Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #101 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
It might be in public conscience because of media attention, but
to be fair persecution of Christians still exist in the world today.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with that -- I'm simply saying that people not sharing your beliefs is different than persecution.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #102 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,566
Default

No matter your religion, persecution is when your human rights are curtailed simply because of your religious affiliation.
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #103 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I don't think could be said (for example) of Syria, where 2.14 million people were forced to flew for the most part due to persecution. It isn't people who "just love to cry victim." They are victims.
i'm saying christians in america aren't feeling persecuted cause christians in islamic countries and christians in africa are actually persecuted. muslims are persecuted around the world as well, it's not something unique to christians. they are using the victim card to push their own religious agenda.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:36 AM   #104 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i'm saying christians in america aren't feeling persecuted cause christians in islamic countries and christians in africa are actually persecuted. muslims are persecuted around the world as well, it's not something unique to christians.
How do you know that Christians in America "aren't feeling persecuted cause christians in islamic countries and christians in africa are actually persecuted." It could be very well they have some amount of sympathy for them, and while they are not personally being physically persecuted they have an understanding that part of a larger group they identify with are being persecuted. While they are not the same exact problems Christians around the world face, American Christians feel what they face is part of a larger picture of anti-Christian sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
they are using the victim card to push their own religious agenda.
The Syrian Christians been practicing their religion for nearly two thousand years, I highly doubt recognizing the fact they were being persecuted as using a victim card or pushing an agenda.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:18 AM   #105 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,566
Default

I try to sympathize with persecuted Christians in Iraq and Syria, especially the women and children sold by the IS into sex slavery. This should happen to no one, regardless of religion.
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:09 AM   #106 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
How do you know that Christians in America "aren't feeling persecuted cause christians in islamic countries and christians in africa are actually persecuted."
simple common sense.
Quote:
It could be very well they have some amount of sympathy for them, and while they are not personally being physically persecuted they have an understanding that part of a larger group they identify with are being persecuted. While they are not the same exact problems Christians around the world face, American Christians feel what they face is part of a larger picture of anti-Christian sentiment.
feeling bad for someone else's persecution shouldn't give you the idea that you yourself are being persecuted, even if you identify as being a part of the same group as them in some sense. i might point to atheists being persecuted in islamic countries and cite that as a reason to believe that i am being persecuted for atheism in america. if i was desperate enough to whine about something, i might do that. but i don't have a fetish for victimhood, so i don't bother.
Quote:
The Syrian Christians been practicing their religion for nearly two thousand years, I highly doubt recognizing the fact they were being persecuted as using a victim card or pushing an agenda.
you really thought i was referring to the syrian christians with that sentence? i can never tell if you're trolling me, lol
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:54 AM   #107 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
persecution of just about any religious group can probably be found somewhere in the world. people just love to cry victim

oooo! And being a martyr too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:02 AM   #108 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

christians are sort of encouraged to be martyrs by their masochistic savior so i can sorta understand why.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #109 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Shut up^ and eat my flesh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 AM   #110 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

i would take that bait but it would feel like winning the special olympics to me. i need a more competitive sport.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.