Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #781 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeddyBass2112 View Post
I'd argue this this is wrong. Nearly every culture in the world has been shaped and contains elements of other cultures. Certainly this is the case for the UK and the English language. You only need to look at English and British history to see if this is the case.

It's a two-way process. Immigrants usually adapt to the culture of their adopted country as much as they can, whilst often exposing the parent culture to native cultural practices which can often be very successful. 50 years ago few people in the UK had eaten a curry. with immigration from India, it brought along with it curry houses, Asian clothing, Bollywood films and other elements which have been accepted into mainstream British culture. At the same time, many Indian-descended people are often fiercely patriotic and live British culture to the fullest extent.

It's about attitude as much as anything. There will be those who view the parent culture as alien and those who choose to integrate. The reasons that people successfully integrate or not are varied.
How is this a response to what I said? You said I was wrong then immediately talked about how cultures evolve.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #782 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
I can see you're currently banned, but I do hope you return to answer this:

How doesn't Homosexuality benefit society when we currently sit on the brink of over-population. Statistically, children are a drain on resources universally.
So, what's your point? That allowing homosexuals to marry would somehow reduce the overall birthrate?
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #783 (permalink)
Rocket Appliances
 
DoctorSoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
So, what's your point? That allowing homosexuals to marry would somehow reduce the overall birthrate?
Did you read what he said?
DoctorSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #784 (permalink)
Franchise Player
 
Metal Connoisseur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 537
Default

With abortion and contraception so readily available, it's pretty silly to say that homosexual unions would lower the birth rate, if that is what the person was saying. I didn't really bother to read the previous posts.
Metal Connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #785 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
GeddyBass2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Connoisseur View Post
With abortion and contraception so readily available, it's pretty silly to say that homosexual unions would lower the birth rate, if that is what the person was saying. I didn't really bother to read the previous posts.
It's also silly bearing in mind that homosexuals make up a negligible (something like 1-2 percent) proportion of the population. Surely these kind of small numbers wouldn't actually have any effect on overall population?
__________________
Cello fund: $300/$750.
GeddyBass2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #786 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
What a well thought-out and intelligent position. Thanks for writing it here.

We really can close this thread now. Lets ****ing vote Ska Lagos Jew as President of Brains.
It's better than spewing a bunch of psuedointellectual cryptically homophobic garbage. Simply enough, there is no problem with homosexuality at all. It's an informed risk.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #787 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
It's better than spewing a bunch of psuedointellectual cryptically homophobic garbage. Simply enough, there is no problem with homosexuality at all. It's an informed risk.
...Uh yeah. I guess it would be better than that. Its also better than cancer, while we're at it.

Also, nothing is problem-free, so lets not get on your soapbox about how open-minded you are. Discussions are meant to be a place for people discussing things. And seeing that the creator of the thread was a self-defined homosexual, I'm pretty sure he's alright with the premise. I can't imagine the thread was created as slander.

And what is an informed risk?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #788 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
...Uh yeah. I guess it would be better than that. Its also better than cancer, while we're at it.

Also, nothing is problem-free, so lets not get on your soapbox about how open-minded you are. Discussions are meant to be a place for people discussing things. And seeing that the creator of the thread was a self-defined homosexual, I'm pretty sure he's alright with the premise. I can't imagine the thread was created as slander.

And what is an informed risk?
So whats the problem with homosexuality if nothing is problem free?
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #789 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
So, what's your point? That allowing homosexuals to marry would somehow reduce the overall birthrate?
No. His point was that even if it did reduce the overall birth rate, reducing the birth rate wouldn't be the worse thing in the world.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #790 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
So whats the problem with homosexuality if nothing is problem free?
Depends where you're coming from.

If you're looking to populate an area, then theres the issue of it not bearing children.

Don't go for the easy targets though. I personally have no problem with homosexuality. I'm just telling Ska Lagos that he's attempting to shut down intellectual discussion with his unwavering assertions. People should be allowed to have their opinions and express them in a civilized forum.

The minute you pounce on someone because you want to show everyone you're an open-minded freedom fighter you begin to lose the argument. If you have strength in your conviction that what you're doing is right, then don't worry what other people think. Win on merit, not through subjugation through fear that someone might be labeled a bigot or homophone.

As for Hip Hop Bunny, Marriage had nothing to do with it. However, heterosexual marriage increases the birthrate. So by your own logic, Heterosexual marriage is a determent to society.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.