Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Frownland 12-18-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofle (Post 1784550)
Also the electoral college is either a good or bad thing, the winner of an individual election doesn't change that.

I'm talking about people who all of a sudden support the electoral college because of this single election so...

You posted that radio dj before, he was a great example of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofle (Post 1784551)
Because it was an election held in the United States of America.

Elaborate on why a majority vote does not matter in the United States.

Frownland 12-18-2016 12:12 PM

Bonus points if your argument doesn't only focus on the semantic difference between a republic and a democracy.

Goofle 12-18-2016 12:12 PM

Because the US has an electoral college. That's your system that selects the winner of the presidency.

Copy and paste it or whatever.

Unless you decide to ditch that system and go for a straight majority vote, what's the point even bringing up the majority vote?

The Batlord 12-18-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofle (Post 1784556)
Because the US has an electoral college. That's your system that selects the winner of the presidency.

Copy and paste it or whatever.

I get your point, but it's a stupid point. We don't want this stupid ****, so pointing at that said stupid **** is the law of the land does not make us think it any less stupid.

Goofle 12-18-2016 12:15 PM

There's arguments for and against it. I tend to like it more than a straight up majority vote, but I think there needs to be some changes to the points being awarded for certain states.

Frownland 12-18-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofle (Post 1784556)
Unless you decide to ditch that system and go for a straight majority vote, what's the point even bringing up the majority vote?

Because it shows what people actually want. Duh. What's the point in voting at all if the majority vote means nothing?

Key 12-18-2016 12:21 PM

So this thread is basically the donald trump 4 prez thread again. Wonderful.

Frownland 12-18-2016 12:22 PM

Strange how threads with no real difference between them on the same person are similar.

Anteater 12-18-2016 12:22 PM

Why is a straight popular vote any better or less corruptible than the Electoral College system? Going by the popular vote, the populations of California and New York would determine every single election cycle. Which is another of way saying "if you live in any of these 46+ something other states across thousands of miles, your vote doesn't matter if you don't live in Los Angeles or New York City".

If you want to create even easier, more obvious targets for America's foreign enemies to literally hack our elections in ways you can't even begin to imagine, then I can't think of a better scenario than a popular vote, especially in our society today where the American left are just as easily led by the media as Trump's supporters were led by his rhetoric.

Key 12-18-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1784568)
Strange how threads with no real difference between them on the same person are similar.

It's almost like it's pointless to have either.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.