Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #231 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Well, he's done some good things like make the environment a priority and brought some troops back home, but the economy is in pretty bad shape.
My head is about to explode. What did he do to the economy except improve it?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #232 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
Better than when he came into office.
Certainly better than Bush.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #233 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
My head is about to explode. What did he do to the economy except improve it?
Calm down, man. I'm not trying to piss you off. Just asked a question. I've just been watching too many republican debates.

Last edited by blastingas10; 01-25-2012 at 02:45 PM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #234 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Calm down, man. I'm not trying to piss you off. Just asked a question. I've just been watching too many republican debates.
Well if it makes you feel any better, it was a general explosion. Not at you. I read too many comments on Politico articles.

Here, try this: What the heck has Obama done so far?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #235 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Well if it makes you feel any better, it was a general explosion. Not at you. I read too many comments on Politico articles.

Here, try this: What the heck has Obama done so far?
Yes, I've looked at that before. I guess I was just looking for a direct answer from you.

Also guilty of overlooking the fact that there's only so much a president can do in four years. And what I mean by that is of course he can't whip it up into to perfect shape in four years, considering what he inherited from Bush.

But the unemployment rate has risen in Obama's term.

Last edited by blastingas10; 01-25-2012 at 03:16 PM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #236 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

1. Whats the difference between me giving you facts or a website?

2. Its not "in 4 years" even, its "at all". Congress is the driving force in this country. Its why they're first in the constitution, its why they have the control of the finances.

3. Its not fair to blame Bush 43 alone. It was 30 years of undoing financial regulation we had had in place since the 1930's. I think Congress repealed Glass-Stegal in '98 or '99 and that's what lead to most of this.

4. The unemployment is falling. Jobs are coming home. Jobs are a lagging indicator. And we're slashing the debt by moving troops out at a more rapid rate.

What else do you want from the guy?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #237 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
1. Whats the difference between me giving you facts or a website?

2. Its not "in 4 years" even, its "at all". Congress is the driving force in this country. Its why they're first in the constitution, its why they have the control of the finances.

3. Its not fair to blame Bush 43 alone. It was 30 years of undoing financial regulation we had had in place since the 1930's. I think Congress repealed Glass-Stegal in '98 or '99 and that's what lead to most of this.

4. The unemployment is falling. Jobs are coming home. Jobs are a lagging indicator. And we're slashing the debt by moving troops out at a more rapid rate.

What else do you want from the guy?
1. There is no difference, I just asked you for some reason

I was just simply stating that the unemployment has gone up since he took over.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #238 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
As for your position on marriage equality, my question back to you is "why can't they marry people of the same sex?" Marriage isn't specified in the Constitution, and the 14th Amendment is the trumping law given American Laws hierarchy. So states banning gay marriage are illegal by virtue of the U.S. Constitution.
States denying same-sex marriage would only be illegal, under the auspices of the 14th amendment, if the Federal Government made same-sex marriage legal (or, rather, recognized it is as equal to heterosexual marriages). However, due to the relative lack of Federal Laws regarding marriage, as this area has traditionally been left to the states, the only realistic way this could happen is an Amendment to the Constitution. This is why Conservatives moved for an amendment banning same-sex marriage.

You may have a bone to pick with the Defense of Marriage Act, as that arguably messes with the “Full Faith & Credit Clause” of the Constitution.
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #239 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I dunno man, I'm seeing a fair bit of "increased funding for..."
__________________
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #240 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I dunno man, I'm seeing a fair bit of "increased funding for..."
What's wrong with government funding? it's far more productive than lowering taxes for the higher brackets.
Rubato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.