Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #91 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
Hatred comes from fear. Fear creates irrational thinking.
This sounds like a line from Donnie Darko. Hatred DOES NOT come from fear. I hate brussel sprouts but I am in no way AFRAID of them. I hate having to use condoms, but I'm not AFRAID of using condoms. See a pattern emerging?

Quote:
Why hate a group of people?
Maybe they are not your type and you are not their type.
Why not? If you have a legitimate reason then there is no problem with that IMHO.

Example: If you discriminate against a black person b/c he is black then you are a closed-minded racist. If you discriminate against a black person b/c he is an obnoxious a**hole then you have done nothing wrong. If the majority of them that you have ever met have acted that way then it only behooves you to assume that the rest will as well.

Quote:
Lets face it, racist people don't live this way, they are proactive in discrimination which leads to problems for others and a snowball effect.
How is it a snowball effect? Do you even realize what that metaphor means?

Quote:
I don't care much for wrestling for example as I feel it is a simpleton pursuit but then on the other hand I wouldn't hold that against anyone as we are all entitled to be what we are.
That's very nice of you, but you COULD. That's the joy of free thought. If you want to hate me b/c we have different interests then you are fully within your right to do so.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #92 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
I don't get you.
Explain yourself.
You say not to generalize entire groups while you yourself generalized all racists as being cowards.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #93 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Posts: 466
Default

Their actions are that of cowards and their racism comes from fear from a past, they may have forgot the seeding event.

I don't care what people think but their actions are what I dislike.
I am glad oojay says he is in his right mind to consider all black people asholes if that is what he sees.
Now why would someone say that?

I wonder.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #94 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
You say not to generalize entire groups while you yourself generalized all racists as being cowards.
Their actions are those of cowards as they dislike a whole group full stop. I said all racists, meaning all who decide to hate a whole group.... a group of diverse people with diverese lives. They hold the common hatred of a whole group but the whole group they despise are diverse unlike them.

What distinguishes one racist from another?
Is it the same as what disgtinguishes a whole race of people?

Lets face it racist people are negative people.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #95 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
I don't care what people think but their actions are what I dislike.
I am glad oojay says he is in his right mind to consider all black people asholes if that is what he sees.
Now why would someone say that?

I wonder.
Stop twisting his words...he didn't say that.
Read it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Why not? If you have a legitimate reason then there is no problem with that IMHO.

Example: If you discriminate against a black person b/c he is black then you are a closed-minded racist. If you discriminate against a black person b/c he is an obnoxious a**hole then you have done nothing wrong. If the majority of them that you have ever met have acted that way then it only behooves you to assume that the rest will as well.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #96 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
Their actions are those of cowards as they dislike a whole group full stop.
Just like you dislike the whole group of racists.

Quote:
Lets face it racist people are negative people.
Says the person making negative comments about racists.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #97 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Posts: 466
Default

Who is first to hate?
Me or the racist?
I don't hate them anyway I pity them. They are probably borderline ashbergers and lack humour.
Any racist I have known in the media or sport tends to be a bit simple in the main.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #98 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Stop twisting his words...he didn't say that.
Read it again...
So you assume if the people you meet are *******s all the rest you meet will be too?
come on for ****s sake?

So if I have met 5 people from cananda who are deaf I can safely assume all people from Canada are deaf?

Like Oojay meets a rounded mixed group of people to judge from.

I can't believe you are defending these views.
Serious man.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #99 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

There's a difference.
What oojay is saying isn't racist.
He clearly differentiates between discriminating against people solely because of the colour of their skin and disliking them due to recurring personal traits.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

A bit like you really;

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
I don't hate them anyway I pity them. They are probably borderline ashbergers and lack humour.
Any racist I have known in the media or sport tends to be a bit simple in the main.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
So you assume if the people you meet are *******s all the rest you meet will be too?
come on for ****s sake?...
...Like Oojay meets a rounded mixed group of people to judge from.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.