Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Buzz Killjoy
 
BastardofYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default

Ahhh, yeah. I get ya there.

Well, I hope that happens. I would hate to see this loophole just stay open and it become what it appears to be.

I see some of what I say is coming more from personal perspective, and some is heresay based on personal feeling. So I can see how I may appear to be a little uptight here.
__________________
last.fm

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
I don't see how pick up artists factor in this discussion
That's because you don't understand what rape culture is and how you, like almost all men in western society, play a role in actively perpetuating it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Buzz Killjoy
 
BastardofYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default

I see the update at the bottom of the article, which was not printed there when I first saw and posted the article.

Quote:
BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts lawmakers have approved legislation to crack down on those who secretly take photographs of ‘‘the sexual or other intimate parts’’ of women or children in public.

Thursday’s vote came a day after the state’s highest court ruled that a man who took cellphone photos up the skirts of female passengers riding the Boston subway didn’t violate state law.

The legislation says anyone who tries to photograph another person’s sexual or intimate parts without that person’s consent would face a maximum penalty of more than two years in jail and a $5,000 fine. The penalty would jump to five years in prison or a $10,000 fine if the victim is under 18.

Distributing such photos of a child is punishable by a $10,000 fine or 10 years in prison.
__________________
last.fm

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.

Last edited by BastardofYoung; 03-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
That's because you don't understand what rape culture is and how you, like almost all men in western society, play a role in actively perpetuating it.
I promise to visit tumblr later for more info but still dont see how pickup artists relate to upskirt pics
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Screwed by life
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house painted silver
Posts: 3,776
Default

Where is this ideal world you guys live in? i can't even hint women who choose what they wear have some responsibility in this without sounding like im pro-molesting, i mean it's gonna get to a point where women will go out in public practically naked and guys will have to look the other way to be politicallly correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre
When someone posts a news story about a guy snapping and murdering his wife, nobody reasonable starts saying "Well women should take precautions to protect themselves against their husbands because we all know this can happen". Why? Because we know that the ****ing guy snapping and murdering his wife is the one in the wrong.
Way to take things out of proportion to prove a point, we are not talking about a murderer here, hell not even a rapist just a perverted voyeur and i said he should be punished for it since my 1st post! >_<
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Where is this ideal world you guys live in? i can't even hint women who choose what they wear have some responsibility in this without sounding like im pro-molesting, i mean it's gonna get to a point where women will go out in public practically naked and guys will have to look the other way to be politicallly correct.



Way to take things out of proportion to prove a point, we are not talking about a murderer here, hell not even a rapist just a perverted voyeur and i said he should be punished for it since my 1st post! >_<
Welcome to this forum n pretty much the internet. Ppl reeeally start slidin down the slippery slope quickly
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Victim blaming at it's fucking finest, folks.

Yip exactly. I wear short skirts, especially after I bought 3 in one go a fortnight ago. I don't go around trying to flash anyone and don't wear them while it's windy. To take upskirt photos, you'd literally have to be right under them or passing them if they get out of a car. Either way, I would not appreciate it and I can charge said person, thanks to decent laws here.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Groupie
 
FishlessExistence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
Welcome to this forum n pretty much the internet. Ppl reeeally start slidin down the slippery slope quickly
It's weird that you say this, because he actually used a slippery slope fallacy in his post.
FishlessExistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
That's because you don't understand what rape culture is and how you, like almost all men in western society, play a role in actively perpetuating it.
Your argument isn't falsifiable.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.