Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Would you?
Yes, I would 16 17.39%
No, I wouldn't 31 33.70%
Unsure 4 4.35%
Too late... 41 44.57%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #101 (permalink)
_____________
 
Cenotaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
not quite... but if you're going to let the legality of something determine your actions (as objectively determined by a group other than yourself) then it stands to reason that same group can decide what you'll read, or listen to, etc.

if you're not curious because you're not curious then more power to you, by all means, live clean and healthy. do it up! on the other if you have been curious and just said 'wait no! it's illegal' when presented with the opportunity then yeah, you're being led by the nose.

it's not like weed was illegal back when alcohol was...
Lol, I don't think you can compare reading to smoking pot. If someone bans a book and I am interested in it, then I'll read it. If someone bans a drug that can cause me cancer, then I won't do it.
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #102 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackPat View Post
Lol, I don't think you can compare reading to smoking pot. If someone bans a book and I am interested in it, then I'll read it. If someone bans a drug that can cause me cancer, then I won't do it.
I think you're missing his point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #103 (permalink)
_____________
 
Cenotaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I think you're missing his point.
No, I'm not. I understand his point, but I'm only willing to abide by that philosophy depending on the situation (which is my own point).
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #104 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

it's just a degree of the leniency of the law for me

when I was in Wales, the law was lax so I smoked lots of weed

here they throw you in a minimal security prison if they caught you - if things were similar to over there, I'd still be doing it in droves
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #105 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Theres like ****loads of stuff that isnt illegal but can cause cancer, its in the paper all the time, to the point of if you had to avoid these items, youd probably would die.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #106 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 64
Default

I'd be tempted, but I've had my fun. I'd feel less paranoid when smoking the reefer. I think Portugal has the right idea, completely decriminalizing all drugs and instead of wasting money putting people in jail and enforcing the law, they offer therapy to get people off drugs and off the streets. Canada would never do this though. They're top export is cannabis, which is still seen as a schedule II substance here. The government and law enforcement must make too much money off of keeping it illegal that they'd cease being on major cannabis distributors' payrolls if it were legalized. Follow the money trail...
bonesaw-orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #107 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackPat View Post
Lol, I don't think you can compare reading to smoking pot. If someone bans a book and I am interested in it, then I'll read it. If someone bans a drug that can cause me cancer, then I won't do it.
Marijuana doesnt cause cancer, man. Besides, tobacco does and it's legal.
Not harshing you out man because I don't use marijuana because of the legal reasons, but you gotta know the straight... dope... on it at least.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #108 (permalink)
_____________
 
Cenotaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Marijuana doesnt cause cancer, man. Besides, tobacco does and it's legal.
Not harshing you out man because I don't use marijuana because of the legal reasons, but you gotta know the straight... dope... on it at least.
I think smoking tobacco is completely idiotic either way. And I've seen that marijuana leads to lung cancer. If you can prove me wrong, then please do because I'd be really happy if what you say is true.
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #109 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

From my knowledge, the only way you can get cancer from marijuana is by smoking it. Inhaling smoke is a horrible thing to do to your body. If you vaporize or eat it you'll be just dandy.

Any experts want to jump in?
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #110 (permalink)
_____________
 
Cenotaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
From my knowledge, the only way you can get cancer from marijuana is by smoking it. Inhaling smoke is a horrible thing to do to your body. If you vaporize or eat it you'll be just dandy.

Any experts want to jump in?
Wait... vapor as in incense? And people eat marijuana?
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.