Regarding the future of religion - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It's entirely possible that one day technology might advance to the point that humans will only die out of accidents. We might all be cyborgs at some point. How do you think that would affect views on the afterlife?
If I were a cyborg, I'd believe in a great uploading when I died, to a wonderful server in the sky with unlimited bandwidth and processing power, where my mind was also free to travel wirelessly via cosmic frequencies beyond the visible light spectrum that put 2.4GHZ transmissions to shame. There would be other servers, hosting FPS games with absolutely no lag and outstanding ping times no matter what. Then at the end of a digital eon, Steve Jobs will have been defeated and locked away in a routing loop for all eternity, and we will reclaim the earth with a new version of Windows and various smart-phones.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
They/Them
 
TockTockTock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
If I were a cyborg, I'd believe in a great uploading when I died, to a wonderful server in the sky with unlimited bandwidth and processing power, where my mind was also free to travel wirelessly via cosmic frequencies beyond the visible light spectrum that put 2.4GHZ transmissions to shame. There would be other servers, hosting FPS games with absolutely no lag and outstanding ping times no matter what. Then at the end of a digital eon, Steve Jobs will have been defeated and locked away in a routing loop for all eternity, and we will reclaim the earth with a new version of Windows and various smart-phones.
This
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
If I were a cyborg, I'd believe in a great uploading when I died, to a wonderful server in the sky with unlimited bandwidth and processing power, where my mind was also free to travel wirelessly via cosmic frequencies beyond the visible light spectrum that put 2.4GHZ transmissions to shame. There would be other servers, hosting FPS games with absolutely no lag and outstanding ping times no matter what. Then at the end of a digital eon, Steve Jobs will have been defeated and locked away in a routing loop for all eternity, and we will reclaim the earth with a new version of Windows and various smart-phones.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 677
Default

i don't give a damn. for as long as they legalized same sex marriage, science can rule the world for all i care.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
we will reclaim the earth with a new version of Windows
A cyborg wouldn't be that dumb.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict
 
s_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,169
Default

Windows 7 of 9?
__________________
Click here to see my collection
s_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
A cyborg wouldn't be that dumb.
Assuming it was programmed on a Mac platform, it certainly would have been dumbed down.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Assuming it was programmed on a Mac platform, it certainly would have been dumbed down.
A cyborg wouldn't need the excessive bloat of windows, though. I mean, if you think in binary why do you need a user interface?

The perfect cyborg operating system would theoretically just be a strait assembler compiler connecting to this CPU which would have infinite threads. So, they could directly utilize it with the most efficiency humanly possible.

With that said, Cyborgs are eternal. They have lifespans that are theoretically infinite as long as they can be kept maintained. So, they don't fear, or hope for death.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
A cyborg wouldn't need the excessive bloat of windows, though. I mean, if you think in binary why do you need a user interface?

The perfect cyborg operating system would theoretically just be a strait assembler compiler connecting to this CPU which would have infinite threads. So, they could directly utilize it with the most efficiency humanly possible.

With that said, Cyborgs are eternal. They have lifespans that are theoretically infinite as long as they can be kept maintained. So, they don't fear, or hope for death.
You ever used Windows Server 2008 Core version? There's no GUI. It's all command line. I'm sure they could integrate something like that into us. It would just be a bitch for memory and storage upgrades!
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Windows 7 of 9?
Your cleverness is not wasted my friend

Nice.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.