Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 06:30 PM   #681 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

So that means that both me and Janzsoon are right?
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #682 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

no.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #683 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

i'm really surprised that your hinging the validity of your argument on the opinions of a flat earther. like, what are you thinking?
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #684 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
no.
Open up the paradigm dude, accept the fact that you committed a false equivalency and that was all that we needed to be righter than you.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #685 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Open up the paradigm dude, accept the fact that you committed a false equivalency and that was all that we needed to be righter than you.
what? that's what you did. not me. i made a mistake by not knowing the direction of the tail of a comet is dictated by its position relative to the sun. i thought it was the direction the comet is heading. and so did you.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #686 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i made a mistake by not knowing the direction of the tail of a comet is dictated by its position relative to the sun. i thought it was the direction the comet is heading. and so did you.
I didn't realize that directionality was ever a point of discussion in here. This still does not negate the false equivalency between the sun and comets that you committed when you posed your original question.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #687 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
yes. they are all incorrect. and i can't show you a photo of the flat earth. photos of earth in its entirety do not - and probably can not - exist.
Photos of the Earth exist, as well as photos of other planets and minature planet (some call it a "dwarf" planet, but I am uneasy with that term "dwarf.") Not only is there proof that large celestial bodies are spherical in shape. It is one of nature's favorite shapes, or most common geometric shape. Mind you that nature doesn't have a preference where it has an ability to choose different shapes. Certain shapes are built through physical properties of the atoms and on the most fundamental level through the Laws of Physics.

On a small scale for instance water droplets tendency to form in a spherical shape. (see illustration A) Really the picture is a shot-action photo. What is often seen as a stream of water is actually water goblets falling using high speed photography. As the water droplet falls from the nozzle you can see it transform for an irregular shape to a more uniform shape - a sphere.

The Asteroid belt is a good example where after a certain size gravity affects the shape of the object and it becomes more spherical. The smaller ones are oddly shaped, partly through collisions where bit and pieces are chiseled away. (see illustration B) If they get big enough e.g. the size of Vesta, you can see where they oval, but tend to be somewhat spherical. (see illustration C) Ceres is proof that if an object is large enough the gravitational forces will take over and influence the shape the object. And without going into detail you can see with all the inner planets to the gaseous giants they are spherical. (see illustration D) The Oort cloud which is made up of mostly icy debris is equally distributed about the solar system in a roughly spherical in shape too. (see illustration E)

If the Earth was a flat disc shape object, it would be large enough where the gravitational forces will come into play and it would morph into a sphere. For the Earth to retain a flat disc shape its mass would have to be less than the mass of Vesta.

There is a trend in nature that favors the sphere from water droplets to large large celestial objects. To say the Earth is an exemption is just plain ridiculous.

A:


B:


C:


D:


E:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #688 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

oh. i see what you're saying. you can believe that if you want to. i don't particularly feel the need to. one other error i knew was there all along was the fact that there is nothing in space. nothing like air, anyway. a ball of fire or a steamy snowball in a hot room, when thrown, will both have tails. but in space, things might not work the same.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #689 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
a ball of fire in a hot room, when thrown, will both have tails.
You sure about that?
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #690 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Photos of the Earth exist, as well as photos of other planets and minature planet (some call it a "dwarf" planet, but I am uneasy with that term "dwarf.") Not only is there proof that large celestial bodies are spherical in shape. It is one of nature's favorite shapes, or most common geometric shape. Mind you that nature doesn't have a preference where it has an ability to choose different shapes. Certain shapes are built through physical properties of the atoms and on the most fundamental level through the Laws of Physics.

On a small scale for instance water droplets tendency to form in a spherical shape. (see illustration A) Really the picture is a shot-action photo. What is often seen as a stream of water is actually water goblets falling using high speed photography. As the water droplet falls from the nozzle you can see it transform for an irregular shape to a more uniform shape - a sphere.

The Asteroid belt is a good example where after a certain size gravity affects the shape of the object and it becomes more spherical. The smaller ones are oddly shaped, partly through collisions where bit and pieces are chiseled away. (see illustration B) If they get big enough e.g. the size of Vesta, you can see where they oval, but tend to be somewhat spherical. (see illustration C) Ceres is proof that if an object is large enough the gravitational forces will take over and influence the shape the object. And without going into detail you can see with all the inner planets to the gaseous giants they are spherical. (see illustration D) The Oort cloud which is made up of mostly icy debris is equally distributed about the solar system in a roughly spherical in shape too. (see illustration E)

If the Earth was a flat disc shape object, it would be large enough where the gravitational forces will come into play and it would morph into a sphere. For the Earth to retain a flat disc shape its mass would have to be less than the mass of Vesta.

There is a trend in nature that favors the sphere from water droplets to large large celestial objects. To say the Earth is an exemption is just plain ridiculous.

A:


B:


C:


D:


E:
this is the question on a flat earther's mind whenever anyone says "but we have pictures".

[IMG][/IMG]
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.