Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Are aliens a thing?
Without a doubt. 6 31.58%
I don't know. 5 26.32%
Nope. 2 10.53%
Go home, Lady, you're drunk. 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #101 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
where in batlord's post did he attribute this 'argument' to you?

he was using your post as a platform to expound with his own ideas and take a couple side jabs at lil.

you will not defeat me, frownland. i learned how to logic in public school.
Saying "strawman" is to pseudo-intellectual college kids what "CIS" is to tumblr feminists. It's just word crack to them and they can't help but say it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #102 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

^Those pesky ass logical motherfuckers.

@JWB When I said this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Whenever you talk about ****ing someone I just kind of jump to that conclusion.
He said this

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Cause when she's sober she sure as hell wouldn't **** anyone.
So where exactly in my post did I say she would never fuck anyone sober? Nowhere. Strawman. Or is posting about fucking someone the same as actually fucking someone? If that's the case I want to bang Heather Graham. I did misword it a little bit when I asked this question before though.

Wait, why am I explaining this to you? We've been down this road before and you can't seem to understand whichever wiki page you read about strawman fallacies
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #103 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,721
Default

Oh please. That strawman is just a strawman for the real strawman.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #104 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So where exactly in my post did I say she would never fuck anyone sober? Nowhere. Strawman. Or is posting about fucking someone the same as actually fucking someone? If that's the case I want to bang Heather Graham. I did misword it a little bit when I asked this question before though.

Wait, why am I explaining this to you? We've been down this road before and you can't seem to understand whichever wiki page you read about strawman fallacies
You do realize I wasn't sarcastically disagreeing with you, right? I have to be disagreeing with you for it to be a strawman.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #105 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
^Those pesky ass logical motherfuckers.

@JWB When I said this



He said this



So where exactly in my post did I say she would never fuck anyone sober? Nowhere. Strawman. Or is posting about fucking someone the same as actually fucking someone? If that's the case I want to bang Heather Graham. I did misword it a little bit when I asked this question before though.

Wait, why am I explaining this to you? We've been down this road before and you can't seem to understand whichever wiki page you read about strawman fallacies


so cause he replied to your post, you assume he was trying to represent your argument?

he can't just reply to your post with his own thoughts?

come one frownland, you know i'm right
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #106 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You do realize I wasn't sarcastically disagreeing with you, right? I have to be disagreeing with you for it to be a strawman.
Do you really or are you moving the goalposts now?

Oooh ja, a fallacy within a fallacy. That makes me hard.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #107 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Do you really or are you moving the goalposts now?

Oooh ja, a fallacy within a fallacy. That makes me hard.
from wikipedia:

Quote:
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

so to answer your question: yes. not only does he have to disagree with you, he has to attribute those statements to your argument. neither of which were implicit in his post.

frownland loses
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #108 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

Bro now you're strawmanning the definition of a strawman argument.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #109 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

bro i'm just applying my wiki wisdom to crush your psuedo-logic
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #110 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,721
Default

Guys, these strawmen are getting out of hand. They must be burned.

__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.