Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #10571 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,565
Default

I still don't understand how my democrat mother could have voted for him just because she was on some single issue **** about corporate taxes. I'm getting the distinct feeling that no matter how much I point out about him being human trash as a president that she's going to put on the blinders just so that she doesn't have to admit that she betrayed her principles (she's a ****ing vegetarian animal lover) for the sake of republican nonsense.

Dear god I hope he gets JFK'ed. No matter what it does to the country, the satisfaction would be absolutely priceless and I'd be able to live in a world without him in it.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #10572 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm getting the distinct feeling that no matter how much I point out about him being human trash as a president that she's going to put on the blinders.
Hence his 30% approval rating. My little sister thinks he's responsible for the sun coming out after it rains.

Talk about a Trumpette.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #10573 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Trumpets! ****ing brilliant! Are the female supporters called Trumpettes?
^ Thanks, TH !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I still don't understand how my democrat mother could have voted for him just because she was on some single issue **** about corporate taxes. I'm getting the distinct feeling that no matter how much I point out about him being human trash as a president that she's going to put on the blinders just so that she doesn't have to admit that she betrayed her principles (she's a ****ing vegetarian animal lover) for the sake of republican nonsense.

Dear god I hope he gets JFK'ed. No matter what it does to the country, the satisfaction would be absolutely priceless and I'd be able to live in a world without him in it.
^ Yes, to actually live under his presidency must be really frustrating. I'm hoping the blue wave will materialize, but the Dems seem to be dragging their feet. I expected them to be all over the tighter-gun-control issue, riding on that upsurge of what? 92% of Americans wanting tighter controls. Why weren't they up on their soapboxes saying, "Vote for us and we'll enact more gun laws"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I still don't understand how ...the MB 2016 election poll gave the win to Trump.
^ ftfy
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #10574 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Hence his 30% approval rating. My little sister thinks he's responsible for the sun coming out after it rains.

Talk about a Trumpette.
Yeah I believe he's in discussions with Discovery and Nat Geo to have their "How the Universe Works" programme rejigged to show how it's him that does everything good in the universe. Something about renaming it "How the Trumpiverse works"?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #10575 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Thanks, TH !



^ Yes, to actually live under his presidency must be really frustrating. I'm hoping the blue wave will materialize, but the Dems seem to be dragging their feet. I expected them to be all over the tighter-gun-control issue, riding on that upsurge of what? 92% of Americans wanting tighter controls. Why weren't they up on their soapboxes saying, "Vote for us and we'll enact more gun laws"?


^ ftfy
For me to rediscover a theoretical faith in humanity the American people would have to publicly and obviously recoil in horror at what they've done by electing this man. But the right wing of all walks of life will carry at least as much water as is required to make him sound like a reasonable president, and the swing voters like my mother will carry enough water to make it sound like it was reasonable to have voted for him in the first place. And the liberals will hate him because they have no reason to carry water for him. But on the whole the American people will pretend that this whole episode wasn't an embarrassment to the entire concept that the human race should even be trusted with the right to vote.

Jesus Christ I actually care less about voting now than I did before. Yeah, if people voted more and were more educated this could have been avoided, but if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they jump. All I know is that the human race is willing to vote for Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump. My fellow man is simply not worth my time to care. I just hope the elephants can survive our idiocy.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #10576 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
For me to rediscover a theoretical faith in humanity the American people would have to publicly and obviously recoil in horror at what they've done by electing this man. But the right wing of all walks of life will carry at least as much water as is required to make him sound like a reasonable president, and the swing voters like my mother will carry enough water to make it sound like it was reasonable to have voted for him in the first place. And the liberals will hate him because they have no reason to carry water for him. But on the whole the American people will pretend that this whole episode wasn't an embarrassment to the entire concept that the human race should even be trusted with the right to vote.

Jesus Christ I actually care less about voting now than I did before. Yeah, if people voted more and were more educated this could have been avoided, but if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they jump. All I know is that the human race is willing to vote for Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump. My fellow man is simply not worth my time to care. I just hope the elephants can survive our idiocy.
If you vote you’re acknowledging the legitimacy of the political structure and therefore officially part of the problem. Everything about America is **** and the only moral position is complete rejection.

To go on your free will and with full understanding to vote for another human being to have power over you should be unthinkably humiliating to anyone with even the slightest dignity.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

Album Review Club (please join)

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

A bird has a left wing and a right wing but they’re just for flapping. The bird brain is in the middle.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #10577 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If you vote you’re acknowledging the legitimacy of the political structure and therefore officially part of the problem. Everything about America is **** and the only moral position is complete rejection.

To go on your free will and with full understanding to vote for another human being to have power over you should be unthinkably humiliating to anyone with even the slightest dignity.
Even if I'm not where you're at, the bolded was clearly something to roll my eyes at as it's as unreasonable as a human race willing to live in an anarchist commune. In some ways I think you actually have more faith than I do in humanity, because you seem to support actually a thing, whereas anything I support is just entertaining the thought. I think of politics as simply an amusing possibility. You actually seem to care.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #10578 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,765
Default

Ok, I'm going to get trounced on....

Would the Dems have overturned the ban on elephant trophys?

Would the Dems have de-legitimized our US Intelligence agencies?

Would the Dems have condoned the alt-right?

Would the Dems have repealed the Clean Power Plan?

Would the Dems have actually condoned Police brutality?

Would the Dems have poured gasoline on the middle east?

Would the Dems have held back on Russian sanctions?

I could go on and on....

Hey Frowny, the lesser of two evils, right?
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #10579 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
For me to rediscover a theoretical faith in humanity the American people would have to publicly and obviously recoil in horror at what they've done by electing this man. But the right wing of all walks of life will carry at least as much water as is required to make him sound like a reasonable president, and the swing voters like my mother will carry enough water to make it sound like it was reasonable to have voted for him in the first place. And the liberals will hate him because they have no reason to carry water for him. But on the whole the American people will pretend that this whole episode wasn't an embarrassment to the entire concept that the human race should even be trusted with the right to vote.
^ You sound remarkably like my brother, who always claims that 90% of the human race are stupid b*st*rds, and there's so much depressing evidence that this is true.

Quote:
Jesus Christ I actually care less about voting now than I did before. Yeah, if people voted more and were more educated this could have been avoided, but if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they jump. All I know is that the human race is willing to vote for Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump. My fellow man is simply not worth my time to care. I just hope the elephants can survive our idiocy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If you vote you’re acknowledging the legitimacy of the political structure and therefore officially part of the problem. Everything about America is **** and the only moral position is complete rejection.

At least we are in agreement in our loathing of the Republican party as it is today, because I strongly disagree with this response of not bothering to vote. I know this whole argument has been explored already, but I just don't see the sense in abstaining. Sometimes I think about the progress that has been made in our two countries, the struggle for freedom of worship, and the fight to win the right to vote. At one time both those rights were unthinkable, but we have them today; women can vote, black people can vote. To have that right and then say no thanks seems like a negation of what those people fought for. They fought for the principle of democracy and however gerrymandered it may be today, they fought against greater odds than anything that Trump can throw up; battles were won, in the streets, in the court of public opinion and in the polling booths.


Quote:
To go on your free will and with full understanding to vote for another human being to have power over you should be unthinkably humiliating to anyone with even the slightest dignity.
^ This I would particularly disagree with. When I get on a bus or go to the dentist, I let the bus driver or dentist have power over me without feeling unthinkably humiliated. I can't drive a bus and I can't run the country, so it seems logical to hand that job over to someone else.

EDIT: With Chula all the way! .....except in his spelling of "trophys"
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #10580 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,990
Default

I do agree that the Dems would have made things more comfortable for schmucks.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.