Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #671 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i just got out of the shower, and mistakenly read this.

the difference between yours and his is that he brought up the fact that the tail of a comet isn't behind it. it is based on its position relative to the sun. he must have saw the flaw in my thinking for what it was, which was that i was thinking the sun should have a tail because it is supposed to be moving. i was seeing the tail of the comet as being the result of its movement through space. i was incorrect. your argument was that the sun and comets are different in composition/substance/state, and because of that, their movements through space appear different. your argument - like mine - assumed the comet to have a tail which was indeed a tail. the tail follows the comet. janzs' argument throws that out the window.
No, you misunderstand me. If my argument was wrong, then logically Janzs' must have been wrong too.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #672 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
No, you misunderstand me. If my argument was wrong, then logically Janzs' must have been wrong too.
why? elaborate.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #673 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
why? elaborate.
Well since his argument had a point, and mine had a point, aren't they the same point?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #674 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Awww... im still high and bored

Frown you wanna argue about vaccines and human rights violations?
Take it to the Trump thread. We're on about vaccines in there.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #675 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Well since his argument had a point, and mine had a point, aren't they the same point?
no. they aren't. i'm done with this point, so if anyone else would like to step in and clear up whatever semantic misfiring i've made in describing the difference between Janzs's argument and Frownie's, feel free. you don't have to be a flat earther to do it.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #676 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
no. they aren't. i'm done with this point, so if anyone else would like to step in and clear up whatever semantic misfiring i've made in describing the difference between Janzs's argument and Frownie's, feel free. you don't have to be a flat earther to do it.
no apologies necessary. you and i just think differently. and i'm afraid i don't know how to further exemplify the logic. i say i should be right, because janzsoon's comment has people commenting on how right and stuff it is. the fact that people think he's right is common knowledge in my books (at least in the MB sphere) and i don't really understand what else you need to comprehend this besides opening your mind up. you're saying my point is wrong because it is. and because it's wrong, it means that janzsoons argument and mine are different. i'm saying that's not logical because we know enough about them to know of the similarities, and despite those similarities, we can see that they are obviously behaving very differently. you think they are dissimilar, and i can live with that.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #677 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

so clever frownland. not my fault you can't read what i wrote against what you wrote and not see what i'm saying. yyyeeeeeezus.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #678 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
not my fault you can't read what i wrote against what you wrote and not see what i'm saying.
I think it is your fault for not being clear enough. So I just print out what I'm saying and lay what you're saying over it...trace one of them? I don't get it dude.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #679 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I don't get it dude.
i can see that.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #680 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I think it is your fault
and that.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.