The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #13921 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

This is why I avoid so many nerd forums. You get this ****. Why must nerds be like racist dogs who just were never properly socialized? Oh, I guess cause they were never properly socialized. Because I was properly socialized?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:44 PM   #13922 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

My complaints aren't that extreme. Go out with your friends and let off steam about a member of your family. But if one of your friends goes on a tirade about how awful your family member is, you're going to defend your family member.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #13923 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,007
Default

...someone's getting Bat Scratch Fever...
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #13924 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Like I said, I gave Ford the initial benefit of the doubt, but she didn't come with proof. I also said that I believed the women who claimed to have been sexually assaulted by Bill Clinton, because their stories were more plausible and there was strong evidence in most cases. So, your label of "misogynist" is incorrect.
"But I have a black friend."

Vehemently arguing against rape victims and women in general only 99.99% of the time doesn't reflect well on you. I'm fairly certain that my assessment of your views on women is accurate.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #13925 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
"But I have a black friend."

Vehemently arguing against rape victims and women in general only 99.99% of the time doesn't reflect well on you. I'm fairly certain that my assessment of your views on women is accurate.
I don't argue against rape victims 99.99% of the time. Each case has to be judged on its own merit. And I should care what you think about me because . . . ?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #13926 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
When you claim to get raped, so instead of going to the police, you go to a political party to report it . . .
You are a ****ing piece of ****. Someone has to say it. **** off with your insulting bs. I'm surprised you've not been banned with all your talk on this topic.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #13927 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I don't argue against rape victims 99.99% of the time. Each case has to be judged on its own merit.
When each case comes out with virtually the same outcome, then you have to wonder if merit's merits merit merit. And I don't think that they do.

Quote:
And I should care what you think about me because . . . ?
Nothing's saying that you should care, but that doesn't mean that what anyone is saying here is invalid.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #13928 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I don't argue against rape victims 99.99% of the time. Each case has to be judged on its own merit. And I should care what you think about me because . . . ?
Yeah you do. You relish the chance to defend your in-group against those sluts who ruined your life and took your kid from you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #13929 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Is this really how we want to handle this discussion?

Chula: This rape victim is going to help my team!
[merit]: She wasn't raped, quit white knighting!
Frownland: You hate women!
Batlord: He hates all the women in his life!
Kiiii: You're a piece of ****!
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #13930 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Ja, let's reign it in.

Personally I believe her, but I think that the revelation of her letter was heavily politicized and a dirty move. I doubt that he furthered that behaviour but it no less remains a part of his past.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.