Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #16421 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Yeah, you'd think Mexico would have jumped at the chance to offer them something before they traveled thousands of miles all the way to our southern border.
Why would I think that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:17 AM   #16422 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Why would I think that?
Because this particular incident that all the usual faux-outragers here on MB are up in arms about is not unique to this administration. And in this particular situation, there were multiple opportunities from other parties to do something to help the women and children long before they decided to pour into the point of entry that is not equipped to take several thousand people all at once.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...v25-story.html

Asylum laws need to be reformed so that people will go to the points of entry that are actually capable of processing them and their families. There is never going to be a time where a U.S. administration isn't going to physically deter people from crossing at any other given place along the border.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 11-27-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #16423 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,975
Default

Therefore they deserve to be gassed.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #16424 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,975
Default

The mayor of Tijuana is a piece of **** too btw.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #16425 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Because this particular incident that all the usual faux-outragers here on MB are up in arms about is not unique to this administration. And in this particular situation, there were multiple opportunities from other parties to do something to help the women and children long before they decided to pour into the point of entry that is not equipped to take several thousand people all at once.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...v25-story.html

Asylum laws need to be reformed so that people will go to the points of entry that are actually capable of processing them and their families. There is never going to be a time where a U.S. administration isn't going to physically deter people from crossing at any other given place along the border.
So refugees have it easy. Therefore Mexico should jump at the chance to offer them something. And I should think so because something something something people threw rocks. Sounds totally logical.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #16426 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So refugees have it easy. Therefore Mexico should jump at the chance to offer them something. And I should think so because something something something people threw rocks. Sounds totally logical.
The asylum laws ARE easy. That doesn't mean being a refugee is. All it means is that if you wanted to say you were one, you'd be able to make use of them because the criteria allows you to do so. Which is why they need to change or become more structured so that there's more accountability (both for the government and for people coming in while others are still waiting 5+ years in line).

If they didn't need to change, you wouldn't have multiple U.S. administrations using tear gas all across the border to deter people who may or may not actually be claiming asylum. Trump is continuing something that has existed long before either of us were around.

What the U.S. needs is much better procedures in place to deal with and process asylum seekers. But if hundreds of people are all pushing and trying to force themselves in, chaos is the only result you are going to get.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 11-27-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #16427 (permalink)
Only Hip Hop Whitey
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 10,402
Default

but the asylum laws are not a problem as they are

the issue is arising because the president ordered an inhumane and illegal treatment of refugees

additionally under his administration refugee acceptance has been almost halved which should weigh pretty heavy on our conscience, but that's a different issue
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Should I
Throw things at the neighbors
Expose myself to strangers?
Kill myself or... you?
Now memory gets hazy
I think I must be crazy
But my string snapped
I had a relapse...
A suburban relapse
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #16428 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
The asylum laws ARE easy. That doesn't mean being a refugee is. All it means is that if you wanted to say you were one, you'd be able to make use of them because the criteria allows you to do so. Which is why they need to change or become more structured so that there's more accountability (both for the government and for people coming in while others are still waiting 5+ years in line).

If they didn't need to change, you wouldn't have multiple U.S. administrations using tear gas all across the border to deter people who may or may not actually be claiming asylum. Trump is continuing something that has existed long before either of us were around.

What the U.S. needs is much better procedures in place to deal with and process asylum seekers. But if hundreds of people are all pushing and trying to force themselves in, chaos is the only result you are going to get.
Link to National Review thinkpiece incoming.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #16429 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Link to National Review thinkpiece incoming.
Who was president in 2013? There were women and children here. Where were the cameras and outrage?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...v25-story.html

In all seriousness, let's establish some consistent standards. Because whoever is gonna be sitting in the Oval Office after Trump is likely going to continue to use tear gas.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 11-27-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #16430 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 13,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Who was president in 2013? There were women and children here. Where were the cameras and outrage?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...v25-story.html
You canít accuse me of lacking for hate for Obama. Heís a war criminal right wing militaristic nationalistic thug who deserves to be killed. Iíve been clear that I ****ing hate him so donít go there with me. (Please)
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

Album Review Club (please join)

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

A bird has a left wing and a right wing but theyíre just for flapping. The bird brain is in the middle.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.