Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #151 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: the local county jail
Posts: 133
Default

youre all a bunch of god hugging mushroom taking hippies.
pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #152 (permalink)
;)
 
cardboard adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Default

The purpose of life is love, but love is purposeless.
The purpose of life is awareness, but awareness is purposeless.
The purpose of life is peace, but peace is purposeless.
The purpose of life is purpose, but purpose is purposeless.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #153 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: the local county jail
Posts: 133
Default

more hippie rhetoric. i thought this thread might be interesting, but its not.
pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #154 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Again, YOU'RE NOT SAYING ANYTHING. You're arguing semantics between assumptions and inferences, and trying to express what you believe by simply pointing out a few things that you DO NOT believe.


What assumptions have I, or anyone else on here for that matter, made about you that are wrong or have been disproven? None. You'd rather mask your insecuritiy about your own beliefs by insulting others and pretending to be amused by things which clearly reveal a discontinuity in your own chain of thought.


THANK YOU. A declarative statement, was that so hard? Please, for the sake of keeping in mind the overall idea and topic of the thread, elaborate a little. I accept your disbelief in a God. That is your opinion, it really needs no explanation. But why, in your opinion, do you believe we are here if we serve no purpose? Is life just a side effect of random atoms combining and creating everything as we know it? Are we all just a victims of the universe's serendipity?


I apologize if my posts aren't as thought out as your calling all religions a "sack of sh*t." Hopefully some of your wisdom will rub off on the rest of us.
Hopefully you will remove your head from your rear end and learn how not to make assumptions. You not responding to what I asked you on your profile only solidifies my point that is all you are capable of doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Buzzoven, you make the rest of us atheists look bad.
I'll let you know when I actually care about how I make atheists who are accepting (spineless really) look.
I'm not blind to history. Anyone with half a brain can see the problems religion has caused and continues to cause.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #155 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: the local county jail
Posts: 133
Default

hey buzz, why am i laughing until i cry over oojays posts? i dont think ive read anything so effing pretentious in awhile. durrrrrr let me list all these stupid religions EVERYONE knows about so i seem hip and well read.
or is that just me?
pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #156 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Hopefully you will remove your head from your rear end and learn how not to make assumptions. You not responding to what I asked you on your profile only solidifies my point that is all you are capable of doing.
I did respond. Why do you feel the need to correspond with me on my profile page, rather than keeping it in the context of the thread?

For the rest of you who have no clue what he is talking about, Buzzov*en asked me if I am a Christian. I told him no. I do not subscribe to a religion. Being knowledgable about religion does not automatically make me religious. How is that for people needing to stop making assumptions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en
Anyone with half a brain can see the problems religion has caused and continues to cause.
Then why not use your knowledge to make some sort of worthwhile contribution to this thread? More poeple have been killed in the name of religion than for any other cause. Wars, crusades, jihads. Use information that you are aware of to back up your statements. We're all rooting for you to introduce some intelligent conversation here, we know you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
hey buzz, why am i laughing until i cry over oojays posts? i dont think ive read anything so effing pretentious in awhile. durrrrrr let me list all these stupid religions EVERYONE knows about so i seem hip and well read.
or is that just me?
Well, logic and reasoning don't seem to be getting through to him. Maybe pretentiousness and persistence will. It's nice to know that you would rather focus on the tone of someone's posts rather than their content. Well done.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #157 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
I did respond. Why do you feel the need to correspond with me on my profile page, rather than keeping it in the context of the thread?
I love you that is why.

Quote:
For the rest of you who have no clue what he is talking about, Buzzov*en asked me if I am a Christian. I told him no. I do not subscribe to a religion. Being knowledgable about religion does not automatically make me religious. How is that for people needing to stop making assumptions?
hahaha that is not what I said. I said how would it look if I asked you if you were a right wing nut job who is religious?

Quote:
Then why not use your knowledge to make some sort of worthwhile contribution to this thread? More poeple have been killed in the name of religion than for any other cause. Wars, crusades, jihads. Use information that you are aware of to back up your statements. We're all rooting for you to introduce some intelligent conversation here, we know you can do it.
I do not really feel like introducing intelligence to this thread when I am dealing with people like you who are beneath me and like to assume they know my ideas and all that wonderfully intelligent bull**** you do.

Quote:
Well, logic and reasoning don't seem to be getting through to him. Maybe pretentiousness and persistence will. It's nice to know that you would rather focus on the tone of someone's posts rather than their content. Well done.
Do not talk about logic and reasoning when you have a hard time seeing how you are a hypocrite and when you assume you know my views and like to put words into my mouth and after I tell you that is not what I did your delusional thought process makes you think you are right. You make me laugh and hate humanity more.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #158 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: the local county jail
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
I love you that is why
beat me to it. i was going to say buzz is feverishly masturbating to you as he types.
pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #159 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

I'm getting a kick out of this quite honestly. He continues to make his assinine comments that are pure sepculation, but I am the ignorant one right?

To actually put this thread back on topic like oojay has been crying to me to do so yet does not practice what he preaches I will say this.

Religion probably will be around for ever since parents and others who are religious brainwash people into believing what they believe. Most of the time it starts at a young age since children are impressionable. My parents tried to do that and I just went along with it until I was thrown out of catholic school for questioning the whole idea of praising some unseen force known as God even though there is no proof of God existing.
Faith is blind.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #160 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
I love you that is why.
I'm flattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en
hahaha that is not what I said. I said how would it look if I asked you if you were a right wing nut job who is religious?
It would look like plain text that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. What does political affiliation have to do with the future of religion? Let me humor you. Am I religious? No, I believe that a spiritual bond can be made with the world around us without having to subscribe to a certain set of religious beliefs or following a certain deity. Am I a right-wing nutjob? No, I have no affiliation with the Tea Party movement. In the last Presidential election I voted for John McCain. He was not my first choice, but it was quite evident that a write-in vote would be an exercise in futility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en
I do not really feel like introducing intelligence to this thread when I am dealing with people like you who are beneath me and like to assume they know my ideas and all that wonderfully intelligent bull**** you do.
Again, if I am wrong on anything I have inferred here, I apologize. You have every opportuinity under the sun to correct me, yet you refuse to do so. I guess it's easier to complain than to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en
Do not talk about logic and reasoning when you have a hard time seeing how you are a hypocrite and when you assume you know my views and like to put words into my mouth and after I tell you that is not what I did your delusional thought process makes you think you are right. You make me laugh and hate humanity more.
Like I said, I fail to see how I am being hypocritical in this discussion. Please show me and I will either explain the misunderstanding or apologize for being a hypocrite. The ball is in your court. And I am glad I could bring some levity to your evening.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.