Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #4901 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
ahahah wtf I thought I was in the fake news thread for a second
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #4902 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Bristol cops use Taser on their race relations adviser - NY Daily News

I guess he isn't doing such a good job at race relations.

In the US he would have died most likely.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:46 AM   #4903 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
innerspaceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Organized Mind
Posts: 1,727
Default

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GARBAGE?!



Ultra-portable "intelligent" turntable named "LOVE" lets you control record playback from your smartphone.

And it's all downhill from there. Watch their official demo video and try not to stab your monitor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You are quite simply one of the most unique individuals I've ever met in my 680+ months living on this orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
I wish I had enough room to sig this entire post. You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings Guide | Top Archives | Hot 100 Album Gallery |Favorite LPs on Discogs | Top 550 Artists Video

innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:00 AM   #4904 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Wow finally something that would actually make me get into buying records. I love that.

Technology is a wonderful thing. The only drawback is I'm not sure I want to get into collecting records and have them taking up valuable space.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:24 AM   #4905 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
innerspaceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Organized Mind
Posts: 1,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Wow finally something that would actually make me get into buying records. I love that.

Technology is a wonderful thing. The only drawback is I'm not sure I want to get into collecting records and have them taking up valuable space.
Okay - Right at the outset - horrible site design, both in the mobile and desktop experience. The fullscreen icon is non-functional, so you literally have to watch the product demo as a thumbnail video. The "close" button is at TOP CENTER... so you have to hunt for it to shut the damn thing up. And the default size of the pop-up video doesn't match the object frame, so you're stuck with a vertical scrollbar trying to see the whole clip. What better way to introduce a new product to the buying public?

Then on to the product - from what we can see on the official site, the device uses a tiny proprietary stylus which looks about on-par with the 89t 911 needle found in Fisher Price record players from '81. No anti-skate, no adjustable tracking force... and the entire unit is a giant glossy jellybean of a headshell sandwiching your record between it and a thin plastic disc for a base. Vibration transfer is going to be an absolute nightmare, and the needle will likely destroy any record it touches.

Crosley - you may have met your match.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You are quite simply one of the most unique individuals I've ever met in my 680+ months living on this orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
I wish I had enough room to sig this entire post. You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings Guide | Top Archives | Hot 100 Album Gallery |Favorite LPs on Discogs | Top 550 Artists Video

innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:54 AM   #4906 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,170
Default

Can you make journal where you just crap on modern tech? I genuinely think it would be amazing. Start with those little robot vacuums, smart grills, and smart refrigerators + their associated apps.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #4907 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,555
Default

I'd like to know how modern condoms compare to antique prophylactics.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:53 AM   #4908 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
innerspaceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Organized Mind
Posts: 1,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'd like to know how modern condoms compare to antique prophylactics.
*Shrug* Put on a 1000 year old sheep's skin and let me know how it works out.

Of course, you'll have to find a willing participant. For science.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You are quite simply one of the most unique individuals I've ever met in my 680+ months living on this orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
I wish I had enough room to sig this entire post. You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings Guide | Top Archives | Hot 100 Album Gallery |Favorite LPs on Discogs | Top 550 Artists Video

innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:55 AM   #4909 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
innerspaceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Organized Mind
Posts: 1,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Can you make journal where you just crap on modern tech? I genuinely think it would be amazing. Start with those little robot vacuums, smart grills, and smart refrigerators + their associated apps.
I would seriously entertain this idea. It would be called, "Innerspaceboy Yells At Cloud."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You are quite simply one of the most unique individuals I've ever met in my 680+ months living on this orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
I wish I had enough room to sig this entire post. You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings Guide | Top Archives | Hot 100 Album Gallery |Favorite LPs on Discogs | Top 550 Artists Video

innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #4910 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GARBAGE?!



Ultra-portable "intelligent" turntable named "LOVE" lets you control record playback from your smartphone.

And it's all downhill from there. Watch their official demo video and try not to stab your monitor.
I can't get the video to play on my smartphone ironically but does this this have a needle and spinner or does it just read the grooves and digitize them?
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.