Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Was there a Lunar Landing?
yes 37 80.43%
no 6 13.04%
insufficient evidence 7 15.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 AM   #71 (permalink)
Seemingly Silenced
 
crash_override's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Maybe in 2012 there will be a black hole created in the earth due to the massive amounts of socks that were deposited into some curled up dimension... and the sheer mass of socks create their own gravitational pull, sucking everything and everyone into oblivion?


Give it two weeks.
Someone's gonna start believing that.
I can have this on History channel and Rush Limabugh by the end of the week.
__________________
My MB music journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:54 AM   #72 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
I can have this on History channel and Rush Limabugh by the end of the week.
Make a fake news story and send it to Darkest Hour so he can freak out and make a thread about it.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 AM   #73 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Hey Darkest Hour, just out of curiosity, I gotta ask.

Is there any completely idiotic conspiracy theory you DON'T believe in?
i only believe in the 9/11 and north american union theories.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #74 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

I won't knock you for being curious, Darkest Hour, but the reason people get on your case about this stuff is because you bring out a conspiracy or video without really thinking it through and having a personal stance on it.
So we think it through for ya, and sometimes it might not be the nicest explanation.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #75 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalow View Post
You realize this is just as retarded as flat out denying we landed on the moon, don't you? Do you take this same approach to all other historical events? Are you unwilling to say either way if the Civil War occurred? How about the stock market crash? Did Hitler really invade Poland?
Hey, at least I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, you know. By pleading the 5th, I'm more like a referee or a talk show host. I'm not try to expunge my point of veiw on anyone. Those things you mention go beyond the scope of the Lunar Landing topic, but since this topic peaked you curiousity about my historical perspective all I have to say is no I am not a history revisionist. I believe anything that is printed.

You raised a tough question to answers, but in a nut shell yes they happened, they are factual, because they occur in the history books. Interestingly enough, if you look at each of your examples, all there conclusion draws the world closer to Globalization. If you were to ask "Why they happened?" like Why the Civil War happened? or like "Why Hitler invaded Poland?" or "Why the Stock Market crash?", then you just opened yourself a can of worms. Because they are so many points of veiws of the past and each with an invested ideaology, if someone mentions how he interprets the past his in for a long drawn out brouhaha over things in the past he had no control over in the first place. So you understand why I don't want to give any "Why's" things happened.

Why the Stock Market crash? Coffee
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #76 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

^ There's a difference between denying that something happened versus denying WHY it supposedly happened.
I really don't think I need to explain it further than that.
This whole topic of discussion is based on "did", not "why".


The thing is, just pleading the 5th about something is basically saying you have no opinion toward it. If that's the case, I don't see the point of even commenting in a debate about the matter.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #77 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
^ There's a difference between denying that something happened versus denying WHY it supposedly happened.
I really don't think I need to explain it further than that.
This whole topic of discussion is based on "did", not "why".

All of that was adressed to Bungolow who insist I flat out denied the Lunar Landing. I don't ever recall ever flat out denying landed on the moon, at least in this thread. All I did was raise the question about the Lunar Landing. Please understand that Bungie asked if I question other of historical facts found in text books - and I don't. To his question, I wanted him to understand that history is more than "yes" and "no" to an event, but what does that event means to people, what it means metaphysically. (reread what I wrote, and you'll see I didn't equate "did" and "why")

IF this thread ends up exploring "Why we went to the Moon." and it's done by other posters then I see nothing wrong with it. Someone was trying to spam it with lost socks. I never thought of at the time when I started this thread of adding "why" we went to the moon, maybe because I was in shock of discovering we did go to the moon. But I think in hindsight it would of made a more dynamic thread, you know, to explore why we went to the moon. But hey, no thread ends up the way it started anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
The thing is, just pleading the 5th about something is basically saying you have no opinion toward it. If that's the case, I don't see the point of even commenting in a debate about the matter.
Well when I say I'm pleading the 5th, it means I don't want to incriminate myself by revealing my opinion, I'm not insisting my opinion on anyone, and I'm not trying to favor one side or the other. I'm just an unbias observer perusing whatever anyone writes.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #78 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Hey, at least I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, you know. By pleading the 5th, I'm more like a referee or a talk show host. I'm not try to expunge my point of veiw on anyone. Those things you mention go beyond the scope of the Lunar Landing topic, but since this topic peaked you curiousity about my historical perspective all I have to say is no I am not a history revisionist. I believe anything that is printed.

You raised a tough question to answers, but in a nut shell yes they happened, they are factual, because they occur in the history books. Interestingly enough, if you look at each of your examples, all there conclusion draws the world closer to Globalization. If you were to ask "Why they happened?" like Why the Civil War happened? or like "Why Hitler invaded Poland?" or "Why the Stock Market crash?", then you just opened yourself a can of worms. Because they are so many points of veiws of the past and each with an invested ideaology, if someone mentions how he interprets the past his in for a long drawn out brouhaha over things in the past he had no control over in the first place. So you understand why I don't want to give any "Why's" things happened.

Why the Stock Market crash? Coffee
What are you rambling about? Did I ask you to give any "whys"? I just asked if you're willing to employ the same skepticism to these events that you do to the moon landing. What about the moon landing, specifically, makes you unwilling to say whether it happened or not? It is a historical event just like the ones I mentioned that you say "in a nutshell, happened" (what does that mean anyway? what about outside a nutshell, is the answer still as simple?). And again, because I am dumbfounded by this response...I never asked for "whys" Non-sequitur Man. And I never asked about globalization. Are you tripping?
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:33 AM   #79 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
All of that was adressed to Bungolow who insist I flat out denied the Lunar Landing. I don't ever recall ever flat out denying landed on the moon, at least in this thread. All I did was raise the question about the Lunar Landing. Please understand that Bungie asked if I question other of historical facts found in text books - and I don't. To his question, I wanted him to understand that history is more than "yes" and "no" to an event, but what does that event means to people, what it means metaphysically. (reread what I wrote, and you'll see I didn't equate "did" and "why")
Dude, what are you talking about? If English isn't your first language just let me know, I'll go easier on you. I didn't insist that you flat out denied the moon landing. I said that your unwillingness to say one way or the other whether it happened was just as stupid as flat out denying it. See the distinction? You're the one who wants to talk about "whys" and "metaphysical" implications (I swear you're tripping) when no one else cares. I just want to know why you're willing to firmly say that Hitler invaded Poland but not willing to take a stance on the moon-landing. They each happened, it's as simple as that.

Quote:
IF this thread ends up exploring "Why we went to the Moon." and it's done by other posters then I see nothing wrong with it. Someone was trying to spam it with lost socks. I never thought of at the time when I started this thread of adding "why" we went to the moon, maybe because I was in shock of discovering we did go to the moon. But I think in hindsight it would of made a more dynamic thread, you know, to explore why we went to the moon. But hey, no thread ends up the way it started anyway.
Would you be more comfortable if this discussion was about why we went to the moon? You really want to talk about that for some reason. Even though you're unwilling to say if we even went there in the first place. And you didn't know we went to the moon until recently? How old are you? I can forgive you if you're really young I suppose...

Quote:
Well when I say I'm pleading the 5th, it means I don't want to incriminate myself by revealing my opinion, I'm not insisting my opinion on anyone, and I'm not trying to favor one side or the other. I'm just an unbias observer perusing whatever anyone writes.
Again I ask why you're pleading the 5th on this issue and not the other historical events.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #80 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalow View Post
I didn't insist that you flat out denied the moon landing. I said that your unwillingness to say one way or the other whether it happened was just as stupid as flat out denying it. See the distinction?
Furst of all, those things you talked about, I don't have a thread on them, if I did I would try to be balanced and fair, like the Spansih Civil War, I wouldn't want to take a side, just in case you were a communist.

I can't see my "unwillingness" to say one way or the other weather it happened was just as "stupidly" as flat out denying it. I see it as being open minded to whoever wants to voice his opinion in the thread. Capisce!?


Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalow View Post
I just want to know why you're willing to firmly say that Hitler invaded Poland but not willing to take a stance on the moon-landing. They each happened, it's as simple as that.
Whoa, let's back up here for a minute, Hitler didn't invade Poland. I don't know what you are trying to pull here. I looked it up on wikipedea and I found out it was the German Nazi army.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.