-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1768119)
Yeah okay. Did you hear them on a radio station?

College radio

djchameleon 11-10-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff (Post 1768121)
College radio

College radio I believe. They always play that type of stuff.

Indie/upcoming artists.

Tristan_Geoff 11-10-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1768283)
College radio I believe. They always play that type of stuff.

Indie/upcoming artists.

So does that mean they're relevant or what?

djchameleon 11-10-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff (Post 1768284)
So does that mean they're relevant or what?

No it proves my point of them being big within a niche group of listeners like I said earlier

Tristan_Geoff 11-10-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1768285)
No it proves my point of them being big within a niche group of listeners like I said earlier

Indie/upcoming artists. Hence upcoming. To be upcoming means to have relevance in some sort or other.

Frownland 11-10-2016 09:14 PM

Casual music listeners are a niche group too so top 40 isn't really relevant DJ.

djchameleon 11-10-2016 09:21 PM

Casual listeners are what is considered Today's music listerners though.

Top 40 genres are the mainstays.

Indie stuff will forever stay underground or just bubbling under the charts.

Go look at the Billboard Top 50 if you need help.

Frownland 11-10-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1768296)
Casual listeners are what is considered Today's music listerners though.

Tsk tsk ignoring the internet again I see.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.