Regarding the future of religion - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #101 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Stop being an arrogant a$$hole. All religions are not "cults." The word "cult" is culturally relative, so stop calling Vanilla's religion a cult.

While you are entitled to your opinion, it is not your place to tell someone to denounce their religious beliefs in order to apease your view of the world.

We get it, you hate religion. But that does not give you the right to bash other people's views. Religious people construct their entire lives around their beliefs, so you belittling and vilifying them is quite hurtful. You are being quite rude, and should stop to think what consequences may come from your actions. Reilgious or not, if you're an a$$hole, you'll get what's coming to you.
Vannila's religion is a cult just like every single other religion out there. You know what else I love about you besides how ignorant you are? Is how much of a gigantic hypocrite you are oojay. Are you going to give me what is coming to me? If not please just shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I completely respect your opinion and would appreciate if you respect mine. I never said I accept the negative parts of the church, but remember it is man that has sinned under the label of this religion, not God himself.

Oojay, thanks for the support hun but please refrain from insulting others, just report offensive posts instead. Thanks xxx
I do not respect religion sorry. You labeling yourself a Christian still after knowing full well what has happened in the past pretty much sums up that you do infact accept the negative parts of it. God has not sinned? Really? Read the old testament and tell me he has not killed.
I respect the fact you believe in God. Like I said before. Faith is cool. If you need something to hold on to cool, but the fact you say you need Christianity to do so just makes me shake my head.

If you took anything I said as a insult sorry because it was not aimed that way, but I know how some people get all offended when opinions come out (oojay).
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.

Last edited by Buzzov*en; 04-07-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #102 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Mr November's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 429
Default

Buzzov*en. From one atheist to another non-believer, let me just tell you that you are exactly the kind of person I'm ashamed to be associated with by being in the same group as you.

Just telling people their beliefs are stupid and trying to belittle them does nothing at all for the cause of reason. It may be obvious to you and I, but as someone who was a serious Roman Catholic and became an atheist, I can tell you that your approach is the opposite of effective.

As an atheist do I try to convert people back to Atheism? Honestly, yes. Do I do it by attacking their intellect, values, or experiences? No.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #103 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E Coleman View Post
Buzzov*en. From one atheist to another non-believer, let me just tell you that you are exactly the kind of person I'm ashamed to be associated with by being in the same group as you.

Just telling people their beliefs are stupid and trying to belittle them does nothing at all for the cause of reason. It may be obvious to you and I, but as someone who was a serious Roman Catholic and became an atheist, I can tell you that your approach is the opposite of effective.

As an atheist do I try to convert people back to Atheism? Honestly, yes. Do I do it by attacking their intellect, values, or experiences? No.
I really do not care quite honestly.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #104 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

I had a ribeye steak for lunch, it was God-like. I go to Church once a year with my friends family as they ask me too, and i am a non believer but i would never begrudge someone being active in religion and using it as a positive aspect in their life. To each their own, could never be more relevant then with religion. The most polarizing subject in history and something all will never agree on. Good luck with this thread.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #105 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Mr November's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 429
Default

If you don't care, then you're criticizing religion for the wrong reasons.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #106 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E Coleman View Post
If you don't care, then you're criticizing religion for the wrong reasons.
You actually do not know my reasons for criticizing religion now do you?
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #107 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
You actually do not know my reasons for criticizing religion now do you?
What was his name man?
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #108 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Vannila's religion is a cult just like every single other religion out there. You know what else I love about you besides how ignorant you are? Is how much of a gigantic hypocrite you are oojay. Are you going to give me what is coming to me? If not please just shut up.



I do not respect religion sorry. You labeling yourself a Christian still after knowing full well what has happened in the past pretty much sums up that you do infact accept the negative parts of it. God has not sinned? Really? Read the old testament and tell me he has not killed.
I respect the fact you believe in God. Like I said before. Faith is cool. If you need something to hold on to cool, but the fact you say you need Christianity to do so just makes me shake my head.

If you took anything I said as a insult sorry because it was not aimed that way, but I know how some people get all offended when opinions come out (oojay).
It's Vanilla, not Vannila.

Yes I was insulted because you stated I agree with sexual abuse.

I'm going to leave you with your anal analysis of me labeling myself a Christian, because as far as I'm concerned it's not important that I justify myself to you. It's like pulling teeth.
__________________
"Elph is truly an enfant terrible of the forum, bless and curse him" - Marie, Queen of Thots
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #109 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
It's Vanilla, not Vannila.

Yes I was insulted because you stated I agree with sexual abuse.

I'm going to leave you with your anal analysis of me labeling myself a Christian, because as far as I'm concerned it's not important that I justify myself to you. It's like pulling teeth.
I didn't spell your name right! Sawwy!

Well still labeling yourself a Christian means you agree with what they say. If you said you identify with their beliefs that would be a bit different, but that is not the case here.

Anyway yea pretty much done going back and forth.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #110 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,863
Default

Wow am I clone of every other Christian? I can't think for myself obviously maybe you should go talk to the leader of my cult. Or whoever you are referring to as 'their'.

I'll go back to supporting sexual abuse and gay bashing now.
__________________
"Elph is truly an enfant terrible of the forum, bless and curse him" - Marie, Queen of Thots
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.