Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #151 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Close. There is no absolute moral compass, but what should be legally permissable in my opinion is that which doesn't cause harm, and that which is consented to. Stealing my wallet causes fiscal harm to me, therefore should not be permissable.
yes, but what if i steal your wallet which prevents you from buying a condom which, because of your common sense, prevents you from ****ing a bitch who has AIDS, thus preventing you from contracting AIDS.


pataphysics ftw, and you're welcome.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #152 (permalink)
Groupie
 
kaleidoscope..'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
So what your saying is you don't have any notion of right or wrong at all , you just need to be told them and then you'll blindly follow.
Did I say that at all? No.

Anyway... Janzsoon seems to be the only one here who can put up a decent argument against what I'm saying..id like to keep talking to janzsoon but oh well..
kaleidoscope.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #153 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

You compare two people getting married to theft and i'm the one not putting up a good argument?

__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #154 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidoscope.. View Post
Did I say that at all? No.

Anyway... Janzsoon seems to be the only one here who can put up a decent argument against what I'm saying..id like to keep talking to janzsoon but oh well..
You are the only one that's NOT making a decent argument. Stealing is obviously wrong, even your moral compass should tell you that.

And honestly, how is two guys getting married any harm to you? I'm not talking about society or the sanctity of marriage, I'm talking about you personally. I want to hear your argument for that.
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #155 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidoscope.. View Post
Anyway... Janzsoon seems to be the only one here who can put up a decent argument against what I'm saying..id like to keep talking to janzsoon but oh well..
Well, I'm still here if you want to keep talking to me. You didn't reply to the last post I directed your way (second post from the top on page 15).
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #156 (permalink)
Groupie
 
kaleidoscope..'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
You compare two people getting married to theft and i'm the one not putting up a good argument?

I never compared those two things... i think that there were two kind of topics there..with the *** marrige thing and as i said in my first post in this thread i dont have a huge problem with it... then i went on to talk about truth and relativity etc.

Of course stealing is wrong i never said it wasnt. I was using it as an example...

When was a something being right or wrong a matter of weather it harms someone or not?

Janzsoon i will reply...Just a bit busy at work
kaleidoscope.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #157 (permalink)
What a guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 2,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidoscope.. View Post
When was a something being right or wrong a matter of weather it harms someone or not?
It's always been that way... for instance:

If there was only one organism (let's say a human) that ever lived, and he was all alone, that human could do no good or bad in his life. Because doing positive or negative things requires interaction.
__________________
last.fm
khfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #158 (permalink)
Back to mono
 
WaspStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidoscope.. View Post
When was a something being right or wrong a matter of weather it harms someone or not?
The amount of harm an act causes other people might not matter as far as your own personal morality goes, but as far as the law goes, I see no reason to enact and enforce laws based on some arbitrary "moral" code, particularly when that moral code is rife with discrimination against people based on their sexual preferences.
__________________
"This sure doesn't look like 'Crazy Ernie's Amazing Emporium of Total Bargain Madness!'"
WaspStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #159 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidoscope.. View Post
Did I say that at all? No.

Anyway... Janzsoon seems to be the only one here who can put up a decent argument against what I'm saying..id like to keep talking to janzsoon but oh well..
Hey Wendycal, why don't you fuck off and die?
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #160 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,893
Default

Here's a bit of good news I just came across.

(CNN) -- A Florida circuit judge declared unconstitutional Tuesday a 31-year-old state law that prevents ***s and lesbians from adopting children, saying "the blanket exclusion" of *** applicants "defeated Florida's goal of providing dependent children a permanent family."
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.