Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Anteater 12-17-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1784300)
If he's not I am

caling ant an idiot

You are free to present something resembling a counter-argument to me one of these centuries. If not, then drop it or at least admit I had a point. I talked about human behavior in relation to law and you retorted with something along the lines of "well, none of that is important". Just because you disagree with my take on things doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you can't appreciate pragmatism or take it into consideration then you shouldn't be having political arguments with people.

And again, I'll reiterate: as funny as Trump is, I think he is a very, very flawed individual and POTUS elect. But the problems he presents are completely different from Bill Clinton, Obama and Bush respectively, partly because he's not really a politician nor does he seem to really represent either party: he merely co-opted the Republican platform to get into office. Pretending that he's somehow worse than they are when you take ALL information into consideration is an underlying premise flaw I've seen in every Trump-related discussion I've seen here and in other places.

The Batlord 12-17-2016 04:40 PM

I hereby move to have Chula's avatar removed by a mod. It is hideously annoying and annoyingly hideous to the point that I feel it is harming this forum.

Chula Vista 12-17-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1784301)
Pretending that he's somehow worse than they are when you take ALL information into consideration is an underlying premise flaw I've seen in every Trump-related discussion I've seen here and in other places.

Zero political experience - check.
History of screwing businesses - check.
History of failing ventures - check.
History of scamming the tax system - check.
Acts like a teenage girl when challenged - check.
A poster child for egotism - check.
Takes misogyny to new levels - check.
Unheard of conflicts of interests as POTUS - check.
Alt-right conspiracy theorist as his right hand man - check.

Maybe you are an idiot after-all.

elphenor 12-17-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

"You are free to present something resembling a counter-argument to me one of these centuries. If not, then drop it or at least admit I had a point. I talked about human behavior in relation to law and you retorted with something along the lines of "well, none of that is important".
You're like the guy in my Facebook feed that argues with Onion articles
It would just pain me way too much to explain points delivered through satire

Quote:

"Pretendig that he's somehow worse than they are when you take ALL information into consideration is an underlying premise flaw I've seen in every Trump-related discussion I've seen here and in other places."
He's really sticking it to the special interests by giving them the highest cabinet positions.
It's been a whole eight years since oil CEO's had their hand up the ass of the president

Anteater 12-17-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1784308)
Zero political experience - check.
History of screwing businesses - check.
History of failing ventures - check.
History of scamming the tax system - check.
Acts like a teenage girl when challenged - check.
A poster child for egotism - check.
Takes misogyny to new levels - check.
Unheard of conflicts of interests as POTUS - check.
Alt-right conspiracy theorist as his right hand man - check.

Maybe you are an idiot after-all.

Some of those "checks" being debatable aside, let's turn the board around for a bit: what about all the good Donald Trump has done in the world? All the projects he did through the 80's and 90's where he'd come in under budget, create thousands of jobs, etc? Are you one of those people who just follow HuffPost and CNN and read little else? In the same way Hillary Clinton isn't Satan just because her family's Foundation is kinda dubious and takes money from Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Donald Trump isn't the anti-christ either.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but guys like you are why Trump got elected in the first place. I'm not asking you to do serious research here: I'm asking you to think critically and look at all the information available out there. I didn't even vote for Trump so I'm unsure why you have this vendetta against what I'm saying.

Key 12-17-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1784320)
What about all the good Donald Trump has done in the world? All the projects he did through the 80's and 90's where he'd come in under budget, create thousands of jobs, etc?

I'm sorry to tell you this, but guys like you are why Trump got elected in the first place. I'm not asking you to do serious research here: I'm asking you to think critically and look at all the information available out there.

You mean the multiple bankruptcies and tax evasions? I'm not looking to argue, but if we're gonna talk about experience and what candidates have done for the world, perhaps you should look at Hillary's experience and relate it to Trump.

I'm not going to call you an idiot like everyone else because honestly...all I really have is a disagreement with you.

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 12-17-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 1784321)
You mean the multiple bankruptcies and tax evasions? I'm not looking to argue, but if we're gonna talk about experience and what candidates have done for the world, perhaps you should look at Hillary's experience and relate it to Trump.

:rofl:

Key 12-17-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwertyy (Post 1784323)
:rofl:

Something funny?

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 12-17-2016 05:59 PM

ya, that post.

Key 12-17-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwertyy (Post 1784325)
ya, that post.

Elaborate. Does Hillary not have more political experience than Trump? If Trump has more political experience, I'd love to hear your reasoning.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.