Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #211 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
^Planescape factions ftw

But it's Doomguard, not Doomsguard.
Haha thanks, been two decades or something init
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:25 PM   #212 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,856
Default

Come over to my house on Sundays. We'll have an adventure in Sigil!
__________________
Zhanteimi

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #213 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Sweet! I never actually played it. I had the box set and read it a bunch but everyone always wanted to do shadow run or rifts

@1blankmind
My serious answer got bumped out so I'll repost it here so you don't think I'm just being a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
My stances: I don't really know whether more or less government is bad, I have no clue how the ecolony works. I don't know how necessary war is. People shouldn't be cents to each other.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:29 PM   #214 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
My stances: I don't really know own whether more or less government is bad, I have no clue how the ecolony works. I don't know how necessary war is. People shouldn't be cents to each other.
Ok. Well, it's good that you're able to admit to what you're not knowledgeable bout. Respect.
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #215 (permalink)
defiler of restrooms
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 41,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
My stances: I don't really know own whether more or less government is bad, I have no clue how the ecolony works. I don't know how necessary war is. People shouldn't be cents to each other.
Pretty much my opinion exactly. I can never justify American imperialism to anyone who isn't an American, but... without some kind of military something or other... wouldn't it just be chaos? I know it's easy to say that as a citizen of the imperialist country, but... in some form or another... even if it's not how America practices imperialism... is it so out of the realm of conception that the Roman Empire isn't in some way beneficial?

Again, I can't justify that to a non-American, cause it's bull**** that it may or may not have to be us, but if it does have to be somebody, then it is us. Maybe in ten or twenty years it'll be China, but it's not right now.

I say this as someone who's just indifferent to everything at large rather than someone who's weighed and measured all the political realities, so take that as you will. I'm not really willing to defend it if anyone can respond with anything reasonably good.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #216 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Pretty much my opinion exactly. I can never justify American imperialism to anyone who isn't an American, but... without some kind of military something or other... wouldn't it just be chaos? I know it's easy to say that as a citizen of the imperialist country, but... in some form or another... even if it's not how America practices imperialism... is it so out of the realm of conception that the Roman Empire isn't in some way beneficial?

Again, I can't justify that to a non-American, cause it's bull**** that it may or may not have to be us, but if it does have to be somebody, then it is us. Maybe in ten or twenty years it'll be China, but it's not right now.

I say this as someone who's just indifferent to everything at large rather than someone who's weighed and measured all the political realities, so take that as you will. I'm not really willing to defend it if anyone can respond with anything reasonably good.
What imperialism are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about modern imperialism?
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #217 (permalink)
defiler of restrooms
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 41,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
What imperialism are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about modern imperialism?
American imperialism. Our bases in Germany and Japan for no justifiable reason. Our invasion of Iraq. Our presence in South America and far more places than we have any right to be in.

We're basically the new British Empire. The Thin Red Line. An empire that is based on a million bases in far flung parts of the world that are territorially weak but strategically important.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #218 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
American imperialism. Our bases in Germany and Japan for no justifiable reason.
Some would argue that our military presence in Japan is justified, because if we weren't here, all the nations once under the tender mercies of the Japanese in the Co-Prosperity Sphere would attack Japan. There is still a lot of anti-Japanese sentiment in Asia.
__________________
Zhanteimi

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:43 PM   #219 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
American imperialism. Our bases in Germany and Japan for no justifiable reason. Our invasion of Iraq. Our presence in South America and far more places than we have any right to be in.

We're basically the new British Empire. The Thin Red Line. An empire that is based on a million bases in far flung parts of the world that are territorially weak but strategically important.
Ok. I had never really thought of that as imperialism. A lot of those bases double in use as our ambassador buildings. Not to mention it's hard to explain. Some of the reasons we're given for those bases is bul****. In all actuality the reason is classified.
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 11:40 PM   #220 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Bum the pressure'as on Sanders to fold. I'm hoping he'll hold out on the endorsement to demand changes to the superdelegate system...but at this point it seems unlikely.

House Democrats boo Bernie Sanders in contentious meeting - CNNPolitics.com
William_the_Bloody is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.