Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Who has your vote?
OBAMA/BIDEN 35 59.32%
ROMNEY/RYAN 7 11.86%
My cat. 17 28.81%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #261 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Oh you
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #262 (permalink)
gun whales
 
gunnels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe
Posts: 1,702
Default

anti's got the good **** tonight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
Fuck your hashtags, they have no power in this realm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany
gunnels is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #263 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,533
Default

damn dude howd you KNOW
anticipation is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #264 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
You mean one year after we removed the ruler of Libya who opposed Al-Qaeda, Al-Qaeda killed Americans in Libya.
Wow, two factual inaccuracies in one sentence. Impressive!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now  
Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #265 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
You mean one year after we removed the ruler of Libya who opposed Al-Qaeda, Al-Qaeda killed Americans in Libya. How is that not a massive failure?
If he opposed them at all, it was to maintain his own power. If youíre suggesting we ought to have let him keep power on that end, Iíd love to hear your thoughts on Pakistan. Then again, youíre not batting .1000 on foreign policy.


Quote:
If it's not a reason to invade, why is it a reason to stay?
Itís not a reason to invade for reasons of principle. I.e. when do we stop invading for things we donít like. Additionally, we have many other options to attempt to change this behavior. It is a reason to stay because by our involvement, we have created new environmental variables, variables that will make the lives on the people in that country considerably worse should we shirk our responsibilities and just up and leave.
TheBig3 is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #266 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Wow, two factual inaccuracies in one sentence. Impressive!
Not quite:

Quote:
U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Benghazi assault, which President Obama and other U.S. officials ultimately acknowledged was a "terrorist" attack carried out by militants with suspected links to al-Qaeda affiliates or sympathizers.
link

Quote:
"We were pained by the carnage and the cowardly massacres carried out by the killer of innocents Gaddafi against our people and our unarmed Muslim brothers who only came to lift his oppression, his disbelief, his tyranny and his might,".
- Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, link
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #267 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Not quite:

link

- Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, link
Actually, you're wrong. Everyone in power are actually reptilians from the constellation Draco, some of whom mated with humans to produce mutant offspring.

link

Quote:
I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it.
- David Icke
someonecompletelyrandom is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #268 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Not quite:

link
Having "suspected links to al-Qaeda affiliates" isn't the same thing as being al-Qaeda no matter how much you want it to be. The group responsible was Ansar al-Sharia, as stated in the very article you just linked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
- Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, link
Yes, there were people in al-Qaeda who didn't like Gaddafi. So what? The fact is that Gaddafi also threatened to form an alliance with them if the US attacked Libya. That's hardly what I'd describe as "opposing" them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now  
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #269 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 80
Default

The debate on foreign policy was quite repetitive and on numerous occasions sidetracked by "I create more jobs/better economy than you" stuff. Romney had toned it down quite a bit and was in agreement with Obama more often than not.

With regards to Afghanistan, there is no painless solution. It's going to take years, even a decade or more for a society scarred with theocratic bullying to recover from. It's commendable I would say, for the US to protect their women from rape and torture. This is of course not really the point since well, it isn't the only reason they're there for.

I find it funny that there are a few Gaddafi sympathizers and now wish that the US hadn't taken him out. This may seem unfair, but over the years, the onus has fallen on the US to remove tyrants and despots. I think Obama did a damn fine job at getting rid of this lunatic with so little casualties. Before Gaddafi's billion dollar PR campaign (which was a direct consequence of the Iraq war - scared him to bits that he might be next), this was the same guy who said he'd kill any Libyan dissident who dare to speak against him, anywhere in the world. And he did send out death squads on numerous occasions. The same guy who trained Charles Taylor and you be the judge on how that turned out. The same guy who had sponsored the IRA for bomb blasts in Britain, helped in raising militant islamist group in Philippines, a supporter and personal financier of Slobodan Milosevic even whilst he was going about this "ethnic cleansing" business. Tried unsuccessfully to annex neighboring states such as Algeria, Chad, Tunesia, Sudan and Egypt despite being repeatedly told to fuck off. The Janjaweed militiamen were some of his former soldiers, the consequences of which are in Darfur, Sudan. Rather work with the Libya we have now.
Hitch is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #270 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

In the U.S. election, what would a Mitt Romney win mean to women



Women would be crazy to vote for Romney. Basically you will get less pay than men, have absolutely no reproductive rights and would have to be raped to get an abortion. Sign me up!
Celladorina is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.