Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

elphenor 01-16-2017 04:05 PM

I didn't even get to vote in the primary and I go to school for this ****!

Like 10% of the country figures out how to vote in a primary it's practically an exclusive club

Because I moved states arbitrarily my affiliation didn't stand in that state and they gave me a provisional ballot that went directly into the trash

djchameleon 01-16-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1796081)
How would they know to register Democrat 6 months before Bernie had a legit shot

The rules are arbitrary anyway

We are talking about independents who lean left on the issues but aren't touched by Chula style Democrats

That's the voting block that would have won dems the election

Again more excuses, If they wanted to supported Bernie they would have learned about the process to register in time. He announced his run for Democratic nomination back on April 30, 2015. Don't tell me they didn't have enough time.

djchameleon 01-16-2017 04:07 PM

It was a learning experience for myself as well. I wasn't allowed to vote in the primaries because I'm not a registered Democrat but the party that I'm in generally votes down the Democrat line. I thought I would still be able to vote in the primaries but I wasn't able to.

elphenor 01-16-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1796084)
Again more excuses, If they wanted to supported Bernie they would have learned about the process to register in time. He announced his run for Democratic nomination back on April 30, 2015. Don't tell me they didn't have enough time.

As a fringe candidate that nobody but die hard poliheads knew about

We're talking about the independent from goddamn Vermont

elphenor 01-16-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1796086)
It was a learning experience for myself as well. I wasn't allowed to vote in the primaries because I'm not a registered Democrat but the party that I'm in generally votes down the Democrat line. I thought I would still be able to vote in the primaries but I wasn't able to.

When only 10% of the country at most ends up participating maybe it's time to evaluate the process no?

Or I guess you can talk like a Republican and blame the individual

djchameleon 01-16-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1796087)
As a fringe candidate that nobody but die hard poliheads knew about

We're talking about the independent from goddamn Vermont

Yeah but the internet and social media made it seem like everybody knew him and wanted him so that's not even remotely true about nobody knowing him. Also all the memes he had. come on now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1796089)
When only 10% of the country at most ends up participating maybe it's time to evaluate the process no?

Or I guess you can talk like a Republican and blame the individual

I agree that it does need some looking into but even if it does get fixed. People still need to make themselves aware if they want to vote. What's the point of fixing it and then people not going through with learning about it? It doesn't fix the end problem.

Or you can continue to talk like a Democrat and blame everyone else but yourself and not take some responsibility.

elphenor 01-16-2017 04:16 PM

Right but the memes started showing up well into the primary process when Bernie picked up huge traction with young voters

You then ask why they didn't turn out if he was apparently so popular with them

And I just told you because they literally weren't allowed to

djchameleon 01-16-2017 04:17 PM

They were allowed if they looked into and even cared about voting for him. They waited til Primary day to find out that they couldn't.

elphenor 01-16-2017 04:19 PM

Another explanation for it is that Bernie's popularity did not spill over into the old guard Chula dems who are less likely to use social media

That's why Bernie "won the internet" but not the primary

elphenor 01-16-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1796097)
They were allowed if they looked into and even cared about voting for him. They waited til Primary day to find out that they couldn't.

For a lot of states Bernie didn't appear to even have a chance until it got within weeks of the primary day

And like I explained these were voters who couldn't give a **** about the Democratic party so why would they be registered dems prior to knowing someone worth it could win


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.