Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #221 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
you may want to look into the proofs of gravity. there are none. there is a claim that one exists - "gravity waves" - but it's pretty sketchy. you can look at all the math you want. gravity is a theory, and it's fairly well known. it's so all pervasive because without it we would fall off the ball. kind of a funny coincidence, really.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #222 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,406
Default

Literally, any of the questions you are asking can be answered in 10th grade astronomy class.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #223 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Literally, any of the questions you are asking can be answered in 10th grade astronomy class.
well answer them then. you have the internet at your fingertips. it should be easy.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #224 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
well answer them then. you have the internet at your fingertips. it should be easy.
Why bother? Like Janz said, it's far too easy and should be something people should already know if they went through high school. Not our problem if you couldn't pass astronomy.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #225 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

haha. it seems it's a lot easier to talk about how easy it is.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #226 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
haha. it seems it's a lot easier to talk about how easy it is.
Well, because something like this should be common sense if you've done any form of research on astronomy and space. It's been laid out time and time again, so it's your own ignorance that blinds you.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #227 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
you may want to look into the proofs of gravity. there are none. there is a claim that one exists - "gravity waves" - but it's pretty sketchy. you can look at all the math you want. gravity is a theory, and it's fairly well known. it's so all pervasive because without it we would fall off the ball. kind of a funny coincidence, really.
Again, go outside and explain why you do not float off into the sky.



It's pretty ****ing dense to purposely act dense just for the sake of maintaining a stupid claim.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #228 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Well, because something like this should be common sense if you've done any form of research on astronomy and space. It's been laid out time and time again, so it's your own ignorance that blinds you.
i can certainly admit to ignorance. i could even base this thread on my own ignorance. i'm not so arrogant as to assume i even remember everything i've ever learned.

but if it's all so obvious, you should be able to very easily provide be an example of a gaseous, closed system existing without any barrier between it and a vacuous expanse.

my ignorance - the root of my curiosity - is what brought me to these questions, and i found it's not as easy as i'd thought it should be. all this being said, it should be remembered that ignorance can take many forms, and if you wish to be above ignorance yourself - which would give you licence to call me ignorant - you should probably prove it, as it's a hefty claim.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #229 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Again, go outside and explain why you do not float off into the sky.



It's pretty ****ing dense to purposely act dense just for the sake of maintaining a stupid claim.
it's funny you should say "dense" so much, because if earth is flat, density, buoyancy and electromagnetism can be held accountable for what we refer to as "mass." the only reason we need gravity is to explain why we don't fly off the ball.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #230 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i can certainly admit to ignorance. i could even base this thread on my own ignorance. i'm not so arrogant as to assume i even remember everything i've ever learned.

but if it's all so obvious, you should be able to very easily provide be an example of a gaseous, closed system existing without any barrier between it and a vacuous expanse.
That's the thing, I shouldn't have to provide it, as per it being obvious. Perhaps ignorant wasn't the right word, but all the questions you are asking are questions that I remember being on the final exam for Astronomy class. Maybe i'm ignorant or blinded, but you're throwing around claims about Earth and its surrounding elements that have been debunked time and time again.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.