Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Who has your vote?
OBAMA/BIDEN 35 59.32%
ROMNEY/RYAN 7 11.86%
My cat. 17 28.81%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #151 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I'm not Christian. I reject Christian & Post-Christian morality, hence why I'm not swayed by arguments which rest upon appeals to Christian themes such as the need for charity for the poor. Now, if some woman out there is so stupid she can't secure the meager funds required to pay for birth control, well, if this bothers your conscience, donate your own money to the appropriate charity. Being someone who does not follow Christian or Post-Christian morality, I chafe at being forced to pay for the maintenance of Church's I've no use for, just as I chafe at being forced to subsidize the lives of those I do not care for.

Regarding the rest of your points; Ben Nelson & his fellow blue dog's were brought up to remind opposition to abortion & such is not limited to Republicans, & the issue of Dworkin & the various states having different definitions of rape is relevant because what qualifies as rape is constantly being redefined.
It's not about that, it's about the fact that birth control can also be for health issues, often more-so than medications such as Viagra. It's not being recognized as such in the government. Supporting birth control and a woman's health is now considered either early abortion or just a means of letting a woman being a slut.

Do people think about the other reasons people might have to take it?
A less severe example is that is can help acne and clearing up the face.
But I personally know someone who has ovarian cysts and has to take birth control. It's not for sex, it's not for abortion, it's because if those burst, she might be unable to have kids in the future or worse, she might have to lose an ovary. This is a horrible thing for someone to have to experience, the fear of possibly not being able to have children in the future or having to have some sort of surgery. And for conservatives or ANYONE to decide all of a sudden that they want her not to take birth control because she SHOULDN'T be able to have sex without the possibility of children and then for her to not be able to have children because she's not on birth control is just backwards.
I know many other people on birth control for other reasons.
And this should be covered by insurance.
The fact that someone has to pay so much monthly for something that could possibly be saving their life or their health is disgusting. Monthly. This doesn't just go away. She has to take it every month. That gets expensive.

Have you thought about that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #152 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Well, there is a bit of a logical inconsistency in your argument; primarily the issue that allowing people to choose amongst various insurance policies which offer varying degrees of coverage for birth control is somehow inherently less moral than forcing them all to offer the same amount of coverage of birth control....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
The fact that someone has to pay so much monthly for something that could possibly be saving their life or their health is disgusting. Monthly. This doesn't just go away. She has to take it every month. That gets expensive.

Have you thought about that?
You're right, small costs have a way of adding up. Hence why I don't want to pay for it.

If this bugs her, she could opt to get a policy which covers birth control. Or you could just send her some cash once in a while, or donate money to the appropriate charity. She's your friend, after all.
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #153 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I'm not Christian. I reject Christian & Post-Christian morality, hence why I'm not swayed by arguments which rest upon appeals to Christian themes such as the need for charity for the poor. Now, if some woman out there is so stupid she can't secure the meager funds required to pay for birth control, well, if this bothers your conscience, donate your own money to the appropriate charity. Being someone who does not follow Christian or Post-Christian morality, I chafe at being forced to pay for the maintenance of Church's I've no use for, just as I chafe at being forced to subsidize the lives of those I do not care for.

Regarding the rest of your points; Ben Nelson & his fellow blue dog's were brought up to remind opposition to abortion & such is not limited to Republicans, & the issue of Dworkin & the various states having different definitions of rape is relevant because what qualifies as rape is constantly being redefined.
You actually hate women don't you? So being poor is suddenly because they are stupid?
Celladorina is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #154 (permalink)
Mwana Nzala
 
Franco Pepe Kalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Shakopee, Minnesota
Posts: 605
Default

Romney thinks that only the Rich deserves the tax cuts. Reagonomics will be the destruction of America.
__________________
The problem with Franco Pepe Kalle is that he is a unpredictable character. There is surprising info about this man. You think he only likes Franco and Pepe Kalle but when you find out that he hears other artists, you are shock.

Girls are the sexy thing that God created.

Important to notice FPK.
Franco Pepe Kalle is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #155 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
You actually hate women don't you? So being poor is suddenly because they are stupid?
That's what bothers me about the comment too.
Just because some people may have the money doesn't mean they should have to spend it. It's not about HOW expensive it is, it's the fact that it can cost between 40-200 dollars a months depending on the dosage and type of BC you are taking.
It has nothing to do with stupidity. And it's ignorant to say it does.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #156 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
That's what bothers me about the comment too.
Just because some people may have the money doesn't mean they should have to spend it. It's not about HOW expensive it is, it's the fact that it can cost between 40-200 dollars a months depending on the dosage and type of BC you are taking.
It has nothing to do with stupidity. And it's ignorant to say it does.
Exactly, and to be honest, I don't feel like men are really able to understand what it's like to be a woman and have gynalogical problems, or just periods full stop. I've heard of an older man (business leaders) over in New Zealand who said that ALL women take off days from work during their periods and that it costs the tax payer bla bla bla. He called it a 'sickness'. Boy did he get crucified by the media. He lost his job as the top insurance dog for it.

That's why I'm thinking, if there are guys like hip hop that are speaking negatively about womens 'problems' then they truely are ignorant and delusional. How about catching up with the 21st century, modern medicine and gynalogical management techniques. Which are, surprise, surprise, contraception.
Celladorina is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #157 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Having trouble with the bunny, girls? Here's the guy you need...


Seriously, please do NOT think hhbh is in any way representative of the male attitude here. We feel your pain. Well, not literally of course, but we understand we'd all be screwed without you, and thank you for your forbearance. You should be entitled to insurance. Yeah, I know I'm Irish so my opinion means eff-all, hhbh, but as a human being I think it has to carry some weight.

Hang in there, ladies.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #158 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Romney has recently promised to take a "more active role" in foreign affairs if elected president. Fuck me. If Romney gets it, we're going to have 4 years of Bush Lite.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #159 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
You actually hate women don't you? So being poor is suddenly because they are stupid?
No, I don't hate women, &, yes, intelligence is correlated with income. Shocking news, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Just because some people may have the money doesn't mean they should have to spend it. It's not about HOW expensive it is, it's the fact that it can cost between 40-200 dollars a months depending on the dosage and type of BC you are taking.
Someone must pay for it; why not those who derive the benefit?
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #160 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
No, I don't hate women, &, yes, intelligence is correlated with income. Shocking news, I know.

According to who? So you're saying because I'm incredibly poor right now I must be just plain stupid? Even though I have a degree in science, a post graduate degree and have plenty of work experience? I must be really stupid. It's got nothing to do with the economic climate, the diminishing job industry and poor decisions made by the government. I might as well jump off a cliff then if I'm that stupid, because I'll never get any money ever because of that.
Celladorina is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.