Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #111 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrenza View Post
that takes care of the keating 5
It's not a non-issue, the fact he was criticized for having poor judgment in a situation like that and was that closely associated with it IS a cause for worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrenza View Post
and that takes care of troopergate
Have you actually read anything on Troopergate? Sarah Palin is STILL undergoing investigation for abuse of power. Oh and I like how you won't believe Obama's word in regard to his "scandal (if you could call it that)" but you accept what Palin says at face value despite (real) evidence saying otherwise. Talk about a double-standard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:19 AM   #112 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: high above the Republic of Texas
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
haha, aww, that's cute. You have experience living in a foreign country. Well if we're playing that game, I'll play too. I grew up in Saudi Arabia. I lived and worked in Cambodia. I've travelled all over South East Asia, throughout a lot of the middle east, all over europe and in the south pacific. In a few months I will be going to Africa to intern with a journalist who works all over west africa. After graduation I will most likely move to Africa for a while. Now that that's over with, lets get on to the real issues.
then you understand what it's like in a religious school?
with foreigners who don't speak english?

he was one of them, jibber, not one of us

Quote:
Again, please explain to me any SPECIFIC problems you have with Obama.
and
again
i'd like to know who this dude really is

if that's not asking too much of a presidential candidate
Fyrenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #113 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: high above the Republic of Texas
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
It's not a non-issue, the fact he was criticized for having poor judgment in a situation like that and was that closely associated with it IS a cause for worry.



Have you actually read anything on Troopergate? Sarah Palin is STILL undergoing investigation for abuse of power. Oh and I like how you won't believe Obama's word in regard to his "scandal (if you could call it that)" but you accept what Palin says at face value despite (real) evidence saying otherwise. Talk about a double-standard.
do you not understand that it's a non-issue because the verdict won't come in until after the election?

well
let's see
he was criticized
and he never did anything remotely like that again

yeah
that's something i think we should hold against him
it's a pattern

Last edited by Fyrenza; 10-10-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Fyrenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:26 AM   #114 (permalink)
Freeskier
 
jibber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Posts: 1,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrenza View Post
then you understand what it's like in a religious school?
with foreigners who don't speak english?

he was one of them, jibber, not one of us



and
again
i'd like to know who this dude really is

if that's not asking too much of a presidential candidate
excuse me. "one of them?" foreigners who dont speak english...hate to break it to you, but if you're in a foreign country, YOU'RE THE FOREIGNER. They shouldn't have to speak english since it's not their country's language. I know what it's like to be integrated into another culture and learn about how others lived their lives. I know what it's like to actually learn the language of the country I'm in because I respect the local people enough to converse with them in their native tongue. I don't know what it's like to live in a foreign country with an "us vs. them" attitude. Reason being, I'm an educated person. And having said that, I'm done with this thread until a slightly intelligent person can come up with some good arguments. I'm not going to discuss this any further with an uneducated, bigoted person who's only arguments are refuted rumours and alarmist claims.
__________________
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways


Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:26 AM   #115 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Yeah fuck this, jibber's right. You should start looking at policies instead of rumors and go read books and newspapers. It'll help you more than right-wing blogs I can tell you that much.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music

Last edited by sleepy jack; 10-10-2008 at 01:28 AM. Reason: .
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #116 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: high above the Republic of Texas
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
excuse me. "one of them?" foreigners who dont speak english...hate to break it to you, but if you're in a foreign country, YOU'RE THE FOREIGNER. They shouldn't have to speak english since it's not their country's language. I know what it's like to be integrated into another culture and learn about how others lived their lives. I know what it's like to actually learn the language of the country I'm in because I respect the local people enough to converse with them in their native tongue. I don't know what it's like to live in a foreign country with an "us vs. them" attitude. Reason being, I'm an educated person. And having said that, I'm done with this thread until a slightly intelligent person can come up with some good arguments. I'm not going to discuss this any further with an uneducated, bigoted person who's only arguments are refuted rumours and alarmist claims.
it most assuredly wasn't an us vs them situation

we were different
i thought you might have some insight into that
-- from the inside looking out

did you go to a religious school?
Fyrenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #117 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: high above the Republic of Texas
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
excuse me. "one of them?" foreigners who dont speak english...hate to break it to you, but if you're in a foreign country, YOU'RE THE FOREIGNER. They shouldn't have to speak english since it's not their country's language. I know what it's like to be integrated into another culture and learn about how others lived their lives. I know what it's like to actually learn the language of the country I'm in because I respect the local people enough to converse with them in their native tongue. I don't know what it's like to live in a foreign country with an "us vs. them" attitude. Reason being, I'm an educated person. And having said that, I'm done with this thread until a slightly intelligent person can come up with some good arguments. I'm not going to discuss this any further with an uneducated, bigoted person who's only arguments are refuted rumours and alarmist claims.
am i to take it that you don't have any good selling points for this wonderful human being?

thought not

when you can jump
you're right there

when you need to put up or shut up

oops

you're done with this thread

what a shock

good night
Fyrenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #118 (permalink)
Freeskier
 
jibber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Posts: 1,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrenza View Post
it most assuredly wasn't an us vs them situation

we were different
i thought you might have some insight into that
-- from the inside looking out

did you go to a religious school?
one last reply:

no I did not go to a "religious school." I grew up in Saudi Arabia, had Saudi friends, went to their houses, went to school with them, played with them. I knew people who went to "religious schools." they were devout muslims, and some of the kindest, gentlest, and most compassionate people I've ever met. I did see that we were "different." I saw that we in the west have way more freedom and prosperity than most Saudis could ever dream of. I saw that our government wasn't nearly as corrupt as theirs. I saw that aside from this, the vast majority were just like me.

In cambodia I saw that they were different as well. I was embarrassed that everyone I worked with spoke english as well as their native khmer. I was embarrassed that a street kid in phnom penh spoke fluent english having never been to a school in his life before and that It took me a week just to get a handle on khmer numbers and simple phrases. I saw that in spite of having a horribly corrupt government, living in incredible poverty, most of them were better than "us."

I'm not sure what you meant by "them" being "different." But I can say with confidence it is certainly not what I saw. The simple fact that you lived in a foreign country, call the locals foreigners, and point out that they didn't speak english speaks volumes as to the type of views you have. Your views on the subject most likely could not be further than mine.
__________________
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways


Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #119 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: high above the Republic of Texas
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
one last reply:

no I did not go to a "religious school." I grew up in Saudi Arabia, had Saudi friends, went to their houses, went to school with them, played with them. I knew people who went to "religious schools." they were devout muslims, and some of the kindest, gentlest, and most compassionate people I've ever met. I did see that we were "different." I saw that we in the west have way more freedom and prosperity than most Saudis could ever dream of. I saw that our government wasn't nearly as corrupt as theirs. I saw that aside from this, the vast majority were just like me.

In cambodia I saw that they were different as well. I was embarrassed that everyone I worked with spoke english as well as their native khmer. I was embarrassed that a street kid in phnom penh spoke fluent english having never been to a school in his life before and that It took me a week just to get a handle on khmer numbers and simple phrases. I saw that in spite of having a horribly corrupt government, living in incredible poverty, most of them were better than "us."

I'm not sure what you meant by "them" being "different." But I can say with confidence it is certainly not what I saw. The simple fact that you lived in a foreign country, call the locals foreigners, and point out that they didn't speak english speaks volumes as to the type of views you have. Your views on the subject most likely could not be further than mine.
how are you turning this:

'and living around the children who weren't foreigners' **

** which means i was the foreigner

into

'The simple fact that you lived in a foreign country, call the locals foreigners, and point out that they didn't speak english speaks volumes as to the type of views you have.'

i don't get

i mentioned the english because there were a lot of schools specifically for english speaking people

i was trying to point out that immersion is totally different than just 'being there'

and believe it or not
i really don't give a shit what you think about my views
Fyrenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:59 AM   #120 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: high above the Republic of Texas
Posts: 216
Arrow

and i don't hold grudges

life is way too short
Fyrenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.