Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Is suicide cowardly?
Yes 39 20.74%
No 79 42.02%
Sometimes, depends on the circumstances (kids etc.) 70 37.23%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #741 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
grtwhtgrvty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Issue #2: Levels of Depression - Very easy to explain with a couple of sentences by the Mayo Clinic's definition.
You didn't explain anything.

You also reference depression as one reason when in actuality depression isn't a singular thing. It can't be a singular reason because depression isn't a singular thing. It's often referenced a a cluster of illnesses as opposed to a single mental malady. That's why you're ignorant.
grtwhtgrvty is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #742 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
That's why you're ignorant.
Dude, quit the name calling ok?

The fact that there are many different levels of depression is easy to explain.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #743 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
grtwhtgrvty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 398
Default

Fine. You aren't ignorant. What you are saying is ignorant. I've sugar coated it. Do you feel better?

Also didn't you call me stupid a few pages back? Hypocrisy, again.
grtwhtgrvty is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #744 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
It's ironic because she thinks she has done something, when in actuality, the opposite is the case. She thinks that by looking an article, briefly, she understands depression, and is able to educate us on it, when in actuality she is misinterpreting and spreading misinformation. That is ironic, because she expects us to be educated, when in fact she is doing the opposite. I can't explain it anymore than that, tbh.
Irony isn't about expectations, it's about your choice of words. If he'd said "Educate yourself!" and then posted a broken link, or one that provided false and invalidated information, that would have been ironic. As it is, none of the studies that Chula cited were false, even if his interpretation of the information differs from your own. If you're mad about Chula taking issue with you citing vague studies, only to post an excerpt from a study himself, then the word you're looking for is "hypocritical".

Anyway, what are you two even fighting about? Whether or not suicide is a complicated issue? Because that's honestly a no-brainer; of course it's complicated, and understanding it requires you to take many factors into consideration.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #745 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,259
Default

Hey you guys know what a shitshow is?
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is online now  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #746 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
grtwhtgrvty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Irony isn't about expectations, it's about your choice of words. If he'd said "Educate yourself!" and then posted a broken link, or one that provided false and invalidated information, that would have been ironic. As it is, none of the studies that Chula cited were false, even if their interpretation of the information differs from your own. If you're mad about Chula taking issue with you citing vague studies, only to post an excerpt from a study himself, then the word you're looking for is "hypocritical".

Anyway, what are you two even fighting about? Whether or not suicide is a complicated issue? Because that's honestly a no-brainer; of course it's complicated, and understanding it requires you to take many factors into consideration.
Literally took 3 seconds to google

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...=UTF-8#q=Irony

Goodbye.
grtwhtgrvty is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:41 PM   #747 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
Literally took 3 seconds to google

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...=UTF-8#q=Irony

Goodbye.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWi6-BcGCQ

I can post links too.

Goodbye.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #748 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
grtwhtgrvty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 398
Default

Okay so you're wrong. End of that discussion. Moving on.

That was ironic also.
grtwhtgrvty is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:08 PM   #749 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
Okay so you're wrong. End of that discussion. Moving on.

That was ironic also.
You're right, the discussion is over. Because the whole crux of your argument (that only mentally ill people commit suicide, and that nobody ever chooses to do it) has been proven false multiple times (such as when JWB pointed out that many people in ancient Japan and China commited ritual suicide to fulfill societal obligations and to affect the world beyond the extent of their lives, and when Mondo pointed out that prominent Satanists often choose to die while in their prime). Every time someone provides information that disproves you, you cover your ears and call them an idiot. And now, you've got nothing left but to argue about the definition of "irony", and by argue I mean post the definition without bothering to read it.

Everyone here has proven you wrong. Every valid authority on the subject of suicide disagree with your sentiments. There is literally no reason to stay here, other than to try and throw insults at us in an attempt to regain a shred of your pride. Now get out, and next time you want to troll someone, steer clear of me, because i'm the king of trolls. I'm off to Plug, and you're free to join me if you like, but even if you don't want to I recommend that you do something either than hang around this thread, because honestly it's a waste of yours and everyone else's time.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #750 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
grtwhtgrvty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
You're right, the discussion is over. Because the whole crux of your argument (that only mentally ill people commit suicide) has been proven false multiple times (such as when JWB pointed out that many people in ancient Japan and China commited ritual suicide to fulfill societal obligations,
Implying suicide as a ritual to fulfill societal obligation isn't a sign of mental illness.

Quote:
and when Mondo pointed out that prominent Satanaists often choose to die while in their prime).
The same person who murdered a stranger in cold blood before killing himself as a part of a satanic ritual. Totally sane. you're right. No mental illness there.

Quote:
Every time someone provides information that disproves you,
What fantasy world are you living in where I've been proven wrong

Quote:
and by argue I mean post the definition without bothering to read it.
Oh really?

a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

Pasted from the very link I sent you. It even uses the word 'expects'


Quote:
Every valid authority on the subject of suicide disagree with your sentiments.
Again, where

Quote:
There is literally no reason to stay here, other than to try and throw insults at us in an attempt to regain a shred of your pride. Now get out, and next time you want to troll someone, steer clear of me, because i'm the king of trolls.
You must be trolling me right now with this bull**** you just said tbh
grtwhtgrvty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.