Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #2561 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I didn't say anything about me not liking them. I said both times that it no longer stays an experiment when the country is in arms length of a threat to push it back. And it also stops being an experiment when people can't fight for what they believe in. Whether or not I like it has nothing to do with it. How you got that conclusion is beyond me.
In summation: I won't call it an experiment if I don't like its outcomes. Because that is the only point I've seen you make.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #2562 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
In summation: I won't call it an experiment if I don't like its outcomes. Because that is the only point I've seen you make.
Do you need to get your head checked? Literally nothing you're saying has any indication of you understanding the point I'm trying to make. But oh wait, it's Frownland, so obviously I can't have a point. Surprise.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #2563 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,830
Default

Can you clarify then? Because that's all I'm reading from your posts as well.

When an experiment is harmful it's not an experiment anymore?
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #2564 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Do you need to get your head checked? Literally nothing you're saying has any indication of you understanding the point I'm trying to make. But oh wait, it's Frownland, so obviously I can't have a point. Surprise.
I don't understand your point. Please make it clearer for me so that I can. Or you can just get mad that I'm trying to have a discussion with you on a discussion forum.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #2565 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,398
Default

Unsurprisingly, I have to explain my point since it evidently doesn't seem to mesh well with people that want to argue more than actually read the posts.

I'm not making the argument that if I don't agree with something, it no longer counts as an experiment. My entire point is based on the fact that an experiment stops being an experiment when said experiment succeeds in doing what it was meant to achieve. More specifically, the experiment in question is how long will it take until Trump really does something so ridiculous that the country can no longer fight for what they believe in. If Trump succeeds in doing what he wants, it no longer counts as an experiment since the main goal of the experiment is to see if Trump succeeds. I don't really see how you can pull out of that point that if I don't like it, it stops being an experiment. Each time I've made this point, I've not made any indication to that.

So stop being stupid and actually read the posts before you make assumptions that make no sense.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #2566 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Unsurprisingly, I have to explain my point since it evidently doesn't seem to mesh well with people that want to argue more than actually read the posts.

I'm not making the argument that if I don't agree with something, it no longer counts as an experiment. My entire point is based on the fact that an experiment stops being an experiment when said experiment succeeds in doing what it was meant to achieve. More specifically, the experiment in question is how long will it take until Trump really does something so ridiculous that the country can no longer fight for what they believe in. If Trump succeeds in doing what he wants, it no longer counts as an experiment since the main goal of the experiment is to see if Trump succeeds. I don't really see how you can pull out of that point that if I don't like it, it stops being an experiment. Each time I've made this point, I've not made any indication to that.

So stop being stupid and actually read the posts before you make assumptions that make no sense.
The experiment is not "how long will it take until Trump really does something so ridiculous that the country can no longer fight for what they believe in?"...that is just a question. The experiment is electing him president to find that out. And I don't think we've quite gotten to the point where we've answered that question or we can't fight for what we believe in...unanimously upheld stay on "travel ban" as an example.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #2567 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,830
Default

You should always explain your point for the sake of clarity. It's nothing to get mad over, you haven't said prior to this post that you thought the experiment was over because it reached a conclusion..

Not long ago Chula and I disagreed about something because the way he was using the word empower and the way I thought about it were different. Once the word was defined we continued on. Don't get upset or aggressive over it.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #2568 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Don't get upset or aggressive over it.
Are you f*cking kidding me? It's Kiiii.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #2569 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Unsurprisingly, I have to explain my point since it evidently doesn't seem to mesh well with people that want to argue more than actually read the posts.

I'm not making the argument that if I don't agree with something, it no longer counts as an experiment. My entire point is based on the fact that an experiment stops being an experiment when said experiment succeeds in doing what it was meant to achieve. More specifically, the experiment in question is how long will it take until Trump really does something so ridiculous that the country can no longer fight for what they believe in. If Trump succeeds in doing what he wants, it no longer counts as an experiment since the main goal of the experiment is to see if Trump succeeds. I don't really see how you can pull out of that point that if I don't like it, it stops being an experiment. Each time I've made this point, I've not made any indication to that.

So stop being stupid and actually read the posts before you make assumptions that make no sense.
Oh okay, so you're just super wrong then and I'm not misunderstanding anything. Gotcha. Sorry I'm not smart enough to agree with your partisan ass.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #2570 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 41,115
Default

Ki's new avatar is HFW he's getting trolled by Frownland.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.