Regarding the future of religion - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 677
Default

I don't care about Religion cause it's just an organization. It ain't about faith. I believe in God. People call Him in different names but He'll be here forever within me and within all of us.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
I don't care about Religion cause it's just an organization. It ain't about faith. I believe in God. People call Him in different names but He'll be here forever within me and within all of us.
Not if you do not believe.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Not if you do not believe.
It doesn't matter if you do not believe. God believes in all of us and that's the only requirement. He will make some way to bring His children close to him.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict
 
s_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Your cleverness is not wasted my friend

Nice.
Thanks
Haha, I had to google if the joke worked.
I usually don't watch sci fi .
__________________
Click here to see my collection
s_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

my only words are:-

REPENT! REPENT! FOR THE END IS NIGH!
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
my only words are:-

REPENT! REPENT! FOR THE END IS NIGH!
i don't believe in that either. repentance is not supposed to be a requirement in entering heaven, it's accepting your wrongdoings towards your fellowmen and making sure you ask for forgiveness and do something good in return, it's done so that you can start a whole new life with a positive and clean outlook with the Lord.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
i don't believe in that either. repentance is not supposed to be a requirement in entering heaven, it's accepting your wrongdoings towards your fellowmen and making sure you ask for forgiveness and do something good in return, it's done so that you can start a whole new life with a positive and clean outlook with the Lord.
nah you need absolution
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
It doesn't matter if you do not believe. God believes in all of us and that's the only requirement. He will make some way to bring His children close to him.
um like giving kids cancer and slaughtering 6 million of his supposed chosen people? Yea there is no god.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #29 (permalink)
They/Them
 
TockTockTock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
um like giving kids cancer and slaughtering 6 million of his supposed chosen people? Yea there is no god.
I agree. Just one of the many reasons that lead to disproving his existence. I also find it a bit annoying about how mankind made god a he and not a she. I think women are more prone to creating things than men are (we just destroy everything ). Although... there's an old Taoist saying that goes "Out of destruction comes creation."
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
um like giving kids cancer and slaughtering 6 million of his supposed chosen people? Yea there is no god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
I agree. Just one of the many reasons that lead to disproving his existence.
Why use only negative examples to disprove God's existence, why not also use positive examples in life as proof of God existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Although... there's an old Taoist saying that goes "Out of destruction comes creation."
Well according to your taoist saying, after you destroy your faith in god shouldn't God create a new faith in you out of the destruction of your old faith?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.