Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 AM   #51 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I don't really get the public transportation question. I was dependent on public transportation for 14 years of my adult life and it doesn't mean I was underprivileged, it means I lived in cities where owning a car wasn't necessary.
You didn't have to rely on public transportation then. You chose to use it.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #52 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You didn't have to rely on public transportation then. You chose to use it.
That seems like a weird and illogical leap to make. If I needed to go somewhere, I was dependent on public transportation to take me there, I couldn't suddenly will a car into existence for myself. The fact is I couldn't have afforded to buy a car, pay insurance, pay for parking and still afford to pay my living expenses.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #53 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That seems like a weird and illogical leap to make. If I needed to go somewhere, I was dependent on public transportation to take me there, I couldn't suddenly will a car into existence for myself. The fact is I couldn't have afforded to buy a car, pay insurance, pay for parking and still afford to pay my living expenses.
This is what the question is geared towards gauging anyways. If you had the funds for a car and everything that goes along with it.

It's class status related.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #54 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
This is what the question is geared towards gauging anyways. If you had the funds for a car and everything that goes along with it.

It's class status related.
And my point is that it's a poorly phrased question. Being dependent on public transportation and living in Chicago isn't the same as being dependent on public transportation and living in some small town somewhere.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:31 AM   #55 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

I don't rely on public transport or have a car.
It's got nothing to do with status and everything to do with me being able to walk to most places in less than half an hour.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #56 (permalink)
Crusher of tiny Nords
 
Carpe Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ugly Bag of Mostly Water
Posts: 1,149
Default

I think we can all agree this quiz as bull**** as most are, and plenty of high privileged people score low while plenty of low privileged people score high.

So I'm gonna derail the thread for a minute because this is way more important to me, and everyone else who doesn't care how fortunate or unfortunate they are.

What Type of Dragon are you?

What Type of Dragon are you?
Your Result: Storm Dragon

85%

You are the turbulent and fierce Storm dragon. Oftentimes, the storm dragon can't make up it's mind, but luckily happens to be a good problem solver. Their friendships can be unsteady because of their ever-changing personalities, but a loyal friend will stay by their side. Storm dragons mainly live on high crags, and can fly in some of the most inclement weather conditions.

80%
Dark Dragon
78%
Light Dragon
77%
Ice Dragon
69%
Common Forest Dragon
59%
Fire Dragon
53%
Water Dragon
18%
Earth Dragon
__________________
[SIG][/SIG]
Mirth is King


Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #57 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I don't rely on public transport or have a car.
It's got nothing to do with status and everything to do with me being able to walk to most places in less than half an hour.
Could you afford a car though? If you could then you don't rely on public transportation in the way that the question is phrased and for the purpose of this quiz.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
And my point is that it's a poorly phrased question. Being dependent on public transportation and living in Chicago isn't the same as being dependent on public transportation and living in some small town somewhere.
Yes, having a better public transportation system is different in different areas but that doesn't matter when it comes to that question. It's easy to see that they were basically asking if you can afford a car but I guess you needed them to ask it directly.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #58 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Could you afford a car though? If you could then you don't rely on public transportation in the way that the question is phrased and for the purpose of this quiz.
And like Janzsoon pointed out the question is flawed because there is a huge difference between owning a car because you want one and owning a car because you need one.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #59 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
And like Janzsoon pointed out the question is flawed because there is a huge difference between owning a car because you want one and owning a car because you need one.
It isn't that terribly flawed because you would still own a car while others can't afford to even afford own one regardless of that minute detail.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #60 (permalink)
Crusher of tiny Nords
 
Carpe Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ugly Bag of Mostly Water
Posts: 1,149
Default

But what color dragon are you? Because whoever scores Common Forest Dragon is obviously the most truly underprivileged winner.
__________________
[SIG][/SIG]
Mirth is King


Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.