Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,154
Default The Social Stigma between Men and Women

__________________

CWH

Last edited by Key; 07-13-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

You're both wrong because the new Ghostbusters looks like a pile of stinky Batlord ****.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
You're both wrong because the new Ghostbusters looks like a pile of stinky Batlord ****.
Honestly, all I was trying to do here is state that I don't believe there ever should be a social stigma between genders, because i've always been gender neutral, which is why I believe that "cis gender" doesn't exist. I've never seen people as men or women, so to me, the argument doesn't exist.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

I definitely understood the point you were trying to make, but unfortunately Facebook arguments are a black hole and people can't discuss a topic very long before making things personal and attacking you for whatever reason they can (in this case, trying to twist your words because apparently men can't have opinions on gender issues.)
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
I definitely understood the point you were trying to make, but unfortunately Facebook arguments are a black hole and people can't discuss a topic very long before making things personal and attacking you for whatever reason they can (in this case, trying to twist your words because apparently men can't have opinions on gender issues.)
It was actually really scary, to be honest. A pack of women started coming after me with insults and describing my opinion as something I shouldn't hold in high regard. I've always found that the issue in this whole men vs women thing is that women believe men shouldn't be allowed to hold an opinion, and women should be allowed to hold an opinion, and if that opinion is questioned, the man is wrong. Pretty much exactly what happened in the discussion I had today.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

You're not in the wrong. You're entirely right. I don't care about some stupid issue of genders. I'm going to go see it because it looks good.

That said, they can go see a movie for any reason I want.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,526
Default

It was lazy for them to use your race and gender to devalue your opinions instead of actually addressing your point. You showed your shortcomings on the issue by not beliefing [sic] in cis as a realistic term. You both lose, but you can both still be winners if you avoid that garbage film.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post

That said, they can go see a movie for any reason I want.
Exactly. See the movie because I say it's good.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,510
Default

I think you don't even notice that you're being intentionally inflammatory. Your arguments seem tailored to cause offense even though I understand the underlying point and agree with it: the basic idea of gender swapping the Ghostbusters is completely pointless, since there was nothing gender specific about them to begin with, so making them women adds nothing to the equation and only serves to show just how much of a shallow cash grab the movie PROBABLY is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It was lazy for them to use your race and gender to devalue your opinions instead of actually addressing your point. You showed your shortcomings on the issue by not beliefing [sic] in cis as a realistic term. You both lose, but you can both still be winners if you avoid that garbage film.
Unfortunately, that was where my weakness came into play, and I did apologize to them for expressing that. I know better now though.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.