The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2018, 05:03 PM   #14131 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Numero tres. Though I thought the second one with the truth or dare **** was whack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Information suppression is a game both parties play. What I'm interested in is what so damaging to Ford's story that her social media had to be scrubbed and her yearbooks wiped off the internet?
Probably a photo of her once with a margarita. It means nothing in either direction in regards to the story as it's PR 101.

Quote:
There are some problems with Swetnick's story as well, but I'd like to see an investigation there too because I don't think we have all the facts.
You see problems with Kavanaugh's story?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #14132 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You see problems with Kavanaugh's story?
I don't see "as" many issues with his story compared to Ford's. He's had his background looked into on multiple occasions. Common sense would dictate that he wouldn't have ever gotten this far if the FBI had gotten even a whiff of this stuff before since he was a fairly high profile figure even during the Bush years.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:00 PM   #14133 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,775
Default

https://www.brettkavanaugh.beer/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:06 PM   #14134 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I hate the senate rule that says if there's a tie the VP gets to break the deadlock.
What would you like to be done differently?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:59 PM   #14135 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
What would you like to be done differently?
Rhode Island only gets one senator. Then the vote could never be a tie.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #14136 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I don't see "as" many issues with his story compared to Ford's. He's had his background looked into on multiple occasions. Common sense would dictate that he wouldn't have ever gotten this far if the FBI had gotten even a whiff of this stuff before since he was a fairly high profile figure even during the Bush years.
Problem is that Ford came forward and now those "girls" from his past are calling his BS that he testified to yesterday about his HS, and college party days. In the last day two women who knew him well back then went on TV (both from elite prep schools and both not needing the maelstrom) to say he was a very sloppy drunk who puked and passed out often. They are both willing to be interviewed by the FBI as part of the re-opened investigation.

BK, under oath, in front of the senate judiciary committee, stated he always maintained control while drinking his beloved "beers". Both women said this tipped the scales for them saying someone who could lie under oath about drinking, couldn't be trusted about lying about far more important things, and didn't deserve a seat on the highest court in the land.

FBI is going to gather as much of this as possible and then confront his good buddy Mike with the sworn testimony.

Judge's plea deal is coming folks. Full immunity if he's willing to spill the beans about the Ford episode.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:24 PM   #14137 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Problem is that Ford came forward and now those "girls" from his past are calling his BS that he testified to yesterday about his HS, and college party days. In the last day two women who knew him well back then went on TV (both from elite prep schools and both not needing the maelstrom) to say he was a very sloppy drunk who puked and passed out often. They are both willing to be interviewed by the FBI as part of the re-opened investigation.

BK, under oath, in front of the senate judiciary committee, stated he always maintained control while drinking his beloved "beers". Both women said this tipped the scales for them saying someone who could lie under oath about drinking, couldn't be trusted about lying about far more important things, and didn't deserve a seat on the highest court in the land.

FBI is going to gather as much of this as possible and then confront his good buddy Mike with the sworn testimony.

Judge's plea deal is coming folks. Full immunity if he's willing to spill the beans about the Ford episode.
Guess we'll just have to see what happens. I still don't get how someone can be investigated by the FBI multiple times (considering how many people they talk to) and literally nothing about any of this popped up anywhere. Think about his time with Ken Starr and that whole circus. Someone bringing this stuff up would have made a major uproar considering the case they were making against Clinton at the time.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:38 PM   #14138 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
People who use "virtue signaling" unironically are morons.
1 I'm fairly liberal for your stupid ass accusations on liberals never using it.

2 It perfectly applies to people who pretend to give a **** or have a moral code for social purposes. Doesn't mean what they said is wrong, just that they as a person are fake. And you know damn well people do this.

Edit: I guess that wouldn't be virtue signaling since signaling a virtue doesn't necessarily mean you are a fraud.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 09-28-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:48 PM   #14139 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I prefer "Slacktivism"
I like that.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:53 PM   #14140 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
If this is what gets people rolling in the aisles these days then just knock my block clean off.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.