Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Chula Vista 01-15-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofle (Post 1795780)
Congrats on being the most special and beststs leftist Chula.

Dude, your ideologies, as expressed these past few months are just plain deplorable. Here's to hoping you choose not to breed. The world needs much less of your kind.

Key 01-15-2017 09:25 PM

Goof, I'm sorry, but if you can't understand why what you're saying is coming off as completely and utterly distasteful, perhaps you really need to look into the politics that you believe aren't worth pertaining to. The things you seem to be under the assumption of are not of what I would say hold to someone that thinks highly of people around them. I'm shocked with your beliefs showcased over the past couple pages.

DwnWthVwls 01-15-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1795818)
Unless you're wealthy in the states with a great insurance plan your wait times are comparable if you can even see a doctor

I have free healthcare cause I'm poor, and besides the difficulty I sometimes have finding doctors that accept my insurance this is definitely NOT the case.

djchameleon 01-15-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1795747)
just break it down to the fact that young people turning about for dems (people under 35) would have made all the difference and omg do they love themselves some Bernie Sanders

This isn't true. Bernie's presence was big on social media and online but when it actually came to showing up during the primaries to support him. They didn't turn out as much as people were making it seem like they would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1795808)
rather than demonizing the "white man" (Obama) or "anyone who isn't white" (Trump)

Obama demonized the white man? What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1795824)
I have free healthcare cause I'm poor, and besides the difficulty I sometimes have finding doctors that accept my insurance this is definitely NOT the case.

Yeah, my experience with free healthcare when I was younger was that specialists weren't that bad with wait time but seeing a primary took a couple of weeks. Now the VA treats me well and my wait time to see either is pretty short.

Chula Vista 01-15-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1795824)
I have free healthcare cause I'm poor.

Mike has free healthcare too but ends up having to go to pretty crappy clinics in order to see a doc. Still, a good thing considering his condition.

elphenor 01-15-2017 10:34 PM

yes medicaid is a thing and the wait times are comparable to countries with single payer/universal

If you need to see a specialist you will wait unless you have the big bucks

elphenor 01-15-2017 10:36 PM

DJ, Bernie lost in the primaries because a lot of those young people that supported him were new voters being brought into the fold meaning they were not registered democrats by the deadline

So yeah there was a low turnout because the votes were disqualified funny how that works

Additionally miniorities favored Hillary because of a long held coalition the Clintons have had with them

Tristan_Geoff 01-15-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1795834)
DJ Bernie lost in the primaries because a lot of those young people that supported him were new voters being brought into the fold meaning they were not registered democrats by the deadline

So yeah there was a low turnout because the votes were disqualified funny how that works

I actually made the mistake of registering unaffiliated so I wasn't able to vote in the primaries.

elphenor 01-15-2017 10:43 PM

I'm not saying it was enough to change the outcome but when the people deciding which provisional ballots will get to count are all Clinton supporters how much slack do think they were willing to cut

The writing was on the wall when an independent took 22 states off of the biggest name the Democrats had but nobody listened to us

Tristan_Geoff 01-15-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1795836)
I'm not saying it was enough to change the outcome but when the people deciding which provisional ballots will get to count are all Clinton supporters how much slack do think they were willing to cut

The writing was on the wall when an independent took 22 states off of the biggest name the Democrats had but nobody listened to us

*shrug*

Oh well though. We get what we get at this point. I was planning on moving before anyways but I won't finish college till 2020 so these next few years will be interesting.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.