Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #221 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

That There says it all:

"The motivation behind this mean-spirited and heart-breaking action should not be allowed to be buried in legal brief," he said. "If Proposition 8's sponsors plan to destroy lives, they should at least have the courage to admit it publicly."
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #222 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

The government needs to reexamine how separate the church is from the state. If an organization wants to donate millions of dollars to a political cause and intervene in state affairs, they should be forced to pay taxes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #223 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
The government needs to reexamine how separated the church is from the state.
That's sort of a myth; but that's not the point of this discussion; it's just about having common sense and decency and seeing this is mean spirited behavior that benefits no one and hurts many.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:46 PM   #224 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
That's sort of a myth; but that's not the point of this discussion; it's just about having common sense and decency and seeing this is mean spirited behavior that benefits no one an hurts many.
Oh but it benefits the "Save Marriage" jackasses because they'll be able to sleep well at night knowing that they saved some abstract concept of marriage by helping to destroy thousands of real, existing marriages.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #225 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I can at least dream can't I? Anyway my bigger problem here is the government getting too involved in social issues. Marriage should not be up to the federal government, nor should it be up to the state. The government should recognize all forms of civil unions as civil unions for tax breaks, benefit purposes, etc. but that is where their authority should end. What people call it should be up to them, that way the religious right can live in its world blissfully unaware of the modern world they lie in and everyone can have equal civil rights.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #226 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I can at least dream can't I? Anyway my bigger problem here is the government getting too involved in social issues. Marriage should not be up to the federal government, nor should it be up to the state. The government should recognize all forms of civil unions as civil unions for tax breaks, benefit purposes, etc. but that is where their authority should end. What people call it should be up to them, that way the religious right can live in its world blissfully unaware of the modern world they lie in and everyone can have equal civil rights.
Yep

No problem if a church doesn't want to recognize *** marriage; the priests are more into one night kneels err stands anyway.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:54 PM   #227 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Yep

No problem if a church doesn't want to recognize *** marriage; the priests are more into one night kneels err stands anyway.
That's what makes me want to bang my head against the wall with this stuff. No one's saying churches have to marry same-sex couples if they don't want to so I really don't see why these people have such an issue with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #228 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Because they need to protect "traditional" marriage even though their idea of marrying for (heterosexual) love is very far from traditional.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #229 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Because they need to protect "traditional" marriage even though their idea of marrying for (heterosexual) love is very far from traditional.
When it's of religious motivation it's because they are lairs and they don't know for sure, they have doubt, so they need everyone else to believe what they believe. It's cowardly and it's dishonest.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #230 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I just don't understand social conservatives; they go on about "values" and "traditions" and restoring America to a more "righteous" and "better" time but that time never actually existed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.