Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #261 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Did you bother to read both articles? The reason it works here on earth is based on a few principles that couldn't be replicated in an experiment. (1) The size/mass of the planet, (2) The speed at which it revolves. (3) The space around us is curved.
no. i didn't read the articles, because i understand that there exists theoretical mathematics to describe these things. keep in mind, if the earth is flat, everything you think you know about the universe is based completely on falsities.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
The reason why Mars doesn't have an atmosphere is because it's mass and speed results in a gravitational pull that's not strong enough to entrap one. If you weighed 150 pounds here on earth you'd only weigh 57 pounds on Mars. Same thing with the moon. I'm sure you've seen the videos of astronauts bouncing around on the moon like they were rubber balls.
i have never been to mars, and space tourism will forever be a pipe dream like it has been since we supposedly landed on the moon the first time. in fact, only about 560ish people are on record as having been to space. that's not a lot of actors to pay/threaten/control. if universal studios (or whoever did it) can make a movie like transformers, i think an infinitely funded "Nasa Studios" could make some people bounce around on your television screen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Re: Flat Earth
How much proof do you need? Do you believe we orbit around the sun? Do you believe the earth rotates? After all, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west for a reason, right? And why when the earth partially blocks sunlight from reaching a portion of the moon is the shadow an arc?
actually, the proof needed - in my eyes - is one of two things, and they're both real simple. one would be space tourism. to me, there should be a hotel on the moon by now. so many other things have been accomplished in the time since we first went there, and not much of it has anything to do with practical space travel. we get images and theories, and that's pretty much it. the second thing is a video taken from a camera looking down from a spacecraft as it launches and continuously records the ground fading out as the spacecraft exits earth's atmosphere and goes out far enough to see the whole earth. we've sent plenty of things into space, and this relatively simple task has not been accomplished.

the contemporary flat earth hypothesis says the sun and moon and stars rotate around the earth. the moon and sun are 3000-4000 miles away and are about 32 miles in diameter. it's all a clock, and the moon is self-luminous. the earth does not move.


Quote:
Have you ever watched a large ship sail away from a port? Explain why it slowly disappears over the horizon the further it moves away from you.

Have you ever flown across an ocean? A 747 cruises at about 45,000 feet. You can easily see the arc of the planet from that height.

You can even see it from much lower too.

ships going over the horizon is a broad topic. a whole thread could be devoted to it. but pertaining to what you're talking about it, your argument falls apart when you pull a telescope out after the ship has disappeared to your naked eye, and it magically comes back into view. this is a replicable experiment. the reason it appears to shrink as it moves away is because we see things in perspective. all things shrink as they move away from the observer. hold your finger an inch from your eye and then move it to arm's length.

and no, i haven't been across an ocean. but i know that the earth appears 100% flat at 122,000 feet. the image you posted was taken through a fisheye lens, my friend.




Quote:
Maintaining a belief that the earth is flat is beyond stupid and ignorant. Unlike the atmosphere and gravity the earth being a sphere has been a proven fact for over 5,000 years.

Look up Hellenistic Astronomy.

Last edited by P A N; 11-06-2016 at 04:38 PM.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #262 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,689
Default

I already explained that the only reason we went to the moon in the first place was because our rivalry with Russia. We stopped after that because the government lost all interest. Nobody with enough money to fund a program to put hotels in space had any interest in doing so because the financial benefits did not out weigh the costs. That is why we don't have space stations and **** like we should. Incompetence, and greedy politics. Listen to any scientist rant on about it because they will.

And also, that's why I wouldn't put forth the effort to post proof of the Earth being round. Because you will make up complete bull**** to dismiss it. Claim it's CGI. Claim it's a fish lens. But you can't prove either of those claims.

That's the problem with conspiracy theories. You have information A and you have information C and you have to fill in your ideas for information B with little to no evidence supporting it. Except, with this one you have information A B and C and you're trying to shove your D in there with the complete denial of information B. And with that, your pseudo science and logic can F off.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #263 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i know what the horizon is. but on a globe, it has a distance relative to the observer and the observer's height.

also, no person ever has seen the curvature of the earth from the shore.

so the question remains: how far is the horizon?
Well, it seem that way standing on the Jersey shore looking out at the Atlantic Ocean.


https://www.quora.com/At-what-altitu...e-of-the-Earth

Is Earth Actually Flat? (by VSauce)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #264 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Anybody that says they can see the curvature of the Earth is full of ****, you can't see it from the earth and you most likely won't even see it from a plane, not in a house with a mouse or a box with a fox. You have to be extremely high up into the air to finally see the curvature from the earth. That's because the earth is huge, much much much much much bigger than our puny selves can take in.
Sure you can. People have observed ships disappearing over the horizon for centuries. The horizon line we see is created by the fact that the surface of the Earth is curving away from the observer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #265 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

P A N = Troll.

Let's stop feeding him and maybe he'll go away.

Next he'll claim that the International Space Station is a hoax too.

Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #266 (permalink)
The Grammer King
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,735
Default

That actually looks flat as ****.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #267 (permalink)
Midnight Rolls Around
 
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 4,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
P A N = Troll.

Let's stop feeding him and maybe he'll go away.

Next he'll claim that the International Space Station is a hoax too.

Isn't it? Think about it.
__________________
I DON"T SMOKE CRACK MUDAFUCKKKA I SELL IIIIT!!!

YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #268 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Sure you can. People have observed ships disappearing over the horizon for centuries. The horizon line we see is created by the fact that the surface of the Earth is curving away from the observer.
That's not what I meant...
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #269 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Sure you can. People have observed ships disappearing over the horizon for centuries. The horizon line we see is created by the fact that the surface of the Earth is curving away from the observer.
They mean the horizon curving... horizontally.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #270 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
That's not what I meant...
It's what I meant though. I assumed you were making that comment at least in part toward me. If not, my bad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.