Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
The government and big business obviously.

I was talking to Larehip
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #52 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
But we don't care about that because the media doesn't shove it down our throats all day with movies and books and songs and articles about it. The Chinese-Americans, after all, don't run our media.
Germany was a world wide threat, the United Nations was formed in an effort to make sure nothing like that happens again, the very least we could do is make sure that whole nazi thing isn't forgotten. You can wear whatever symbol you want but people are going to question it, if you're only doing it for ****s and giggles or just to be offensive then congrats, you'll probably offend someone.
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #53 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 895
Default

Ah, I see. So if a country isn't this "world wide threat" then it doesn't matter how many millions they kill. Sorry, can't help being offensive.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:59 AM   #54 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Ah, I see. So if a country isn't this "world wide threat" then it doesn't matter how many millions they kill. Sorry, can't help being offensive.
Lemme try this again.. maybe I won't get ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
But we don't care about that because the media doesn't shove it down our throats all day with movies and books and songs and articles about it.
It's not that they don't care, there just isn't enough time nor does anyone have enough energy to stand for everything they believe in. Sooo, they pick the things most popular/relevant(generally dictated by the media) and make heads roll.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
It's not that they don't care, there just isn't enough time nor does anyone have enough energy to stand for everything they believe in. Sooo, they pick the things most popular/relevant(generally dictated by the media) and make heads roll.
That's the same thing as saying they don't care. If they cared, it would be on their minds. If it isn't then how much can they possibly care? Because the media told them they must care. Isn't that exactly the point I've been making??

This is aside from the fact that opposition to the swastika is a first amendment issue because if I cannot publicly display one without being attacked either verbally or physically regardless of why I am displaying it then that is censorship--plain and simple. If you favor stigmatizing (read as censoring) the swastika then you may as well favor replacing "n-igger" with "slave" in "Huck Finn" and putting parental advisory stickers on CDs. You may as well admit that the people who tried to ban Burroughs' "Naked Lunch" had a point. The displaying of a swastika in public is, in fact, far less harmful than any of these other instances that liberals would immediately jump up to defend.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #56 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

And if same gendered couples can marry then soon people will wanna marry their dogs. Drawing lines like that is just silly dude, everything is it's own case.

Anyways, millions of people died in some of the worst ways human beings have ever died under a flag with a swastika on it. Why is it so frustrating to you that someone would be upset by seeing such a symbol? Yeah, you might be wearing it because you choose to interpret it as something else but other people shouldn't be expected to do the same. The fact is, swastikas are now and forever associated with human tragedy and people have every right to see it that way.
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #57 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
That's the same thing as saying they don't care. If they cared, it would be on their minds. If it isn't then how much can they possibly care? Because the media told them they must care. Isn't that exactly the point I've been making??

This is aside from the fact that opposition to the swastika is a first amendment issue because if I cannot publicly display one without being attacked either verbally or physically regardless of why I am displaying it then that is censorship--plain and simple. If you favor stigmatizing (read as censoring) the swastika then you may as well favor replacing "n-igger" with "slave" in "Huck Finn" and putting parental advisory stickers on CDs. You may as well admit that the people who tried to ban Burroughs' "Naked Lunch" had a point. The displaying of a swastika in public is, in fact, far less harmful than any of these other instances that liberals would immediately jump up to defend.
Honestly, you're pushing people's buttons by making light of the symbol, as though people don't have a right to be offended by it because it "used" to be used by other civilizations in a positive form. At the end of the day, most people will be upset about it because it represents the most evil of human nature because of the Nazi regime during WWII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
And if same gendered couples can marry then soon people will wanna marry their dogs. Drawing lines like that is just silly dude, everything is it's own case.

Anyways, millions of people died in some of the worst ways human beings have ever died under a flag with a swastika on it. Why is it so frustrating to you that someone would be upset by seeing such a symbol? Yeah, you might be wearing it because you choose to interpret it as something else but other people shouldn't be expected to do the same. The fact is, swastikas are now and forever associated with human tragedy and people have every right to see it that way.
Exactly. The sooner Larehip gets it the better this thread will get.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:45 AM   #58 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
That's the same thing as saying they don't care. If they cared, it would be on their minds. If it isn't then how much can they possibly care? Because the media told them they must care. Isn't that exactly the point I've been making??
How often does someone have to have a given topic on their mind to justify them caring? You seem to be asking of us what isn't humanly possible.

I don't donate to any causes. To steal from a famous quote, I try my best "to be the change I want to see", and to me that is plenty. I support the fight against animal cruelty by not beating animals. I don't think about it regularly or contribute in any other way. That doesn't mean I don't care.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:22 AM   #59 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
This is aside from the fact that opposition to the swastika is a first amendment issue because if I cannot publicly display one without being attacked either verbally or physically regardless of why I am displaying it then that is censorship--plain and simple. If you favor stigmatizing (read as censoring) the swastika then you may as well favor replacing "n-igger" with "slave" in "Huck Finn" and putting parental advisory stickers on CDs. You may as well admit that the people who tried to ban Burroughs' "Naked Lunch" had a point. The displaying of a swastika in public is, in fact, far less harmful than any of these other instances that liberals would immediately jump up to defend.
the first amendment gives you the right to freedom of expression. it doesn't dictate how people will react to your expression. if someone physically attacks you for it then that is illegal. if they just get offended and call you a racist dick then that is not. your rights are not being violated here.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:42 PM   #60 (permalink)
Groupie
 
St.Roostifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Uranus. No dumbass, the planet!
Posts: 9
Default

I'm not really into symbols and stuff but I agree with the poster that started this thread. Modern people do not know history worth a ****. This symbol has been used by many ancient cultures and most weren't even white. Yet our history books leave out this tid bit of info to solely focus our attention on Nazi Germany that made it such a horrible thing. The swastica did not commit the crimes of Nazi Germany, Nazi Germany did.

Before Nazi Germany, the swastica was known as a sign of peace and prosperity ( its why Hitler chose it, likely propanganda) but because modern humans have been dumbed down by their government , history books, the media etc, so people associate with something horrible despite its origins that predate Nazi Germany by thousands of years.

Essentially, people have been brain washed. Nothing new really since this has been going on forever. I'm not advocating running around with a swastica on the front of your T-shirt, just to recognize that one ******* has imprinted the wrong association with this symbol. A symbol that truly stands for peace and prosperity and not what Nazi Germany used it for.
St.Roostifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.