Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #1771 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I said political motivation for going public. Not political motivation for re-opening the case.

If Comey follows proper Justice Department protocols he potentially gets into serious hot water with the GOP and most likely gets fired.

By not following protocol his only potential problem will be with the DNC.

Can't make it any more black and white than that. That's the very definition of covering your ass.
His motivation for going public is most likely the result of him cracking under the pressure of having to reopen a criminal investigation on a candidate that is about to be elected President, not because he is a Republican. I would not want that pressure, and I am sure that he wishes the new evidence had not materialized.

Nevertheless, public or not, the fact remains that Hillary Clinton is currently under criminal investigation by the FBI for breaking the rules on national security. She put herself there, and if she is found innocent she will be cleared of the charges, so long as new evidence does not arise.
William_the_Bloody is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 02:18 PM   #1772 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
His motivation for going public is most likely the result of him cracking under the pressure of having to reopen a criminal investigation on a candidate that is about to be elected President, not because he is a Republican.
Bull****. You're proving to be very naive when it comes to politics. His boss had already advised him not to go public. So he ignores his boss because he's under pressure? Don't be so obtuse.

He looked at all of his options based on how the election might turn out and chose the option that's the least potentially damaging to his career - even though it went against his boss and his departments long standing protocols.

Let's move on to something else.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #1773 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Bull****. You're proving to be very naive when it comes to politics. His boss had already advised him not to go public. So he ignores his boss because he's under pressure? Don't be so obtuse.

He looked at all of his options based on how the election might turn out and chose the option that's the least potentially damaging to his career - even though it went against his boss and his departments long standing protocols.

Let's move on to something else.
Yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with him being Republican. Some people make bad decisions under pressure. The route he has just taken is probably the most damaging to his career, not the least.

For what it's worth, I am doubtful the new evidence will show a smoking gun, but they have obviously found something of merit, to reopen the case.

So as it stands now, Hillary Clinton is currently under criminal investigation by the FBI for breaking the rules on national security, if she found innocent, she will cleared of the charges, unless new evidence arises.
William_the_Bloody is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 02:52 PM   #1774 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with him being Republican.
Again, you are being naive. Why is bad for his career? Explain that one to me.

- If Clinton wins he's OK with the GOP for breaking the news before the election.

- If Clinton loses he's a hero to the GOP for influencing the election
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #1775 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Again, you are being naive. Why is bad for his career? Explain that one to me.

- If Clinton wins he's OK with the GOP for breaking the news before the election.

- If Clinton loses he's a hero to the GOP for influencing the election
Wouldn't his career be over. I mean I doubt any Republicans are going to be like, "they fired you? Come here, I'll give you a job." Unless something was worked with someone before hand behind the scenes.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #1776 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Wouldn't his career be over. I mean I doubt any Republicans are going to be like, "they fired you? Come here, I'll give you a job." Unless something was worked with someone before hand behind the scenes.
If Trump wins and they find nothing in the emails he will most likely be asked to step down (get fired) by The Department of Justice because there will be a massive outcry by the middle and the left that Comey acted in a partisan way to affect the election outcome.

In Clinton wins he'll escape unscathed although his reputation will take a hit.

Uh oh. The plot thickens. It's been uncovered that the FBI has had the emails since the beginning of the month yet Comey waited 4 weeks before going public?

Quote:
Suddenly, the figure at the center of the 2016 presidential race isn't even running for office.

James Comey's revelation Friday that the bureau is reviewing newly discovered emails that might be linked to Hillary Clinton's private server made the FBI director's unusual actions the focus on Sunday news programs and on the campaign trail.
The new emails were found weeks ago, law enforcement officials told CNN Sunday. But the FBI didn't disclose them until Friday, raising questions about why the information was kept under wraps and then released just days before the election.
Clinton's allies lambasted Comey -- characterizing him as inappropriately acting outside Justice Department protocol and against the wishes of his superiors -- as they sought to shame him into revealing more details about what, exactly, the FBI has discovered.
"He might have taken the first step of actually having looked at them (the emails) before he did this in the middle of a presidential campaign, so close to the voting," said Clinton's campaign chairman.

Last edited by Chula Vista; 10-30-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #1777 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,499
Default

If Trump wins there's no telling what the FBI will get up to. They'll be like children in a candy store with all the confusion and corruption.
OccultHawk is online now  
Old 10-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #1778 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Wouldn't his career be over. I mean I doubt any Republicans are going to be like, "they fired you? Come here, I'll give you a job." Unless something was worked with someone before hand behind the scenes.
Unless they find something of considerable merit his career as the director of the FBI is probably over, and he will be pressured into stepping down. I can only imagine the pressure for his removal that will come once (if) Hillary wins the Presidency.

For the sake of his career he should have stayed silent, but personally I believe that Americans have the right to know if a Presidential candidate is getting criminally examined by the FBI, be they Republican or Democrat.
William_the_Bloody is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 05:31 PM   #1779 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Two weeks away and we have a Presidential candidate under criminal investigation by the FBI! Crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
This is about the FBI completing a criminal investigation on a candidate who broke the rules regarding national security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Public information or not, Hillary is under criminal investigation for breaking the rules on national security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
What is relevant is that Hillary Clinton is currently under criminal investigation for breaking the rules on national security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Public or not the fact remains that Hillary Clinton is currently under criminal investigation by the FBI for breaking the rules on national security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Nevertheless, public or not, the fact remains that Hillary Clinton is currently under criminal investigation by the FBI for breaking the rules on national security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
So as it stands now, Hillary Clinton is currently under criminal investigation by the FBI for breaking the rules on national security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
For the sake of his career he should have stayed silent, but personally I believe that Americans have the right to know if a Presidential candidate is getting criminally examined by the FBI.
Dude, I think we get your point. The point your missing though is that those protocols are in place for a very important reason. An election result should never look like it may have been influenced by the US Department of Justice.

And to be fair, anyone voting next Tuesday knows that Clinton has been under investigation for one thing or another for the past 20 years.

The other interesting thing is that all of the news shows and headlines today are way more about what Comey did and less about the investigation or emails themselves. That should tell you something. The dude messed up big time by bringing attention to this just 11 days before the election. Bottom line.

He injected the US Department of Justice into the election in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs left in the game.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 10-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #1780 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Dude, I think we get your point. The point your missing though is that those protocols are in place for a very important reason. An election result should never look like it may have been influenced by the US Department of Justice.

And to be fair, anyone voting next Tuesday knows that Clinton has been under investigation for one thing or another for the past 20 years.

The other interesting thing is that all of the news shows and headlines today are way more about what Comey did and less about the investigation or emails themselves. That should tell you something. The dude messed up big time by bringing attention to this just 11 days before the election. Bottom line.

He injected the US Department of Justice into the election in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs left in the game.
The FBI has launched another criminal probe into Hillary Clinton, public or not, that is all that matters now. She put herself in this situation. Do you think Comey wants to deal with this on the eve of Presidential election, of course not, it is career suicide.

You are pissed that it went public because your a pom pom cheerleader for Hillary Clinton, if it was Trump you would be praising Comey right now, bottom line.
William_the_Bloody is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.