The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #1041 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
My point is that with his campaign there were "two" black candidates. So why did more people vote for him and not the other candidate? It was based off of how great of a marketing campaign he had.
And you have yet again re-enforced my point.
You're doing a really great job at making my argument for me. It's like I don't even have to put any effort into this...
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #1042 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
And you have yet again re-enforced my point.
You're doing a really great job at making my argument for me. It's like I don't even have to put any effort into this...
your point doesn't even touch upon the fact the main reason he won. Is because he put forth a better ad campaign with information that led people to vote for him. It's not just boiled down oh he was black.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #1043 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
your point doesn't even touch upon the fact the main reason he won. Is because he put forth a better ad campaign with information that led people to vote for him. It's not just boiled down oh he was black.
So you're going to make that statement and still avoid my original question as to whether you think he would have won if he portrayed himself as white?
Come on, man... stop avoiding the question. If your case is that it was simply a great marketing campaign, you're either acknowledging the fact that he portrayed himself as black to be a good strategy, or you think his skin color had absolutely nothing to do with votes in a predominantly black district.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #1044 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

And if you think it was all about the marketing of ideas, then you also submit that those ideas are more important to those voters than skin color, so if you really think that, then you should be saying YES... they would have voted an obvious white man into office. Since all they care about are his policies he marketed.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1045 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

So which is it, DJ?
Is it the ideas or the skin?
Why is the "two black men running" thing significant? Why does that matter if you think it's relatively insignificant?

Do you realize now that you're making my argument for me?
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #1046 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
So which is it, DJ?
Is it the ideas or the skin?
Why is the "two black men running" thing significant? Why does it matter if you think it's relatively insignificant?

Do you realize now that you're making my argument for me?
It is the ideas that got him in. that's my point. I'm trying to ask you why do you think he got more votes when two black men were running that's the significant part.

If two black people are running their skin color doesn't matter!

Just like you avoiding my question about why you think he won if two black men are running. Duh it's the ideas and the ideas that he lied about like most politicians do to get into office.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #1047 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It is the ideas that got him in. that's my point. I'm trying to ask you why do you think he got more votes when two black men were running that's the significant part.

If two black people are running their skin color doesn't matter!
Then perhaps you completely misunderstood my original post, which I guess I can chalk up to an honest mistake and assume you agree that, had he been clearly portrayed as white, his skin color would have been irrelevant, seeing as how the voters found his advertised policies preferable.
And the fact that you keep saying "two black people" further solidifies the opposite, because you are seemingly acknowledging that, to that black community, skin color only makes a difference when it's not their own.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #1048 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,322
Default

On the point of fire-based life:

There actually are microorganisms that can live in extreme conditions like that. Maybe not the sun itself but there are little critters that live inside volcanoes n ****.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #1049 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Then perhaps you completely misunderstood my original post, which I guess I can chalk up to an honest mistake and assume you agree that, had he been clearly portrayed as white, his skin color would have been irrelevant, seeing as how the voters found his advertised policies preferable.
And the fact that you keep saying "two black people" further solidifies the opposite, because you are seemingly acknowledging that, to that black community, skin color only makes a difference when it's not their own.


Why are you saying that like I speak for the entire black community? The black community isn't a unified entity. They are very separate and divided with differing opinions.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #1050 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It is the ideas that got him in. that's my point. I'm trying to ask you why do you think he got more votes when two black men were running that's the significant part.

If two black people are running their skin color doesn't matter!

Just like you avoiding my question about why you think he won if two black men are running. Duh it's the ideas and the ideas that he lied about like most politicians do to get into office.
I haven't avoided the question because it's irrelevant. We've already established that ignorant voters will vote based on advertisement versus reality. That's not even in debate here, and I'm pretty sure I even alluded to the fact in my original post when I mentioned that the guy had a good point about people not knowing who they were voting for.

Please, let's stick to the issue at hand here, which you seem to be hellbent on distracting away from.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.