Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #231 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
you should probably prove it, as it's a hefty claim.
It's scientific theory, of which there are many. After Einstein developed his Theory of Relativity the scientific community have taken gravity as fact even though it can't really be proven.

If I tell you that water is wet would you ask me to prove it?

Again, don't be dense just for the sake of maintaining a stupid talking point.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #232 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
That's the thing, I shouldn't have to provide it, as per it being obvious. Perhaps ignorant wasn't the right word, but all the questions you are asking are questions that I remember being on the final exam for Astronomy class. Maybe i'm ignorant or blinded, but you're throwing around claims about Earth and its surrounding elements that have been debunked time and time again.
well, why are you participating in the thread? i'm looking to see two things here. one is if people actually have any idea how they came to believe we live on a ball flying through space at a gajillion miles an hour. the other is if the earth is - as i suspect - flat.

there is no shortage of people willing to enlighten me with phrases such as "the earth is not flat." believe me. it's just redundant to inundate threads like this with such unoriginal lines. so, enlighten me with facts. show me what i asked to see. otherwise, i can only assume that - like me - you are not able to do so.

the reason i'm asking for an example of a gaseous system existing within a vacuous expanse without the aid of a barrier is because as far as i can find, there is no other example of this other than earth. i'm not claiming this is a reason - in and of itself - to believe the earth is flat either. i'm just taking this one step at a time.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #233 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
well, why are you participating in the thread? i'm looking to see two things here. one is if people actually have any idea how they came to believe we live on a ball flying through space at a gajillion miles an hour. the other is if the earth is - as i suspect - flat.
Let's see:

Astronauts
Moon landing
Astronomy class
Common sense

Read a damn book. Again, this theory has been debunked so many times it's hard to count. You're continuous interest in this is mind boggling.

Quote:
the reason i'm asking for an example of a gaseous system existing within a vacuous expanse without the aid of a barrier is because as far as i can find, there is no other example of this other than earth. i'm not claiming this is a reason - in and of itself - to believe the earth is flat either. i'm just taking this one step at a time.
If you believe the earth is in fact flat, you really are as dense as Chula claims.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #234 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
It's scientific theory, of which there are many. After Einstein developed his Theory of Relativity the scientific community have taken gravity as fact even though it can't really be proven.

If I tell you that water is wet would you ask me to prove it?

Again, don't be dense just for the sake of maintaining a stupid talking point.
admitting gravity can't be proven is good.

no, i wouldn't ask you to prove water is wet because i can prove it myself. i don't require faith in doctrines to know that it is wet.

i am dense and i can't do anything about it. it's why i'm stuck to the ground.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #235 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

i'll just wait for someone with a little more conviction, i think.

the question, again, is as follows:

can a situation or experiment be cited as evidence that an enclosed system of gases can exist within a vacuous surrounding without a barrier or seal?
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:16 PM   #236 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

The larger an object the stronger it's gravitational pull. That's all there really is to it. That's the theory.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #237 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Let's see:

Astronauts
Moon landing
Astronomy class
Common sense

Read a damn book. Again, this theory has been debunked so many times it's hard to count. You're continuous interest in this is mind boggling.

If you believe the earth is in fact flat, you really are as dense as Chula claims.
actually, i won't opt out of this because it's actually relevant. i just didn't see it at first.

astronots, on a flat earth, cannot exist as we believe them to. the entire space program exists to fake the globe earth, and funnel billions of tax dollars.

moon landing: see above.

astronomy class: if the earth is flat, it should be fairly evident what vast efforts would have to be put forth to get the whole world to believe it. the education system would logically have to be an essential part of that.

common sense: common sense can be created in at least two ways. one is trauma-based learning, wherein students are punished for failure to adapt to ideas that do not come naturally to them. the other is observation, wherein we see what we know with our eyes and other sense. in the second instance, theoretical physics does not exist, and the earth appears flat.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #238 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
actually, i won't opt out of this because it's actually relevant. i just didn't see it at first.

astronots, on a flat earth, cannot exist as we believe them to. the entire space program exists to fake the globe earth, and funnel billions of tax dollars.

moon landing: see above.

astronomy class: if the earth is flat, it should be fairly evident what vast efforts would have to be put forth to get the whole world to believe it. the education system would logically have to be an essential part of that.

common sense: common sense can be created in at least two ways. one is trauma-based learning, wherein students are punished for failure to adapt to ideas that do not come naturally to them. the other is observation, wherein we see what we know with our eyes and other sense. in the second instance, theoretical physics does not exist, and the earth appears flat.
K. I'm done. This is ****ing stupid.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #239 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
actually, i won't opt out of this because it's actually relevant. i just didn't see it at first.

astronots, on a flat earth, cannot exist as we believe them to. the entire space program exists to fake the globe earth, and funnel billions of tax dollars.

moon landing: see above.

astronomy class: if the earth is flat, it should be fairly evident what vast efforts would have to be put forth to get the whole world to believe it. the education system would logically have to be an essential part of that.

common sense: common sense can be created in at least two ways. one is trauma-based learning, wherein students are punished for failure to adapt to ideas that do not come naturally to them. the other is observation, wherein we see what we know with our eyes and other sense. in the second instance, theoretical physics does not exist, and the earth appears flat.
Humour me. Where would this money go? Why has no investigator ever noticed billion... or is it trillions? Being smuggled out of NASA?
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #240 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Humour me. Where would this money go? Why has no investigator ever noticed billion... or is it trillions? Being smuggled out of NASA?
i lay no claims to knowledge of that, but i would guess it's military science and propaganda.

the investigators, i would suspect, can only get so close. there are lots of ways to launder money, especially if you are part of the organization who owns the law.

it doesn't really matter if i'm correct or not. not to me anyway.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.