Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #151 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
I recall you claiming that. I also recall me not getting any valid argument for why.
Less people means less toes to step on.

I don't know **** about Iceland.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #152 (permalink)
Supernatural anaesthetist
 
Dotoar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Örebro, Sweden
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Less people means less toes to step on.

I don't know **** about Iceland.
Could you at least try to take this discussion seriously?
__________________
- More is more -
Dotoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #153 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,510
Default

I am serious. WTF?
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #154 (permalink)
Supernatural anaesthetist
 
Dotoar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Örebro, Sweden
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I am serious. WTF?
No you're not. "Getting rid of xxx billion people because I want more space" isn't a serious argument. And the Iceland question was thoroughly sincere on my part, since I wanted a discussion about an actual example of an anarchist society. As you claim to be an anarchist I was hoping for some arguments why you are, and some actual insight in the political theory behind the anarchism. Am I asking for too much?
__________________
- More is more -
Dotoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #155 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A vintage pad on the west side. Think Febreze, candelabras.
Posts: 38
Default

Aah this argument is getting dumb. I lost in-te-rest.
levio_sah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #156 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,760
Default

I keep reading this as "Any other Antichrists on here?".
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #157 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

I think generally speaking, a society should try to maximize the quality of life for those who live in it now and for the future, perhaps a bit similar to the utilitaristic ideal of maximizing happiness / minimizing suffering. I have slightly more detailed ideas on how to best achieve that long term, but none of them have included anarchy so far. A working anarchic system doesn't mean that people will be happy just like a working dictatorship in North Korea doesn't mean north koreans are happy and basically, I have little faith in anarchic systems getting the most of what I want from society in the long term.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #158 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotoar View Post
No you're not. "Getting rid of xxx billion people because I want more space" isn't a serious argument. And the Iceland question was thoroughly sincere on my part, since I wanted a discussion about an actual example of an anarchist society. As you claim to be an anarchist I was hoping for some arguments why you are, and some actual insight in the political theory behind the anarchism. Am I asking for too much?
Freetown Christiania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of anarchist communities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 AM   #159 (permalink)
Seemingly Silenced
 
crash_override's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
I keep reading this as "Any other Antichrists on here?".
Yes, me too. I keep saying "YES!!!", and then I read closer and I'm like... oh. Nevermind.
__________________
My MB music journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #160 (permalink)
Supernatural anaesthetist
 
Dotoar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Örebro, Sweden
Posts: 434
Default

Christiania isn't really an anarchy, it's an enclave at best. Anyway, you should forward that to OccultHawk.
__________________
- More is more -
Dotoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.