Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #1931 (permalink)
Music Guru
 
John Wilkes Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
You know why the white racist media leaked that tape? They leaked it to paint a picture of Michael Brown that you seem to have already fallen for.

That camera video was proven to be a fluke and had no connection with the police officer. The police did not know he stole two cigars. Those were two SEPERATE incidents. The cop did not know Michael was connected to that.

Even if he did, does that mean the kid deserved to die?
i actually agree with you here. i remember hearing the kid robbed some store thinking he went in with a gun or something an held it up. when i heard it was that he actually stole some cigars i was like wtf does that have to do with anything. really misleading to even bring it up and especially to call it a robbery.

but i do think in general you seem to see everything through a racial lens so you kind of blow these things out of proportion. i'm not saying racism isn't an issue with the police and i know for a fact i've had police say racist things to me feeling safe to do so cause i was white so they figured i'd agree with them. so i'm usually thankful i'm white whenever i get pulled over or stopped. but i think what makes so many people here irritated with you is that you sensationalize it so much and they probably mostly come from suburban areas and haven't seen much of what you're talking about anyway. and also you jump to some outlandish conclusions like the criminal remark frownland is face-palming at above.
__________________
Sic semper tyrannis
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #1932 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
*Facepalm*

You can't be serious. Reading comprehension, give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I was saying that while the government hasn't improved on the situation there still is some improvement, not that the government shouldn't consider it an issue.

And stats on your millions have died statistic? Were they all unjustified? I think a lot of people forget that police are dealing with criminals.

I think you need to clarify your point if you don't want to be labeled insensitive which this post is.

What exactly is the point of this post since you think you are above clarifying your point?
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #1933 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
George Zimmerman got out the car VIOLATING what the police told him NOT to do. The police told him to wait for them and stay in the car. He got out the car and followed Trayvon and instigated an altercation with him.

That is NOT self defense.
I appreciate your passion but you need to read up on the facts of the case. The 911 dispatcher told Zimmerman he didn't need to get out of the car. He was not obligated to stay in his car based on that. That was clearly pointed out at the trial.

At some point Martin struck Zim in the face and then bashed his head on the ground. That was clearly pointed out at the trial based on the police photos of Zim.

Do I wish that Zim was in jail right now? Yup. I hate the fact he walked.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #1934 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

I am shaking... I dont wanna cry, they are about to release the verdict
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #1935 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

Cries I hate this world.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #1936 (permalink)
Music Guru
 
John Wilkes Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I appreciate your passion but you need to read up on the facts of the case. The 911 dispatcher told Zimmerman he didn't need to get out of the car. He was not obligated to stay in his car based on that. That was clearly pointed out at the trial.

At some point Martin struck Zim in the face and then bashed his head on the ground. That was clearly pointed out at the trial based on the police photos of Zim.

Do I wish that Zim was in jail right now? Yup. I hate the fact he walked.
i think both trayvon and zimmerman did exactly what they weren't supposed to do and it ****ed them both but trayvon got the worst of it. zimmerman should have minded his business. i hate people who get guns and then think they are the new sheriff in town. you don't stalk someone you think is a threat. call the police if you're going to do anything. as for trayvon, you don't turn around and attack your stalker. try your best to avoid a confrontation and **** like that is less likely to happen.
__________________
Sic semper tyrannis
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #1937 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Trayvon's killer had to be set free because of how the Florida law is written. That whole thing pissed me off to no end but you have to lay the blame with how f*cked up the law is written.
I disagree. Martin's killer was not arrested because it occurred in redneck s-hithole of a state. We have the exact same SYG law in Michigan and if you shoot an unarmed person and can't prove it was self-defense, you are going to be arrested and probably convicted. Just ask that Wafer fella how that SYG law is working out for him.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #1938 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i think both trayvon and zimmerman did exactly what they weren't supposed to do and it ****ed them both but trayvon got the worst of it. zimmerman should have minded his business. i hate people who get guns and then think they are the new sheriff in town. you don't stalk someone you think is a threat. call the police if you're going to do anything. as for trayvon, you don't turn around and attack your stalker. try your best to avoid a confrontation and **** like that is less likely to happen.


Great post...my heart is heavy.

God bless the Michael Brown family.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #1939 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i think both trayvon and zimmerman did exactly what they weren't supposed to do and it ****ed them both but trayvon got the worst of it. zimmerman should have minded his business. i hate people who get guns and then think they are the new sheriff in town. you don't stalk someone you think is a threat. call the police if you're going to do anything. as for trayvon, you don't turn around and attack your stalker. try your best to avoid a confrontation and **** like that is less likely to happen.
Martin wasn't given a choice. His gf testified that Martin said, "Why are following me?" then the phone cut off. I think Zimmerman slapped the phone out of Martin's hand to provoke a fight he knew he was going to win. He and Martin scuffled and then Zimmerman pulled a gun. Martin screamed for help but it was too late for him. His fate was sealed the instant Zimmerman laid eyes on him. It wasn't just a homicide, it was first degree murder.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #1940 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
Nonsense! You won't be able to post a single reliable statistic to back that absurd statement up.

The fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of black males murdered in the USA each year are murdered by other black males. And there are reliable statistics to prove it.


Get educated.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.