Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #171 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Zaqarbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Would it be too much to ask you to post an answer without googling, or providing links to other websites to support your rhetoric?
It's a bit like reading a wikipedia page on Nonsense.
It is not to support the rhetoric but the semantics. But you're not forced to open the links if you don't want to. And BTW, I didn't need to google to inform myself (I guess that's what you mean). I already knew who Michel Houellebecq is. I already knew what Michel Houellebecq said about Islam. I already knew that speech by that Hamas speaker. I already knew those news about Saudi Arabia and the Taliban. I already knew those informations on opium and cannabis production. I already knew Nargiz's videos.

And I already know many people have the habit of getting information and opinions in small and plain doses. Slogans on buses and things like that. But it's not my fault.

I thought at least the main idea would be clear to anyone. Many Islamic terrorists are determined to commit suicide attacks because the countries or regions from which they are remain in a "bubble", cut off from the rest of the World. Their lives are dark and gloomy, whereas Koran promises them a sumptuous (to their mentality) "paradise" if they die at the jihad. So under those circumstances it is easy to "recruit martyrs". Therefore, to "burst the bubble" (breaking the cultural isolation) would be a possible helpful intervention.

I hope now it's so clear that even George Galloway may grasp what I'm saying by making an extra mental effort and at the expense of burning half of his neurons (if he still has any).
__________________
"Lullabies for adults / crossed by the years / carry the flower of disappointment / tattooed in their gloomy melodies."

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 09-25-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #172 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Loving the ironic sig.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #173 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Zaqarbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
What bible have you been reading? Read Leviticus and Exodus. It's very explicit, it doesn't vaguely state that slavery is "okay." It takes it a step farther and explains the logistics of owning a slave, how to properly beat them, as well as the inheritance rules about the "property" you've purchased.

Deuteronomy also not only condones rape, but explains how you should go about dealing with the situation upon raping her. Which is to purchase her, and then force her to be your wife.And let us not forget that whole thing about Lot's daughter in Genesis.

Also, here's some specific, "vague" quotes from the Bible for you, most of which have nothing to do with killing infidels 'cause that's only a Muslim thing.

"Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood." - Jeremiah 48:10

"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." - Leviticus 20:13

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel." - Deuteronomy 17:12

"Wives, be subordinate to your husbands, as is proper in the Lord." - Colossians 3:18

"If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through." - Zechariah 13:3

"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." - Leviticus 21:9

I'd also like to note, in your response to your statement that the Bible is somehow less personal in what it suggests then the Qu'ran, that it instructs you on everything from hygiene to dietary choices. The Bible is very restrictive; it's just ignored by most Christians today.
I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough about that. Sorry. I didn't refer to a supposed vagueness expressed into the texts. I refer to the character, the consideration, the importance given to the texts. That is what is imprecise. There's no unanimity. The disciplines (Biblical criticism, Exegesis) are divided into branches, methods, schools, traditions, etc... The question has always been complex and controversial. The churches have formed their own canons after long debates between the "authorities". They have changed them several times, reelaborated the dogmas time after time, morover schisms happened, etc... Anyway, the importance of the New Testament is preponderant for both Catholics and Protestants. In addition, one thing is clear: anyone can see it's a "collage". Bacause of that diversity of languages (in the original texts), authors, dates and styles, no one could take the Bible (as a supposed coherent group of direct commands) as a whole literally.
__________________
"Lullabies for adults / crossed by the years / carry the flower of disappointment / tattooed in their gloomy melodies."
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 AM   #174 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Zaqarbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Okay replace Christian with Jews, the argument still stands. The Bible has a bunch of rubbish in it, and people saying the Qu'ran is worse because the Bible is vague about its rubbish clearly haven't looked at the Old Testament very closely.
Let me put it like this:

Basically we are concern about the effects of rubbish on people, OK? Well, it turns out that the Quran has more harmful effects on people than the Bible. But not because Quran has more rubbish than the Bible, or because Quran has worse rubbish than the Bible. No, that's not the point.

The question is "HOW the rubbish is placed into the Quran and the Bible". And "Quranic rubbish" is placed in such a way that its damage on people is bigger than that caused by "Biblical rubbish". Let's say in the Bible the garbage has been ground into very small pieces and then dispersed all over the can. It's a chaos. One thing counteracts another one, which in turn is counteracted by a third one and so forth. A collage. No one can join all the pieces of trash, because the pieces don't fit together as if they all were parts of a same thing.

But the Quran has been specially designed to channel all the hatred with a certain order. Thus, the poison can be transmitted in an easier way, and then the final harm is bigger.
__________________
"Lullabies for adults / crossed by the years / carry the flower of disappointment / tattooed in their gloomy melodies."

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 09-25-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #175 (permalink)
!!
 
Consolator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Let me put it like this:

Basically we are concern about the effects of rubbish on people, OK? Well, it turns out that the Quran has more harmful effects on people than the Bible. But not because Quran has more rubbish than the Bible, or because Quran has worse rubbish than the Bible. No, that's not the point.

The question is "HOW the rubbish is placed into the Quran and the Bible". And "Quranic rubbish" is placed in such a way that its damage on people is bigger than that caused by "Biblical rubbish". Let's say in the Bible the garbage has been ground into very small pieces and then dispersed all over the can. It's a chaos. One thing counteracts another one, which in turn is counteracted by a third one and so forth. A collage. No one can join all the pieces of trash, because the pieces don't fit together as if they all were parts of a same thing.

But the Quran has been specially designed to channel all the hatred with a certain order. Thus, the poison can be transmitted in an easier way, and then the final harm is bigger.
So you're saying that the Quran has no contradictions?

Edit: Almost 100 contradictions.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Contradictions_in_the_Quran

Last edited by Consolator; 09-25-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #176 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

It amazes me how he responds to posts with paragraphs and paragraphs but doesn't ever really respond to them.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:58 PM   #177 (permalink)
FakingSuicideForApplause
 
Dr.Seussicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: I live in a van down by the river
Posts: 1,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
It amazes me how he responds to posts with paragraphs and paragraphs but doesn't ever really respond to them.
Thank you very much for acknowledging this.
__________________
I'll stay if I ever could, and pick up your pieces babe, because there's never a perfect day.

Dr.Seussicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #178 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Zaqarbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolator View Post
So you're saying that the Quran has no contradictions?

Edit: Almost 100 contradictions.

Contradictions in the Quran - WikiIslam
Well, you haven't watched the video about the Quran I posted before. It's OK, don't worry, I don't get upset about it. But, don't you read the links you post? One word: ABROGATION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
It amazes me how he responds to posts with paragraphs and paragraphs but doesn't ever really respond to them.
Maybe you (I mean you specifically, Sleepy Jack) should explain WHY I didn't respond to the posts in question, instead of writing just a pointless sentence to show a narcissistic pose for healing your wounded pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide View Post
Thank you very much for acknowledging this.
The problem with you (now specifically you, Dr.Seussicide) is that when I respond to you, then you absurdly pretend that the question was not that question.
__________________
"Lullabies for adults / crossed by the years / carry the flower of disappointment / tattooed in their gloomy melodies."

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 09-26-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: a typo
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #179 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Did you ever think the reason people are pointing out you don't really respond to posts is because you aren't? You make it sound like the problem is dr.seussicide and I. Also I can't explain why you do this - only you can. I can't see into your psyche, nor do I particularly want to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #180 (permalink)
!!
 
Consolator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Well, you haven't watched the video about the Quran I posted before. It's OK, don't worry, I don't get upset about it. But, don't you read the links you post? One word: ABROGATION.
I've seen that biased piece of propaganda you posted already. Your argument that the Bible's gruesome parts containing contradictions and it being unable to be pieced together could be said for the Quran as well. In regards to abrogations, this is about respecting other's beliefs. The whole notion of Muslims slowly trickling into the system and taking it over sounds like terrorism and fear-mongering at its finest. Considering how much of the US government has the bible lodged in their behinds, you could make the same arguments for Christianity. I'm pretty much against any sort of religious government -- and in that regard I disagree with Islam. Following religion as close to fundamentally as possible is sickening to me, but that isn't really what this is about, is it?

Last edited by Consolator; 09-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.