Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

elphenor 01-14-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1795107)
https://modernlifepodcastnetwork.com...Presidents.jpg

Ya, Obama is such a dick. Grow up children.

bro can you believe Trump's dumbass face is going to be on that poster forever

how am I going to explain this **** to kids when I'm your age

I mean when you go through airline security you know how you see all the presidents portraits...

Goofle 01-14-2017 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1795115)
bro can you believe Trump's dumbass face is going to be on that poster forever

how am I going to explain this **** to kids when I'm your age

I mean when you go through airline security you know how you see all the presidents portraits...

You say "We had bad ideas, it wasn't going very well because of it. And as you would expect, the change candidate won the election..." you would then go on to talk about what happens after this point. I'm sure you would be fair, and not go on about Marxist babble to a child.

The Batlord 01-14-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofle (Post 1795124)
people are idiots.

+1

Chula Vista 01-14-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1795115)
bro can you believe Trump's dumbass face is going to be on that poster forever. How am I going to explain this **** to kids when I'm your age?

Best of luck bro. That's all I got.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofle (Post 1795124)
You say "We had bad ideas, it wasn't going very well because of it. And as you would expect, the change candidate won the election..." you would then go on to talk about what happens after this point. I'm sure you would be fair, and not go on about Marxist babble to a child.

Just look at the ****storm that's been going on the past week, and the dude isn't even sitting in the chair yet!

"Unprecedented!"

Neapolitan 01-14-2017 11:33 AM

https://dougernst.files.wordpress.co...bles.jpg?w=750
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1795112)
No, dear comrade. We are all....deplorables. :afro:

http://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/u...50-800x430.jpg


Chula Vista 01-14-2017 11:47 AM

Sigh.....

Quote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A day after President-elect Donald Trump encouraged supporters to "Buy L.L. Bean," a U.S. ethics watchdog on Friday warned federal employees they must not endorse products or companies.

The U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) said on its official Twitter account: "All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position, including endorsements."

No mention of Trump was made in the tweet, and many rules for federal employees do not apply to the president. The ethics office has tweeted other reminders to employees this week, including one that federal gift restrictions remain in place during the upcoming inauguration.

The office's endorsements message drew attention on Twitter, though, because it came after Trump posted support for the Maine catalog retailer known for its backpacks and rubber-bottomed boots.

Activists had called for a boycott following reports that a member of the family that owns L.L. Bean contributed to Trump's campaign.

"Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L. Bean for your great support and courage," the Republican president-elect tweeted. "People will support you even more now. Buy L.L. Bean."

Key 01-14-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neapolitan (Post 1795047)
You know what I never made that connection because I thought his name was either spelt as Saddam "Hussain" or Ṣaddām "Ḥusayn."

I not assuming there is not a minority of people in America who think that way. I am against using that minority to prove that anyone who is legitimately critical of Barrack Obama is that shallow and don't have legitimate concerns. It's more than just looking at his name. OK, it is debatable whether or not Obama is secretly a muslim. But there have been several incidents where Barrack did not act against militant islamists or have done things in there favor. He expressed his position in his book, so there is no guess work on his middle name, which doesn't amount to a hill of beans compared to his what he says and does, and what he chooses to ignore.

http://i.giftrunk.com/w8ncwf.gif

For the love of God, Nea. If you're going to argue, at least try to see the actual point instead of pulling things out of thin air.

"You know what I never made that connection because I thought his name was either spelt as Saddam "Hussain" or Ṣaddām "Ḥusayn.""

Just because you're coming from pure ignorance doesn't mean the reason for why people outcry didn't in fact happen. I also never mentioned once that I think he is or isn't muslim so that argument literally came out of thin air. Whether his actual position differs that is not the argument. You originally stated that Obama himself fueled the fire when he was asked to show his birth certificate, but in fact showed his birth certificate due to the public outcry of his middle name. Donald Trump on the other hand has not proven to be who he actually is in regards to his tax returns, but funny thing is, a president doesn't actually have to show their birth certificate. So tell me again how Obama would have been behind fueling the fire if it wasn't something he even had to do upon taking office. Donald Trump on the other hand feels it's his right to fuel the fire when one bad news outlet posts something he doesn't like. Imagine the outcry had Obama been acting the same way Donald Trump is acting now. The two are not one in the same whether you want to believe that or not.

It's not hard to understand but I'll lay it out so even you can see it.

Saddam Hussein: Invasion of Iraq. President of Iraq. The guy people thought George W. Bush was working with. The same George W. Bush people felt had ties with 9/11 which again ties into the War on Iraq, the Iraq invasion and the War on Terrorism.

Barack Hussein Obama: Got sworn in after George W. Bush held office for 8 years. The outcry of his skin was one thing, but once his middle name was publicized, people freaked the **** out.

It doesn't matter how it's spelled or if you realized it, it happened. Obama had little to nothing to do in regards to his birth certificate so stop acting like you don't know what happened when Obama took office. The country was in a bad place, and this just topped it off.

DwnWthVwls 01-14-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 1795167)
The outcry of his skin was one thing, but once his middle name was publicized, people freaked the **** out.

They're racist, bigoted assholes, and complete idiots. Idk about you, but I find it pretty hard to understand irrational fear. A name means nothing.

Key 01-14-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1795174)
They're racist, bigoted assholes, and complete idiots. Idk about you, but I find it pretty hard to understand irrational fear. A name means nothing.

Well yeah, obviously. But given the circumstances, there was in some way an understanding line as to why people freaked out. Not saying it's right, or even justified, but people reacted pretty much as you'd expect. It was a tough sell when he took office because he instantly got blamed for everything that happened within the Bush administration and that alone put a target on his back.

kibbeh 01-14-2017 01:47 PM

love him or hate him, you've got to admit trump has a dumb looking face


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:25 PM.


© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.